Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misseditbythatmuch

Atlantic Canada Restaurants & Stores?

Hiya!

I am just about to embark on a somewhat unplanned road trip through Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador). I am not sure yet of what places I'll see and when I'll be in certain places. I will probably be emphasizing the more natural sides of the provinces. I expect to pass through the larger cities but hope to spend more of the time in nature :-)

Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations about places to eat or get gluten-free food while I'm there? I have already gathered a bit of information, from the Halifax, Charlottetown, and Newfoundland chapters of the Canadian Celiac Association.

This may be a little late, but if you ever decide to come back to Newfoundland, St. John's is fairly accommodating. Boston Pizza, The Keg, Blue on Water (so I hear) and a few others have gluten-free options. There is also a new bakery opening, Nourish, in Paradise, which is a burb of St. John's. Outside of the city the options aren't as great...if you can find a Sobey's, most of them have gluten-free food. :)