Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

igd

Gluten Free Dining On Cruise

I just returned from my first cruise! I always wanted to try cruising, but since being diagnosed with celiac disease, was leery of what my dining options would be.

We went with Norwegian Cruise Line and I had the best experience! The chefs on board got to know me and came out with freshly toasted gluten-free bread when I sat down to eat! I never ate at the buffet, although our kids loved it. I did bring a loaf of Udi's bread with me as well as peanut butter and jelly to make sandwiches for my lunch when we were docked at the Bahamas. NCL also suggest letting them know ahead of time what your dietary requirements were. I emailed, but ended up calling. It didn't seem to be an issue with them at all and the waiter told me that they had someone else who needed a gluten-free diet on the previous cruise. I am also happy to say I did not get sick and we cannot wait for our next cruise!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Please be sure to email or write them a letter to say how pleased you were with your gluten free food. So glad it went so well.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

I had a similar experience with Royal Carribean about two years ago...had the best trip, never got sick, and even managed to lose four pounds on a cruise!!! Glad to hear you had a great experience as well!

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life