Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marie1107

Worst Every Time When Glutened...

Hi!

I have been gluten-free for about 2 years and I was very very strict for the first one and never took any risks of getting glutened. But now I try to be careful but I have had a couple of accidents. And everytime the symptoms are more violent. I thought and I had heard from some other celiacs that after recovery symptoms would actually decrease... Is your body also reacting more even after being gluten-free for a while? Or is it less? Thanks for you help. :)

The wonderful freedom of the gluten-free life...:)

>>(It's not always that easy but there is nothing like really having my life back:))

Diagnosed 02/2008.

Symptoms started when I was 9-10 years old. More or less the typical ones, did everything I could to keep going until 2007 when I could not function at all anymore (all typical symptoms + severe bladder, liver and anxiety problems).

I finally found a good GI doctor and got my life back and I'm now doing better everyday!

Also dairy-free, soy-free, yeast-free, sugar-free and mostly grain-free.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well I've only been gluten-free for six months, but I can say for sure my symptoms are more severe now. I never had bad gastro symptoms before going gluten free, just bloating and gas. My symptoms were mostly neuro. Now I get violent stomach pains and bloody D a few days after being glutened as well as the neuro symptoms (headaches, shaky hands, fatigue, brain fog, muscle spasms, and joint pain). I'm also much more sensitive to cc than I was in the beginning.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Over 8 years gluten free, still react violently to gluten. Will not touch gluten on purpose.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

I have been gluten-free for over 4 years. I am very sensitive to any gluten or cross-contamination. For me, the symptoms of getting glutened get worse and worse over time. I figure it's because my body has finally gotten rid of what it basically sees as a poison. So when it does get glutened again, it's a pretty bad and kind of long reaction.

My gluten by accident symptoms got worse also. I am eight years in and a good glutening now leads to a 3 days mild GI bleed. Something that didn't happen at all before I was diagnosed.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Have been gluten-free for 6 months now and I notice that if I am glutened the symptoms are worse every time. I am very careful and stick to what I now is safe and when it happens I have only had 1 new thing (note to self, stay away from that) It also seems to take longer to recover from the episodes. Not sure if it is related but this time not only have I had the "brain fog" bad but severe stomach pain on my right side, bloating, gas, nausea, both bathroom issues and a SEVERE PANIC ATTACK. It lasted the whole day and left me completely drained.

I do appreciate this site as I read the posts I realize that I am not alone. Thank you everyone. :-)