Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissPatient21

What Are Some Chain Grocery Stores (Across The Us And Canada) That Have Online gluten-free Lists?

I'm personally on the West Coast, but I have friends across the U.S. and in Canada that are feeling lost when it comes to being allergen free and trying to grocery shop. I've found product lists for them from Trader Joe's, Wegmans and Whole Foods, but I can't find any others. Anyone know of any other stores that have lists available online?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

HyVee is a grocery across the Midwest - Kansas, Missouri, Iowa,etc. They have a gluten-free section in the stores and have a big list of every HyVee brand product that is gluten-free.

King Soopers / Kroger / City Markets : they've got quite a few gluten free items (baked goods, soups, froz. dinners, etc.) in their freezer section, plus many gluten-free flours and mixes in their baking products aisle. They also have a pretty extensive list of what is gluten free in their store brand products.

Diagnosed 8-8-08 (I think I'll remember that date!)

Positive blood panel

Endoscopy a little later on confirmed, via Small Intestine Biopsy

Adult son diagnosed Celiac in his late 20s

Suspect my Mother undiagnosed Celiac

Places I go regularly:

Kroger/Hilander (northern IL)- will email a list, Piggly Wiggly (Wisconsin)- has a list on their site, Schnucks/Logli (Illinois & Missouri)- marks their gluten-free products on the shelves, Jewel Osco (Chicago, northern IL 'burbs)- has a gluten-free section, Woodmans (IL & WI)- has a WHOLE aisle, Valli Produce (northern IL)- has a HUGE binder, will answer emails, too.

Monica

dx celiac disease- November 1, 2008

dairy/casein free (much to my chagrin) for good- September 1, 2010

giant food brand has allergen info on their site. (DC/VA/MD/DE)

http://www.giantfood.com/living_well/allergens.htm

"Allergen statements on our Giant brand products. The Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA), requires food labels to indicate if the product contains any of the "Big 8" allergens (wheat, soy, milk, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, and eggs). In addition, Giant brand products list gluten if it is present in the food or could be present due to cross-contamination."

i think individual stores have a list. but at the larger stores the special gluten-free items are usually found where the organic stuff is.

Stop n Shops often have a gluten free section which is terribly designed and frequently has organic wheat and spelt pastas in it, or high gluten specialty flours. Stores vary dramatically in what they carry in terms of gluten-free cookies/bread/crackers/mixes. Don't know about a list, but this is just a warning.

The Dekalb farmer's market in Atlanta is awesome, even without a list.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

Earthfare--a health food store in the southeast has a list you can print out: http://www.earthfare.com/HealthyLiving/SpecialDiets/Gluten-Free.aspx

Farm Fresh has a whole aisle labeled gluten free and you can also use their online shopping (Internet Express) to look up products: http://shop.farmfreshsupermarkets.com/FarmFresh_App/ads_app/weeklyads.asp It won't give you a list of all items that are gluten free (like items that conatin no gluten ingredients, but are not labeled gluten-free), but many gluten free items come up in a search and you can use it to compare prices if you know how much a gluten-free specialty item is at another store.

Harris Teeter has an online shopping feature called Express Lane that is similar to Farm Fresh. Many items will say "gluten free" in the description. But you have to know what you are searching for. http://www.harristeeter.com/shopping/express_lane/express_lane.aspx

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

I'm personally on the West Coast, but I have friends across the U.S. and in Canada that are feeling lost when it comes to being allergen free and trying to grocery shop. I've found product lists for them from Trader Joe's, Wegmans and Whole Foods, but I can't find any others. Anyone know of any other stores that have lists available online?

I am in New England and Shaw's, Stop n Shop and Daves Marketplace all carry gluten free products here in RI as well as Wholefoods and Trader Joes.

Gluten free since 1990.

Diagnosed by duodenal biopsy.

You don't stop skiing because you get old. You get old because you stop skiing :-)