Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allilicious

Mixes - Garbanzo Flour

Ello There!

I am trying out this whole baking my own food gluten free thing, I have had several recipes turn out with the right consistencies but have what I think is a a very very funny taste. I think I have come to the conclusion that it is garbanzo bean flour in the Bob's Red Mill all purpose mix. I am very sensitive when it comes to tastes and textures and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar or had any suggestions of products that they have had success with that garbanzo bean flour was not an ingredient in. Any and ALL help would be appreciated!!!

Alli

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am with you. It makes everything tasste beany :blink:

I use a sorghum flour instead of garbanzo flour. I have started mixing my own blends. I just replace the ones I don't care for. I think brown rice flour is also a good sub.

Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

Although I do use and like a few bean flours, garbanzo is one bean flour I never liked. I've also found that Bob's bean flours are all rancid, which seems to be due to excess heat because of stone grinding.

For those interested, here's my best bread recipe thus far.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.