Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissPatient21

Products That Can Be Found In Canada?

Hi, I was wondering if you Canadians could list some of the packaged gluten free snacks that you are able to find in Canada, as well as premade or frozen meals or side dishes.

I'm from America, but a friend from Canada is going gluten free and I have no idea if the products I am recommending can be found there too. Is there a list out there of products that can be found in Canada?

Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I was wondering if you Canadians could list some of the packaged gluten free snacks that you are able to find in Canada, as well as premade or frozen meals or side dishes.

I'm from America, but a friend from Canada is going gluten free and I have no idea if the products I am recommending can be found there too. Is there a list out there of products that can be found in Canada?

Thank you!

kinnikinnick sells many breads in the frozen health food section, they also do many different types of bread mixes (which are better in my opinion). http://consumer.kinnikinnick.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/consumer.home.html (loads of other products there).

Celimix also has premixes of cakes and breads

In the asian section of the grocery store, you can find rice crackers, vermicelli and a few other labelled gluten free products,

For ice cream there is Chapmans icecream- which has always been my favorite and then one day I was wanting icecream and I noticed that they are certified gluten free... no wonder it comes sealed in plastic!

If she is in Alberta, close to Calgary there is Earth's Oven Gluten Free Bakery http://www.earthsoven.com/index.html which I've only just learned about and I'm excited to go try out their products.

I'm not sure of any others, I generally haven't bothered with bread substitutes and I've only been doing this for 6 weeks.

Self diagnosed as gluten free as all tests were negative and the doctor was completely useless.

Gluten Free since June 2010

Suspecting soy and milk as of June 2011

Brands available at various stores in Canada include Glutino, Gluten Free Pantry, El Peto, Kinniknick, Tinkyada and EnerG. That list may not be complete.

Health food stores and specialty stores carry the widest range, but the Loblaw family of grocery stores (Zehr's, Fortino's, Canadian Super Store, as well as Loblaws--but NOT No Frills) carry a number of gluten-free foods. The selection varies widely by location. They will usually be gathered together in a section of the store for health and special needs foods it may be close to the in-store pharmacy in many cases). We do most of our shopping at Longo's, a Toronto-area regional chain and they carry a number of Glutino products. Tinkyada pasta is available at two non-chain shops in our neighborhood.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007