Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lett

Gluten Free Snickers, Mars And Other Candies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I found on ebay gluten free snickers, mars and many other candies. Are they really gluten free or the seller is lying? Thanks a lot.

Go to your regular store for those items. They are not anything special they are the same thing you would buy at the local grocery store. The Ebay seller isn't lying but in my opinion they are trying to 'cash in' on folks that don't realize they are the same stuff if they are charging more than you would pay at the corner.

If you go to many of the candy companies web site they will give you a list of their gluten free items. I know Snickers are safe as are Milky Way DARK (the regular Milky Way is NOT gluten free), Jelly Belly jelly beans and quite a few other candies.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Go to your regular store for those items. They are not anything special they are the same thing you would buy at the local grocery store. The Ebay seller isn't lying but in my opinion they are trying to 'cash in' on folks that don't realize they are the same stuff if they are charging more than you would pay at the corner.

If you go to many of the candy companies web site they will give you a list of their gluten free items. I know Snickers are safe as are Milky Way DARK (the regular Milky Way is NOT gluten free), Jelly Belly jelly beans and quite a few other candies.

Thanks a lot, didn't know that.