Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayjay57

Misery Loves Company...what Do I Do?

I have been gluten free for 4 months or so and last night after coming in contact with some cross contamination I am in major pain! Hit quite quickly (in the restaurant) and even though I made it home before getting worse I woke up today with horrendous bloating and pains. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? It has been 24 hours and I am still quite uncomfortable.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been gluten free for 4 months or so and last night after coming in contact with some cross contamination I am in major pain! Hit quite quickly (in the restaurant) and even though I made it home before getting worse I woke up today with horrendous bloating and pains. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process? It has been 24 hours and I am still quite uncomfortable.

Sorry you are in such misery. Some people advise to drink lots of water; others say pepto bismol helps them. Hope you feel better soon.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

So sorry you feel cruddy! When I'm glutened I tend to start a regimen of gas-x (for the bloating), pepto (because someone told me to...lol), lots of water (cause it flushes you out), and a pretty darned liquid diet (because I can't really handle "real" food anyway when I'm that bad, so boost shakes are my friend.)

Good luck to you! Get well soon!

Heather C.

July, 2010: Diagnosed with Celiac Disease via elimination diet and strong Lactose Intolerance via blood work. My symptoms of glutening include 1. extreme abdominal distention, 2. severe abdominal pain, 3. gas, 4. mood swings/generally negative and unpleasant to be around!

Ask your doctor for Mebeverine also known as Colofac. I also find medicine form is better than tablets. My doctor gave me Mebeverine when I first started gluten-free diet seemed to work if I accidentally eat gluten.

Diagnosed with Coeliac disease in 2003

Sorry you are in such misery. Some people advise to drink lots of water; others say pepto bismol helps them. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm one of the Pepto Bismol people. It really helps with the pain for me.