Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBaby

Is Anyone Here A Photo-Journalist?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was for 33 years -- Chicago, Tokyo & Hawaii.

Where are you located?

Looking for fellow PJ's.

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Hi Kenlove.

I am in Pennsylvania. I am looking to get into this. I get commented on my photos and have been told in the past my writing skills are excellent. I am looking for fellow PJ's who can hopefully give me advice and direction how to pursue this. I do not have a degree, I do have an "eye" a drive to seek truth in people places and things. I am taking a photography class soon to up my skills. I have a photo gig in October photographing a Strongman Competition. Any guidance you can give me much appreciated.

Lori

No problem, I taught it for 15 years too. The main thing is keep shooting -- its so much easier now than it was in the 60s when we had to soup the film and print. Then again there seems to be more competition now to0. So the main thing is to keep shooting and build an amazing portfolio.. Go through the online pix of NPPA, (National Press Photographers Assoc.) Illinois PPA and others you can find online.

when I taught I tried to get across to look at texture in the surroundings and to take both horz and vert of the same thing with 3 different focal length lens. 24, 85 and 200 for example.

There are 5 Ken love's who are photojournalists, One in Pittsburgh was with BBC and did film.

One in Akron and still pretty active, father and son in Mo. who I met in 76 and myself now in Hawaii.

YOU dont need to change your name to do this job though (^_^)

good luck

Hi Kenlove.

I am in Pennsylvania. I am looking to get into this. I get commented on my photos and have been told in the past my writing skills are excellent. I am looking for fellow PJ's who can hopefully give me advice and direction how to pursue this. I do not have a degree, I do have an "eye" a drive to seek truth in people places and things. I am taking a photography class soon to up my skills. I have a photo gig in October photographing a Strongman Competition. Any guidance you can give me much appreciated.

Lori

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Thanks Ken. I already take a horz and vert of most every picture I take. I am big on texture too. I guess I naturally have the basics ingrained in me, now the focal length, needs work. I have a dual digital/manual camera with a 18xzoom and with an extended digital zoom that goes to 115x. Nice to have a camera that you can just point and shoot one day and another day actually play with to get good effects. I never bothered with the manualportion till now Off to the river park and play around with it. See what I can do. I appreciate the advice.

Lori