Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if Starbucks Soy lattes are gluten free? I hate giving up my lattes. I know I can't have their Frapes, but would like to continue with my hot lattes.

Dx Celiac July 2010 by Endoscopy biopsy- had Endoscopy for another reason, not for possible Celiac

Lactose intolerant discovered August 2010

Hypothyroid Dx 2009. Sleep Apnea 2005

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone know if Starbucks Soy lattes are gluten free? I hate giving up my lattes. I know I can't have their Frapes, but would like to continue with my hot lattes.

I personally had a reaction to the soy white mochas. My doctor had me go dairy free for 6 months after being diagnosed. I'm now slowly introducing dairy back into my diet with success. I suggest buying a coffee pot and making your own coffee with safe, organic products.

~ Pixiespirit

I personally had a reaction to the soy white mochas. My doctor had me go dairy free for 6 months after being diagnosed. I'm now slowly introducing dairy back into my diet with success. I suggest buying a coffee pot and making your own coffee with safe, organic products.

I agree. Pacific foods has now come out with a tasty chocolate hemp milk which I will try in my coffee tommorrow morning. I drank a glass last night and it was good and do sometimes like a little flavoring in my coffee too.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Sorry... What's with Soy? I have Creamer in my coffee (soy) & hate to give it up...

Quite a few of us react to soy as well as gluten. That and dairy are the most common other intolerances. You may or may not have an issue with soy. Not everyone does but if you keep having issues after you have been gluten free for a while then cut out soy and dairy and see if it helps.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Quite a few of us react to soy as well as gluten. That and dairy are the most common other intolerances. You may or may not have an issue with soy. Not everyone does but if you keep having issues after you have been gluten free for a while then cut out soy and dairy and see if it helps.

Dairy was the first thing I had to keep away from... Thankfully going on just meats & veggies for a week helped me figure that one out quickly... I'm not sure if soy does or not... So far I'm not noticing anything but they I do have my times when I know I've had something I shouldn't...

You guys are great!

Yes, they are. I drink soy as I have a dairy issue and even though I knew they were gluten-free from reading the label, I called Bucky's to back up what I was reading. I have never gotten sick or had the slightest issue with them and I am uber-sensitive. Enjoy!

Dairy was the first thing I had to keep away from... Thankfully going on just meats & veggies for a week helped me figure that one out quickly... I'm not sure if soy does or not... So far I'm not noticing anything but they I do have my times when I know I've had something I shouldn't...

You guys are great!

If you have been drinking soy milk and haven't had any problems, then don't worry about it. Not as many people are soy intolerant as gluten intolerant. I can't have dairy, along with no gluten, but can eat soy with zero problems. It's a really good substitute for milk and is a good protein source.

Soy is supposed to be bad for your thyroid but it has had no effect on mine and I have Hashimoto's thyroid. My thyroid has been improving by leaps and bounds and I drink soy about 2-3 times per week. Go figure.

I just wanted to let whoever know that the white chocolate that Starbucks uses has dairy in it. When I was off of dairy I asked to read the ingredients and low and behold - there it was - the main ingredients (besides sugar) were diary.

That could have been what you reacted to, pixespirit.

One other thing though, is that if you go to a Starbucks with an automatic espresso machine, that they use coffee pods in, there could possibly be very small amounts of gluten. Some one I know found out that they were drinking coffee made from a pod and contacted the company and found out that they use gluten in the glue to hold the paper together for the pods.

I just thought of this recently after realizing that every time I have espresso from Starbucks I get sick, but not from any of the local coffee shops. Just a thought! B)

From what I was told, Starbucks soy milk is not gluten-free. If memory serves, I called the company, although that was maybe 8-10 months back. Things may have changed since then.

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pacific Foods makes some great stuff, now if only they would accept my application one of these days.

Receiving a qualified diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome is as useful as a Psychiatrist giving you a diagnosis of "Doesn't Think Right".