Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mommyto3

Best Grocery Store In Buffalo For Gluten Free Stuff

I just posted about UDI's bread but I wanted to do this on a seperate post....

I'm hitting the Pennsylvania outlets in a couple of weeks but I plan to stop in Buffalo on the way back to stock up on gluten free products (ie cereal snacks etc etc). We have so little available here in Canada.

I'd love to hear from anybody who is familiar with Buffalo as to which is the best grocery chain for gluten free products. I'm looking for variety as I'd like to pick up some of the many products that I can't buy here at home.

Thanks! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just replied to your other post but Wegman's markets also has many gluten-free things as well...they are located in NY & PA...Blessings

mamaw

Wegmans was what I was going to say too. If you go online to Wegmans.com they have a list of stores and where they are located to make it easier to find them.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Not sure how expensive shipping is but there is so much online.

I use a bread mix that's even better than Udi's and a third or less of the price. It's Gluten Free Pantry Basic White Bread.

You can mix it with your stand mixer or a hand held beaters. Let it rise for half hour and bake. It's about $4.50 for a box and it makes a large loaf of bread. I order it in bulk online from that place we aren't supposed to mention and it's even cheaper, like $4 a loaf.

Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.

Ready to get well and get on with my life!