• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

looking4help

Been Mia Because I Am Sure That I Was In Hell......

Rate this topic

Hello all! I am resurfacing again after being missing for about 2 weeks. Last I was on the boards I was signing off for a day surgery with my OBGYN to check for endometriosis. (sp) That surgery was August 3rd and here it is the 17th. Exactly two weeks later. I am convinced that I was in HELL!

During my laproscopy the OB found that my left ovary and fallopian tube was completely grown attached to my intestines. Therefore, she stopped her procedure and called in a general surgeon to separate.

Then the hysteroscopy which was supposed to be relatively pain free afterward showed that the inside of my uterus was horrible! The OB had to do what she described as an extensive D and C.

Well, all was going fine and well (of course pain meds etc.) and then POW the evil forces of hell came and drug me into a gut wrenching, floor crawling, screaming pain in my gut Friday night (3 days later). I was rushed to the ER and immediately admitted with what they thought was a perforated bowel. Later found out that it was an extreme case of diverticulitus. (3rd bought in less than 2 years!) They think that the manipulation of my intestine when being separated from the ovary and tube flared up some polyps that were in there already.

I have NEVER been in so much pain! I was begging to give birth (natural at that!) to a child in stead. And I know how hard that is because I have 4 kids (1 was completely natural!)

Anyways, I was in the hospital for 5 days which was another torture device from hell I say. My veins were collapsing and both arms are completely bruised from elbow to wrist top and bottom! They finally had to bring down someone from cardio to get a new IV in after I had blown so many out.

OH by the way the hysteroscopy was horrible as well. My uterus felt as if someone was using it to perform acrobatics inside me. It was 100 times worse than any after birth pains I have ever felt!

Now, on top of this of course my husband was an emotional wreck! When the OB had come out to update him after the original surgeries she said, "well everything went according to procedure but......" Well you can guess that his thoughts stopped there and his heart fell to the floor! She finally got him to realize I was actually alive and oh BTW you can see her in about an hour which turned out to be almost 2 hours later because of the amount of pain meds that they had to give me. Also, when he finally did get to see me I was so looped out of everything and puking into a basin. Mind you I do NOT puke in front of anyone and he knows how particular I am about that! So, he knew it was bad.

Then 3 days later while he is at work out of town he finds out that I was rushed to the ER. The poor man was an emotional wreck!

Anyways, I am finally feeling a bit better and I these events did confirm that when mama is so sick she is out of commission the house, kids and hubby actually do kinda break down!

The sad thing is that now I am only part way through my journey. I have to go back to the GI and explain everything to him and let him check off OB visit/endo check off his list. UGHHHHHHH.............. Where will I get the energy??? I just want to lay in bed and cry!

Which I did this past weekend. :o

How awful! I hope you feel better really soon!

Oh sweet baby jesus! I was actually holding my stomach while reading your story. I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. And why is it that our husbands are always out of town during the good stuff? ;) I know he must have been scared!

And yes, mommies don't get days off. I was in bed all weekend and when I finally decided to peep out I saw the most horrendous sight. Food packages on the living room floor, blankets drug halfway through the house, dog food littered through the pantry, the rabbit cage wide open (knowing full well my dog has been known to kill rabbits), sticky gross countertops with 2 sinks full of dishes, a dirty diaper (pee) on the floor, and so much more. There should be a special maid service for just these types of events!

I hope things are looking up for you. I really hope you find some relief!!

I am so very sorry you had to go through all this pain. I hope your feeling better soon. If you are still in pain and out of it do call your insurance company and see if they will cover something like a visiting nurse service or call on freinds or relatives to see if perhaps someone could help out even for a nominal fee. You need to rest and recover if you can.

Sending good and healing thoughts your way for a quick recovery.

You are all so sweet! The pain is gone. Actually GONE! And I don't mean the pain from surgery and the hospital stay but I mean the pain that has been in my left side stabbing me every single day for a year now.

I did notice that the day after surgery before I got drug to hell by the diverticulitus demons but I did not get to enjoy it long at all.

Today for the first day in a SOLID year I have NO NO NO PAIN! I mean I am very exhausted, can't hardly move my body at all but OMG the pain is gone!

I have hope. FINALLY. I truly was about to throw in the towel and was wishing a quick death in my bed Saturday night. Quite a pity party I was having, sad to say.

But you guys are so very supportive here. My BFF is so very sweet to me as is my husband but they don't "get" it. I know I can always come here for help and encouragement!

I am so very sorry you had to go through all this pain. I hope your feeling better soon. If you are still in pain and out of it do call your insurance company and see if they will cover something like a visiting nurse service or call on freinds or relatives to see if perhaps someone could help out even for a nominal fee. You need to rest and recover if you can.

Sending good and healing thoughts your way for a quick recovery.

You are all so sweet! The pain is gone. Actually GONE! And I don't mean the pain from surgery and the hospital stay but I mean the pain that has been in my left side stabbing me every single day for a year now.

I did notice that the day after surgery before I got drug to hell by the diverticulitus demons but I did not get to enjoy it long at all.

Today for the first day in a SOLID year I have NO NO NO PAIN! I mean I am very exhausted, can't hardly move my body at all but OMG the pain is gone!

I have hope. FINALLY. I truly was about to throw in the towel and was wishing a quick death in my bed Saturday night. Quite a pity party I was having, sad to say.

But you guys are so very supportive here. My BFF is so very sweet to me as is my husband but they don't "get" it. I know I can always come here for help and encouragement!

I am so happy for you that the adhesion removal and other procedures have finally gotten rid of that pain! It must be quite a relief to know that you didn't go through all that for nothing. Doing a 'happy dance' for you. :)

What a tale. The surgery sounds beyond awful but I'm so glad to hear they found the cause of that stabbing pain. I hope it's gone for good after the ordeal you went through to be rid of it!

Oh my GOSH what a nightmare! I am so so sorry :( I am glad to see you well enough to share with us! I lift you up for a speedy recovery.

I too am happy that ordeal is over! Now, to deal with my nutrition problems and the diverticulitus. That in itself may require another surgery UGH! But, at least I am feeling a bit more hope now.

It was here on the boards that someone convinced me to move forward with the OB surgery! I am soo very glad that I had that support!

Thank you all!

What a tale. The surgery sounds beyond awful but I'm so glad to hear they found the cause of that stabbing pain. I hope it's gone for good after the ordeal you went through to be rid of it!

((((((Hugs))))))

Not much else I can add beyond what has been said. So sorry that you had such miserable pain, but very happy to know that the miserable pain may be ending! Best wishes for you. And take good care of yourself!

-Daisy