Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miles

Thin Pizza Crust

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks it looks really good. I have a few questions:

What is "instant yeast" and how is it different from regular yeast?

DO you think I could use corn starch in place of the potato starch? I have potato flour but not potato starch.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

I was thinking you might nor need no stick if you put parchment paper in the pan. Also, when Hub makes pizza, he put some cornmeal on the pan first to help it not stick.

A really simple thin crust is to use a rice tortilla.

I was thinking you might nor need no stick if you put parchment paper in the pan. Also, when Hub makes pizza, he put some cornmeal on the pan first to help it not stick.

A really simple thin crust is to use a rice tortilla.

Kareng, Would parchment paper prevent cc from previous gluten pizzas cooked on the pan? I also have the problem of only having pizza pans that have the holes in them. Not sure how thin this pizza dough/batter is, but I wonder if parchment would work if it's a watery batter. I might try some non-stick Reynolds release foil though.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Kareng, Would parchment paper prevent cc from previous gluten pizzas cooked on the pan? I also have the problem of only having pizza pans that have the holes in them. Not sure how thin this pizza dough/batter is, but I wonder if parchment would work if it's a watery batter. I might try some non-stick Reynolds release foil though.

I used parchment paper to cover my french baguette pans with the holes in them - worked just fine. And yes, it would prevent cc.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Thanks! I'm really craving pizza lately. I have only had one good pizza since going gluten free and that was at Mellow Mushroom. I have used corn tortillas and rice cakes to put pizza toppings on, but it's not the same as having a crust. ;)

I can tell you for sure cornstarch does not work

pizza_crust_cornstarch.jpg

it is a very runny dough and i don't think parchment paper would work, it might soak the paper, but I don't know for sure.

foil might work, but the dough is also very sticky, that is why i have replaced my pan twice

I can tell you for sure cornstarch does not work

pizza_crust_cornstarch.jpg

it is a very runny dough and i don't think parchment paper would work, it might soak the paper, but I don't know for sure.

foil might work, but the dough is also very sticky, that is why i have replaced my pan twice

Wow, thank you for trying so soon and reporting back! I will wait until I can get a new pan.