Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steveindenver

Puerto Vallarta Advice/tips/suggestions - Help Needed

Hi - we're looking at traveling to Puerto Vallarta and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for dining out, grocery shopping, general advice. I have the Triumph Dining card, so that will help. Probably will stay in a condo and cook, but just wondering if anyone has gluten free advice/knowledge of the area.

Thanks so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've found the local eateries use mainly small white tortillas for making tacos. These are usually made fresh daily.

I've spent 8-9 days each of the last two years in Guadalahara, Tequila, and Arandas (and the towns in between). We usually eat at small local cafes, open air restaurants, and street venders. Basically street tacos. Very tasty and cheap. Haven't had a problem with gluten or sickness.

Where we go, there are no fancy gringo touristy places for the most part. We do local and love it.

best regards, lm

p.s., I think the secret is lots of good quality tequila!

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa