Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silverfyre

Good Gluten Free/casein Free Foods?

Hello again,

I am trying to cut out all dairy/casein out of my diet now and was wondering if any of you fine folks had any product recommendations for people on a gluten free/casein/dairy free diet. I'm rather new to the casein free part (been gluten free for several years now) and would love to have any advice or product suggestions you guys wouldn't mind passing along. Thanks in advance!

Chris McCoy: Writer, Husband, and Goblin Wrangler

Diagnosed with Celiac's Disease on March 2005 (Biopsy and Blood Test)

Lactose Intolerant Since December 2003

Gluten Free Since April 2005

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

-Socrates-

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What sort of things are you looking for? I'm a vegan and I've been gluten-free the past year. For starters... almond milk is my favorite milk substitute. Daiya cheddar cheese is the best fake cheese I've had so far. Tofutti makes decent fake soy-based sour cream and cream cheese.

I'm mostly looking for cheeses, butter substitutes, ice cream, and that sort of thing.

Chris McCoy: Writer, Husband, and Goblin Wrangler

Diagnosed with Celiac's Disease on March 2005 (Biopsy and Blood Test)

Lactose Intolerant Since December 2003

Gluten Free Since April 2005

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

-Socrates-

I'm mostly looking for cheeses, butter substitutes, ice cream, and that sort of thing.

Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread is very good as a substitute for butter. Also available in a soy-free version. It's non-GMO, gluten free, lactose free and vegan.

Earth Balance

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

What I have found is that when a products lists lactose free it is not casein free. To be completely free of dairy, look for a little Parve symbol. It could be a P in a circle, or simply the word "parve". It means it contains absolutely no dairy. I buy the Smart Balance light margarine that has Parve written on it. It actually tastes delicious, melts nicely and have used it for baking with success.

Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!