Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RSMinc

Hello All From Virginia

Hello my name is Ryan and i live in Max Meadows Virginia. Im new to the celiac disease and am trying to figure this out. Im very friendly and would love any kind of advice :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Ryan, I live in Hampton Roads. What are your questions?

Im just trying to figure out my whole diet thing. I know i need to avoid gluten in my diet. Just curious on what kinds of products i can eat ive basically been living off of rice and fresh fruits and vegetables.

Hi Ryan, we are in Fauquier County, not sure where that is in relation to where you are but welcome. I'm rather new to this myself and seeking answers for me and my 2 year old son.

Hi Ryan, we are in Fauquier County, not sure where that is in relation to where you are but welcome. I'm rather new to this myself and seeking answers for me and my 2 year old son.

And I used to fly with the Flying Circus in Bealton, many moons ago. :D Virginia was home for me, but now a bit south of the boarder.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Well, just to help you quickly expand what you can eat, you can start by adding cheese, eggs, and meats, unless you're vegetarian or vegan. Virtually any plain raw meat in a store is gluten-free and can, of course, be cooked how you want it. Hot dogs are universally gluten-free in the U.S. as are virtually all sausages. Practically all deli meats are gluten-free. Find gluten-free pasta and make spag sauce or pour it from a jar.

Living in Max Meadows, if you want specialty gluten-free stuff I imagine you'll either have to order online or make sure to check out stores in other towns, such as Bristol. However, Kraft has a policy of clearly listing any gluten. And if you have a Kroger nearby they usually have at least a small section of gluten-free stuff.

richard