Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tessa

Lower Stomach Tight

I think I might have ate some gluten unknowingly a couple of days ago. I started feeling sick about 20 minutes later. I have felt sick continuously since (2 days). How long will it take to get all the gluten out of my system so I feel better?

I also get horrible mood swings when I eat something that bothers my stomach. Is there anything I can do to keep my mood up, even when I feel so angry?

Thanks

Tessa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Unfortunately there's really not much to do but weather the storm...It takes several days for me to recover too. I typically stick to bland foods and water or sprite to try to keep my stomach settled. I know some people take some vitamins or some sort of upset stomach pill. I've been known to live off of immodium for several days which I absolutely don't recommend because its terrible for your body, but sometimes life happens and you have to! I've also taken laxatives to try to rush the process along...also not recommended.

Rice always seems to make me feel better...it soaks up some of the stuff in my belly, I always eat that when I'm feeling sick.

I hope you start to feel better soon!