Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sb2178

Great Experience

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a lovely experience. Started a new job in an institution of higher ed (Harvard School of Public Health) and e-mailed the chef in the cafe that serves that area of the campus about lunches. She met me today to discuss what I need to avoid and worries about contamination since about everything is served on a salad bar or hot bars. If there's ever nothing that I want to eat, she'll even whip up something that I CAN eat. I just have to call her before I drop downstairs!

excellent resource, since there's not too much else around that seems like a good option, other than grocery store'ing it.

The chefs on my campus (University of Texas at Austin) are also more than happy to accommodate my dietary restriction. Most of them handed me their personal cellphone numbers, so I could call before I head down for my meal. I'm glad you have access to "safe" food while on campus, and I'm happy to hear that the people in your area are so understanding.

Also, congratulations on your new job. At Harvard! Wow!

That's great news. I'm back in college and these posts make me wonder if maybe there is something I can eat on those long days at campus. I'll have to check things out as it would be so nice to not have to cook on the days I have late classes. Congrats on the new job and I hope everything continues to go well.