Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roda

Kcrunchmaster Crackers

I got excited when I found Crunchmaster multi-seed crackers. I bought one bag, the rosemary plus olive oil. I have been following the fist phase of the South Beach Diet, so I have not been eating any grains. Tonight, although not supposed to till next week, I ate some of these crackers and boy did they not agree with me. :( I don't know what is in them to cause me to keep repeating them and have heartburn. I am currently eating lean meats, veggies, eggs and limited dairy and will start adding some grains and fruits back in next week. I tried some sesamak rice crackers at the beginning of the year that were marked gluten free, the packages now have a warning about wheat on them but mine didn't, and the same thing happened. I figured it was a cc thing, but now I'm not sure. I'm thinking it may be sesame? Both times that is all I tasted. All I know is that I have never eaten the Sesamark crackers again and I won't eat these again. Sucks to, because they were pretty good. Anyone else have a problem with them or a problem with sesame? However, I have eaten other things with sesame and seem fine. :huh:

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had noticed a while back that several brands of those type of crakers were marked clearly gluten-free but in small print elsewhere on the packages they said tested to be under 20ppm. That would be a problem for many.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I've had the roasted garlic Crunchmaster crackers several times and have had no problems. I tried the rosemary and olive oil ones last night and although they didn't bother me, I didn't care for them. I noticed one variety, the sea salt ones, list oat fiber in their ingredients. I passed on that one but it did say gluten-free.

I don't buy or eat crackers very often so I don't really know how much it takes for me to react but so far, I've been okay with these. I mainly keep them on hand for guests who expect crackers.

Beth in Florida

Gluten-free since 7/19/08

Alcohol free since 6/28/10

I'm finding now that I quit eating most prepackaged anything (including gluten free) that I am having trouble with more things when I do try them again. I really hope I'm not turning into a super sensitive celiac, but I do think I am on the right track though. Thanks everyone.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

You know, I was running super-sensitive for a bit and it seems to have settled down again. I was traveling recently and can't believe I completely avoided CC, but I had no trouble.