Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marilyn R

Thai Chicken Soup

By boyfriend has a cold and rememebered when we went to a Thai restaurant when I had a horrid cold and felt better after I ate their soup. Here's what I came up with for him, and we both loved it.

Thai Chicken Soup (with or without Shrimp)

Serves 4 as main dish or 8 as appetizer

6-8 cups chicken stock and/or vegetable stock

Chopped soaked (about 2 hours) dry s$#&ake mushrooms and the water they soaked in (I don

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That looks PHENOMENAL. Thanks! I'm bookmarking it.

I think it's the best soup I ever made, and I love soup! (I had three big bowls of it last night, and one today.) Dear Boyfriend said it made him feel 70 percent better.

Shitake mushrooms are reported to be good for autoimmune diseases, so I like to use them whenever I can figure out a way to use them, along with fresh herbs and onions. I can't do dairy or soy, so I think anything with chicken or beef stock is helpful because you get the calcium from the bones the stock was cooked with. Not sure if I'm correct in my assumptions, but feel good when I make stock from a chicken carcas with old veggies that would have been thrown out. I know there's no CC and I'm getting every penny's worth of the stuff I bought, so I can splurge on shrimp. I grow my own herbs (basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme) very easily on the front porch in a pot. I have to water them every day, but I just add water to whatever is left in my coffee pot and dump it in the herbs. Seems to keep the bugs away, and I never have to fertilize them.

Hope that helps,

m

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.