Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T.H.

Sandy Poop - How Long Until This Gets Better?

If you had a baby/toddler who had grainy/sandy poop as one of their symptoms of celiac disease, how long did it take on a gluten free diet for this to go away?

I have a friend whose toddler has developed sandy poop. No change in diet, the mom is with baby all day and knows he's not getting into anything, so she's been worrying. The baby has had other food issues already. Because of her friendship with me, she's aware that this can be a symptom of wheat issues. They haven't been able to find any other thing that could explain it, or make it better, so she's trying a gluten free diet for a couple weeks.

I was hoping someone here might have some advice, information I could pass on to her. :)

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are some recent posts on sandy poop.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.