This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Ore Ida Tator Tots

Guest Lucy

Guest Lucy

Does anyone know if the dextrose in these contains gluten? It says the only allergen is soy. BUT i don't want to make them unless I know for sure. The office is closed and I want to make them tonight. THANKS>

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

scaredparent Apprentice

My son eats them and has never had any problem. Sorry it is kinda late for dinner. lol

connole1056 Rookie

I know it is past dinnertime, but FYI Heinz does not list these as being gluten-free. There is a thread on Delphi forums I was just reading about this product, in case you want to read it. But if I were you I would not give them to a celiac. There are many Ore Ida products listed as gluten-free and this is not one of them.

cdford Contributor

FYI...Kroger's store brand is gluten-free and taste quite good.

Guest nini

I get the Cascadian Farms brand of tater tots and french fries in the Natural foods section at Kroger... they are organic and don't contain lots of additives and they are gluten free...

angel-jd1 Community Regular

If it isn't on the Heinz list then it's not safe. Heinz is a wonderful company and that is why they put out the list, so we know what is safe. The tater tots aren't.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

VydorScope Proficient

I thought my wife called them about these and they were okay... I need to sak her when I get home from work...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Here is the Heinz list that I have:

Dear Jessica, Thank you for your interest in Heinz Products. We certainly understand how difficult it can be to find foods that meet the requirements of a restricted diet. Following is the gluten-free listing for all of our products, as you requested. If the product you asked about is not on this list, then it is not considered gluten-free.

HEINZ PRODUCTS:

Ketchup One Carb Ketchup

No Sodium Added Ketchup

Hot & Spicy Kick'rs

EZ Marinader -- Teriyaki

Distilled White Vinegar

Red Wine Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar (not Heinz Apple Cider FLAVORED Vinegar)

AUNT MILLIE'S PASTA SAUCES

All Aunt Millie's Pasta Sauces

CLASSICO PASTA SAUCES:

All Classico Pasta Sauces

Classico Salad Dressings

(Creamy Caesar & Balsamic Vinaigrette

DELIMEX PRODUCTS: UPC CODE: PRODUCT NAME:

1769600012  Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600018  Tamales, 12 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600019  Tamales, 12 ct. Delimex Chicken & Cheese

1769600020  Taquitos, 24 ct. Smart & Final Beef

1769600024  Tamales, 6 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600028  Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600029  Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600048  Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600095  Taquitos, 12 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600096  Taquitos, 12 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600133  Taquitos, 22 ct. Schwan's Beef w/ Salsa

1769600155  Tamales, 15 ct. Costco Beef

1769600159  Tamales, 20 ct. Delimex Beef, Costco

1769600180  Taquitos, 60 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600186  Taquitos, 60 ct. Sam's Club Beef

1769600189  Taquitos, 60 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600206  Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Beef

1769600207  Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Chicken & Cheese

1769600214  Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex 3-Cheese

1769600222  Tamales, 6 ct. Schwan's Beef

1769600481  Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Beef (Mexico Import)

1769600500  Taquitos, Delimex Beef / Deli-Pak

1769600505  Taquitos, Mini, 40 ct. Beef, Snacker Tray w/ salsa

1769600554  Tamales, Cheese Deli Bulk Pack

1769600555  Tamales, Chicken Deli Bulk Pack

1769600556  Tamales, Beef Deli Bulk Pack

1769600565  Tamales, 20 ct.Beef, Sams Club

1769600684 Taquitos, 66 ct. Costco Beef

1769600685  Taquitos, 66 ct. Costco Chicken

1769601208  Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Cheese & Green Chiles

ORE-IDA PRODUCTS:

UPC CODE: PRODUCT NAME:

1312000080  Ore-Ida® Golden Patties® (9 ct.)

1312000198  Ore-Ida® Snackin' Fries ™ (10.5 oz.)

1312000258  Ore-Ida® Golden Fries® (32 oz.)

1312000278  Ore-Ida® Golden Fries® (5 lb.)

1312000286  Ore-Ida® Golden Crinkles® (32 oz.)

1312000291  Ore-Ida® Golden Crinkles® (5 lb.)

1312000296  Ore-Ida® Pixie Crinkles (26 oz.)

1312000377  Ore-Ida® Cottage Fries (32 oz.) 

1312000392  Ore-Ida® Southern Style Hash Browns (32 oz.)

1312000417  Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries (26 oz.)

1312000469  Ore-Ida® Potatoes O'Brien (28 oz.)

1312000647  Ore-Ida® French Fries (8 lb.)

1312000654  Ore-Ida® Country Style Hashbrowns (6 lb.)

1312000801  Ore-Ida® Shoestrings® (5 lb)

1312000809  Ore-Ida® Crunch Time Classics Straight Cut (24 oz.)

1312000810  Ore-Ida® Crunch Time Classics Crinkle Cut (24 oz.)

1312000828  Ore-Ida® Shoestrings® (28 oz.)

1312000829  Ore-Ida® Shoestrings® (40 oz.)

1312000833  Ore-Ida® Country Style Hashbrowns (30 oz.)

1312000845  Ore-Ida® Deep Fries Crinkle Cuts (24 oz.)

1312000854  Ore-Ida® Hash Browns (5 lb.)

1312000862  Ore-Ida® Country Style Hashbrowns (6 lb.)

1312001012  Ore-Ida® Potato Wedges with Skins (24 oz.)

1312001190  Ore-Ida® Steak Fries (3.75 lb.)

1312008564  Ore-Ida® Golden Crinkles® (8 lb.)

1312008565  Ore-Ida® Golden Fries® (8 lb.)

1312008572  Ore-Ida® Golden Crinkles® (8 lb.)

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us. If you need further information, feel free to call us at this toll-free number (1-800-255-5750). Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 6:00 PM, Eastern Time. Thanks again for contacting us.

We appreciate your interest. Heinz Consumer Resource Center 

plantime Contributor

WooHoo, Thank you for this list! I often buy Delimex taquitos for my family, now I know that I can have them, too!

Yep those taquitos from Delimex are wonderful to have in the freezer for nights when I don't feel like cooking!!! Enjoy.

connole1056 Rookie

I know this is not about the tater tots, but what is Delimex? A brand name?? I am asking because I cannot find this type of food in my area and know my daughter would like it.

cdford Contributor

In that Heinz product list, the first line for the ketchups looks odd. Is it the plain ketchup and the one carb or just the one carb?

I think that should be two different lines, like ketchup, one carb ketchup etc......

• 2 months later...
redheadheather Explorer

:( Does anyone know exactly what in the tater tots is not OK... I thought I was really careful reading ingredients at the store and (very happily) bought some for DS... now I see this thread and they may not be OK. I'm confused -

THanks!

elonwy Enthusiast

Yeah I have some in my freezer because I only saw soy as an allergen as well and figured they were ok. What gives?

Elonwy

VydorScope Proficient
I think that should be two different lines, like ketchup, one carb ketchup etc......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From the Heinz page...

Where can I find gluten-free products?

Heinz Ketchup does not contain any gluten (the distilled vinegar used is from corn sources). Also, Wine Vinegar, Distilled White Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar are gluten-free. Please note that Heinz Organic Ketchup and Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar are not gluten-free.

Heinz Hot & Spicy Ketchup Kick'rs is gluten-free as well. As for our other Heinz products, we are not able to guarantee that all ingredients would be gluten-free, since the source of an ingredient may change from time to time. We understand how difficult it can be finding foods that meet the requirements of a restricted diet, and we continue to look for ways to meet the dietary needs of our consumers.

Maybe that helps :)

redheadheather Explorer

:::bump:::

Anyone? I tried emailing the company, but for some reason I can't get the email to go through. Guess I'll see what happened when he ate them today (they got sent w/DS's lunch today along w/the homemade chicken nuggets I made).

nettiebeads Apprentice
I know this is not about the tater tots, but what is Delimex? A brand name?? I am asking because I cannot find this type of food in my area and know my daughter would like it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would get my Delmex at Wal Mart in their freezer section. I used to love them but now my gall bladder isn't too fond of them. But they are good! And I have never had a problem with Ore-Ida tater tots. So long as you don't buy anything seasoned (like a lot of the ranch and steak fries) you shouldn't have a problem. But my husband (bless his soul) makes me seasoned fries that are perfect! email me if you want to know how.

swittenauer Enthusiast

Strange that someone would mention Delimex while I am sitting here eating Delimex taquitos. They are awesome. I eat them all the time & normally take them for my lunch. My husband is the one with Celiac & has yet to try them because I keep eating them all. Ha! You should try them.

grantschoep Contributor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Delimex is brand under Heinz. Here in CO, the Safeway carries them. I also know they are at Sam's Club and Costco here. There in the frozen foods section. Can't remeber exactly where.

rweintritt Newbie

I've seen some Delimex taquitos that list wheat as an actual ingredient, not even hidden, others seem to be fine. Any explaination? Anyone else noticed this?

nettiebeads Apprentice
I've seen some Delimex taquitos that list wheat as an actual ingredient, not even hidden, others seem to be fine. Any explaination? Anyone else noticed this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that too. I would stick to the beef. The ones that were bad used wheat as a stabalizer for the flavorings. The ones without wheat are safe, and pretty darn good with salsa and sour cream.

grantschoep Contributor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definatly make sure you get the ones off the list. Delime makes them out of wheat tortillas and corn tortillas. So you need to make sure you get the corn ones.

Guest Lucy

WE HAVE BEEN EATING THE TATOR TOTS, WITH NO PROBLEMS.

jams Explorer

Is it Dextrose or Dextrin that we need to watch for? I thought anything that rhymed with gross was sugar. Maybe I am confused????

Archived