Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mama Melissa

Almost 6 Weeks Gluten Free But Still Nauseous On And Off

think of the nausea brought on by a smell....it obviously doesnt originate in the gut, but in the brain....potentially the feelings of nausea could be delayed by the fact that the food is not causing a gut level issue, but in the brain after being absorbed from the (damaged) gut....something like a "red wine" headache.

It was 6 months before I had ONE symptom free day. It takes time for your body to heal. The best thing you can do is eat clean and give your body the fuel it needs to heal the mess in your intestines.

Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.

Ready to get well and get on with my life!

thanx sand and surf i actually had quite a few symptom free days i just find if i slip up even a little bit and my moms makes me dinner (totally gluten free) or i eat something different even if naurally gluten free i get slight nausea sometimes worse worse: it seems to be getting better as i go along i just hope i wont be getting this forever its soo overwhelming taking care of 2 kids and a family when you feel like poop:(

Melissa

9/10 Diagnosed celiac via bloodwork/endo

9/10 Gluten free

thanx sand and surf i actually had quite a few symptom free days i just find if i slip up even a little bit and my moms makes me dinner (totally gluten free) or i eat something different even if naurally gluten free i get slight nausea sometimes worse worse: it seems to be getting better as i go along i just hope i wont be getting this forever its soo overwhelming taking care of 2 kids and a family when you feel like poop:(

It will get better!!! So much better. I have small kids too and the first few months were HARD. But now I feel great unless I get glutened by accident.

Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.

Ready to get well and get on with my life!