Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mama Melissa

Celiac Disease & Lactose Intolerance

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Did anyone on here become lactose intolerant when first being diagnosed celiac??If so, did it go away with time??? What were your symptoms???

I did. I had gas pain and bloating and sometimes D. I now use Lactaid milk and Lactaid caplets and am fine. Try those. If if is LI, it will help!

hey did you ever get nausea from it???? thats my main symptoms the stomach problems resolved on diet but if i have something with milk in it forget about it im nautious for hourss:(How long have you been pn the diet?? i use lactaid milk to but will i ever be able to have cheese and other dairy?

Melissa

9/10 Diagnosed celiac via bloodwork/endo

9/10 Gluten free

hey did you ever get nausea from it???? thats my main symptoms the stomach problems resolved on diet but if i have something with milk in it forget about it im nautious for hourss:(How long have you been pn the diet?? i use lactaid milk to but will i ever be able to have cheese and other dairy?

I have been on the diet for a little over a year. I use lactaid caplets when eating cheese. I just had a ham and cheese melt of corn tortillas for lunch. If I wouldnt have taken the tablet, I would feel gassy and bloated. Milk has never made me nauseous. Try the Lactaid caplets with a little cheese and see if it helps. All you can do is try it out and see if it works for you.

I knew maybe for 5 years that I was milk intolerant. After i drank a cup of milk, I imediately, or after 15-20 minutes ran to the bethroom(regular, or D). I also had huge pimples like teenagers a day after and bloathing-gas. Just from May 2010 I know that I might have celiac disease.

At the beginning doctors didn't believe that I was sick and I went to my allergologist. She tested me for milk and wheat. I'm possitive for milk allergy. I can't have any milk, cheese, yogurt... I need to watch milk protein - casein everywhere.

And Gluten free things too.

I remember that I bought 2-3 times Lactaid milk, but I always drank only a cup or two. I also had nausea. I never finished the milk. It always ended up in the sink.

I'm fairly newly self- dx'd w/ both gluten (if not celiac)& dairy intolerances. A few hours after eating dairy, I get gas, burping, intestinal irritation. i really need to tyr Lactaid, but living on a tight income, that's yet another thing I can't afford :(. I am hoping that, since the dairy intolerance is something that come up in the last year or two, that it will go away after a while.

Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!

My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.