ProudMommyDebbie

First Holiday Season Being gluten-free

Rate this topic

My three children have been gluten free for a few months now.

This will be our first Holiday Season being Gluten Free.

How did you all deal with this the first go round?

I've posted before that I am a spousal caregiver and I make our only income in the house, it will just be myself, my three kids, and my husband, so i will have to make everything ( potatoes, stuffing, gravy, any dessert) from scratch, but not a lot of resources to buy a thanksgiving meal.

I don't want it to just be a regular day with a regular meal, but it is looking as if it will turn out to be just that.

The key is creativity at holiday meals . . . it doesn't necessarily have to be more costly. If you google "gluten free thanksgiving" you'll find tons recipes for the holidays. I personally like the following link:

http://www.ivillage.com/gluten-free-thanksgiving-recipes/3-b-297755

There are 11 recipes for gluten-free side dishes including traditional favorites like stuffing, green bean casserole. Now that bisquick makes a gluten free mix, a homeade pie crust is easy and pumpkin and sugar is naturally gluten-free:) Homemade whipping cream would also be gluten free!

I hope you have a wonderfully memorable Holiday Season!

-Marcie :D

My three children have been gluten free for a few months now.

This will be our first Holiday Season being Gluten Free.

How did you all deal with this the first go round?

I've posted before that I am a spousal caregiver and I make our only income in the house, it will just be myself, my three kids, and my husband, so i will have to make everything ( potatoes, stuffing, gravy, any dessert) from scratch, but not a lot of resources to buy a thanksgiving meal.

I don't want it to just be a regular day with a regular meal, but it is looking as if it will turn out to be just that.

Hey!

It does not need to be just an ordinary day and regular meal! After all, you don't have pumpkin pie on a regular day! It's the same as any other Thanksgiving minus the gluten. I guess I don't really understand your question. Are you looking for ways to make a Thanksgiving meal on a budget?