jackay

Question For Those Who Used Oral Nystatin

Rate this topic

It does not say anything on the prescription information sheet that I got from the pharmacy that I should be on a restricted candida diet. My son took Nystatin several times when he was young and never went on a candida diet and he definitely got better.

Has anyone had luck with this medication without following the candida diet?

I have gotten so hungry that I want to eat everything in sight. I have added starchy vegetables back to my diet just to help fill me up. I so want to grab some chocolate or eat a bunch of fruit but I've controlled myself so far.

It does not say anything on the prescription information sheet that I got from the pharmacy that I should be on a restricted candida diet. My son took Nystatin several times when he was young and never went on a candida diet and he definitely got better.

Has anyone had luck with this medication without following the candida diet?

I have gotten so hungry that I want to eat everything in sight. I have added starchy vegetables back to my diet just to help fill me up. I so want to grab some chocolate or eat a bunch of fruit but I've controlled myself so far.

I took oral Nystatin for 2 months (3x daily) after I was diagnosed with candida by DNA Microbial (Metametrix Lab) stool test. I did NOT follow a restricted candida diet. However, I did abstain from my diagnosed allergens (gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg). Nevertheless, I could eat any other kind of sweetner (agave, beet sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc.) without problems. My next 5 stool tests over the next 3 years were free of candida. So I know that oral Nystatin and no 'candida' diet eliminated my candida.

However, I do need to add that initially (about 3 days) I experienced Nystatin side effects (nausea and bloating) until my body adjusted to the Nystatin. I do NOT think those were 'die off' symptoms, because I only experienced that for the first 3 days of Nystatin. Then I felt nothing for the next 2 months while I took Nystatin.