Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roda

Easy Bake Oven

My 5 year old loves to bake with me but cant handle the big pans. I was thinking about getting him an easy bake oven for Christmas. Has anyone used it with gluten free mixes and if so how were your results?

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My kids used to mix the cake, or whatever, up and I did the oven until their arms were long enough ( about 10).

He helps me alot in the kitchen now. He pours and mixes. I just thought it would be a fun toy for him and he could do everything by himself.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

I found this site. Pretty cool. I figure I can always make my own mixes too.

http://www.gfessentials.com/product.asp?catID=7

Me:

DS2(age 9):

DS1(age 13):

My 7 year old daughter loves baking gluten-free with her easy bake oven. I will typically just make a normal batch of gluten-free cookies, and then give her a little dough to put in her oven. She thinks its great.