This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Betty Crocker In Canada?

RideAllWays

RideAllWays Enthusiast

Has anybody found the gluten-free Betty Crocker mixes in Canada? Where? Also to those anywhere who buy them, are they more expensive than the regular products? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Michelle1234 Contributor

I'm sorry I can't help with your question but I just bought the Betty Crocker mixes tonight and made the banana bread with the yellow cake mix

Open Original Shared Link

and the grass hopper bars with the devils food cake mix

Open Original Shared Link

which I modified a bit more toward the cake recipe on the box.

Wow! They were so easy to make and very tasty. In addition I can't believe how professional they look. My baked goods never ever turned out looking so good.

I hope you get the mixes in your area soon. I had never made Betty Crocker anything even before going gluten free but after trying the other stuff available to gluten free people over the last few years its nice to have Betty Crocker available. I'll be buying her gluten free stuff all the time now.

Michelle

Yup Apprentice

Has anybody found the gluten-free Betty Crocker mixes in Canada? Where? Also to those anywhere who buy them, are they more expensive than the regular products? Thanks!

We have tried the brownies, the chocolate cake and the Bisquick, however, we had to pack our suitcases up with the product. It is made in Canada, but not sold here. I've written to Betty and begged. Your turn! :D

New to This Newbie

Hi Rideallways,

I am not sure where you are, I am in the Toronto area. I go to Buffalo and stock up on gluten free things such as the Betty Crocker cake mixes. I have also found the gluten-free Bisquick mix and I buy Chex Cereal all the time. The cereal is much cheaper then buying cereal here. I have not had to pay duty or taxes on groceries, however there are some limits and I suggest that you look at the govt guidelines for this.

Betty Crocker are expensive but save your receipts for the tax credit. I buy 5 or 6 at a time so that I have them on hand and my guests can't tell that there is anything different about the cake.

I hope it works out.

Lisa

twe0708 Community Regular

You should have someone from the U.S. Ship a few boxers.

RideAllWays Enthusiast

I wrote a letter and signed an online petition, and my family lives close to the border (I live 4 hours away) so it is attainable, and I'm sure there's a place to order it online..but I would like the convenience of being able to pick it up at the store, as I'm sure many others would like. Not to mention the expense of shipping/handling can be high, and the cost of gas to drive half an hour (from parent's house) to Fred Meyers or wherever (plus border wait times..) isn't really ideal!

Archived