Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scuzy

Does Smoking Herbal Incense Relieve Symptoms?

I know weed will suppress the symptoms from eating gluten (and yes I know or am sure your body would still attack itself), but one time every year or so won't kill me. And will the herbal incense do the same? I am only asking because I really WANT some pizza, real pizza and I don't want to do anything illegal to have some. :) Has anyone tried any of the herbal incense? Wicked X? K2? Mr. Nice Guy? Or any others? And were you able to "cheat" without any symptoms?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Read some of the recent news reports about K2. That stuff is full of man-made chemicals that could kill you.

I don't know where you live, but there are lots of places with really good gluten-free pizzas. I get the same toppings I would get on a thin crispy crust. My glutin eaters think it's good, too.

Unless the placebo effect helps you, the incense wouldn't make a difference. If you have an oven, you can make real pizza; the Red Mill and other gluten-free pizza mixes aren't that different than wheat pizza crust (I've been gluten-free for a year, so I remember). If you are in a city, there may be a place that makes gluten-free pizza (variable quality). The Halloween party at work had Pizza Hut pizza, which I can't eat, so I made a pizza that I and a couple of coworkers could eat. ;)

Please do not smoke herbal incense. It is one thing to breathe incense floating in the air it is another entirely to deliberately draw the smoke into your lungs. As for stuff like K2 etc that would likely make the effects seem worse and since gluten can impact brain chemistry and can cause changes in mood mixing in another substance that also impacts the brain could make for some really nasty effects until everything wears off.

As mentioned there are acceptable gluten-free pizza crusts. I use Kinnickkinnick. They come 4 to a package and I loaded one up last night with Hormel pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers and cheese. As others mentioned there are restaurants that also do gluten-free pizza. Call around your area and see if there might be one near you if you don't want to throw one together yourself.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

K2 and those other compounds are synthetic cannabinoids so they may possibly have an affect on suppression of the immune response however they are known to act in markedly different ways to marijuana at least as far as their neurological effects go. In addition to the known differences in effects (binding to slightly different receptors) they are also NO WHERE NEAR as safe for you as marijuana. Yes that stuff that teenagers buy "legally" will cause damage to you but the stuff that can get you locked up won't, that's an argument for a different type of forum though :P .

Receiving a qualified diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome is as useful as a Psychiatrist giving you a diagnosis of "Doesn't Think Right".