Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rowena

I Want To Quit My Job!

So basically I have been working my job for over a year now. And I am the only one in my position who knows every in and out of my job. People still ask me (including my now moving on to bigger and better things supervisor) how to do crap. A lot of the secretaries and such trust only me to do their work. But anyway, my supervisor is now moving on to become a paralegal at the firm at where I work. So logically, I would be the next in line to be supervisor... But no... The newest person to the copyroom got the stupid position. How the hell is that fair? That is like the fifth time my work blew me off.

1. Started working more hours for less pay than everyone else in my position

2. Got approved for a raise in April, didn't get it till March

3. Was next in line to be supervisor when an old supervisor left for law school, but they hired someone else.

4. Am working 30 hours with no benefits (even though benefits apply to people working 30 hours)

5. This whole shenanigans...

I am FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you talked to them about this? What do they say? Is it a large enough place to have HR?

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I've talked to them about the first four, and my dad who is an attorney with the firm and thus in a position of power has complained. But they don't do anything. I didn't even bother to ask about the last one, I gave up. No one listens anymore. (And yes we have HR but they don't do anything... THat's who we've gone and complained to. And the lady in HR is one of my bosses anyway so whatever.)

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

I would start looking for a different job where your talents and work ethic will be appretiated.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)