This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Had Bad Reaction To Gluten Free Sausage

junevarn

junevarn Rookie

Hi all,

I had a bad reaction this morning to some shelton turkey no gluten sausage. It was a milder reaction than I used to get. I pooped everything out,(sorry to be gross but I must have gone 7-8 times.) I was slightly nausested. The weirdest symptoms were neurological, I had weird thoughts and my legs felt shakey. :(

My blood tests showed three times the normal level of mold antibodies so my doc gave me a list of foods not to eat and I forgot that sausage was on it! :rolleyes: He said that mold toxins cause neurological symtoms so thats why I used to get my whole body shaking and extreme anxiety like I did.

I had to take 1/2 ativan and 1/4 phenergan to feel better. I don't want to be too sleepy since we are meeting some friends for lunch later. I guess its just human to make a mistake like that,huh?

We are going to Maggianos which is very celiac friendly.

Just needed some support. Its hard to follow a gluten, casein free diet as well as a mold free diet too!

Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,

June

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

I can imagine. Sorry you are feeling badly. Hope you feel better soon.

steve-o Apprentice

Hope you're feeling better by now...it's bad enough having just one food sensitivity.

I've never heard that mold can cause anxiety, or that there was a blood test that can measure mold antibodies. This really peaked my interest, because I have a mold allergy, and I have problems with anxiety too...but I never knew there was a connection.

Would you mind providing a little more info on this, and/or do you know of any good websites where one might read up on mold sensitivity, blood tests, etc?

Thanks!

junevarn Rookie

Hi Steve-O,

My doctor at Health NOw clinic took some blood and sent it to BioHealth Diagnostics . Immunosciences Lab.8393 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211 310-6571077. I have a huge number of antibodies to mold and am trying to figure out where I have been exposed to it. I think that is my main problem. (Besides the gluten of course. I just sent three more mold samples of to the lab.

Just got home from Maggianos. Had roast chicken, potatoes and asparagus. Was kind of hard to see my friends eating pasta and cake! :unsure: My husband took me to Peets coffee(my favorite) and got me a large soy latte after dinner. I had 1/2 a gluten free brownie when I got home. Unfortunately I still have a stomach ache from this morning.

Its back to a stricter diet tommorow, no sweets at all. :P

Talk to you soon,

June :D

junevarn Rookie

Steve-O,

Just so you know, some molds can be extremely toxic and have been shown to cause death in infants. They definitely have neurotoxic effects. I'll try to find a web site for you.

Thanks all for your support!

June

steve-o Apprentice

June,

Thanks for the info. I'll be seeing an allergist next week, so I'll be sure to ask him about mold testing.

Thanks again,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
BellaSara Newbie

Maggianos is gluten free friendly? That used to be one of my favorite places, I love Italian food and well they make the best. What gluten-free choices do they have? Is it the Chicago one? And what's all this about gluten-free sausage? I've still been eating sausage since going gluten-free and don't think I've had problems.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

skbird Contributor

I heard Maggianos now is offering rice pasta. You might want to ask about that next time you are there. The closest one to me is 4 hours so I probably won't be going anytime soon.

Anyway, something to ask about.

Stephanie

jenvan Collaborator

Read this post to see the good news on Maggiano's. As far as I know the pasta is corn based. (Which I myself can't tolerate...)

Mold allergies stink. I have one, but haven't ever noticed it to food. Hmmm.

Just started dairy-free too. It is hard. I have gone to a milion places looking for this gluten-free, cf vegan cheese. Who knows what it will taste like once I get a hold of some!! Good luck to you June, hope Maggiano's is good to you!

Archived