3 3
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Pan seared salmon with creamy citrus dill sauce, garden salad with raspberry cabernet dressing and bacon tomato bisque. It's soup season again!

Since discovering that squash is in fact awesome I am seeing which ones I like best before stocking up for the winter. Tonight is oven roasted delicata with lemon and herb pork tenderloin and I'll either have some mashed taters and gravy or some jasmine rice with it. Since my husband won't go near either of those I think I may force feed him some sweet potato fries or something else moderately healthy that acts like a vegetable.

Steamed carrots with lettuce. I should've eat (eaten?) some chicken breast along with it, but my tummy does not agree with the idea... Bleargh, healing is hard.

Browned onions, ground beef, quinoa, broccoli, all in one pan- pan fry in that order, adding water with the quinoa.

Grandma Brown Baked Beans topped with bacon and Oscar Mayer hot dogs.

I am able to tolerate legumes occasionally now:)

Tonight I'm going with cubed steak and vegetable casserole - comfort food night. This weekend I'm going to attempt to make a broccoli cheese soup - I used to make it with Velveeta, but my system doesn't like it anymore (I swear it just sees the words Processed Cheese Product and revolts). I have a great recipe for Cream of Asparagus soup so I think I'll just tweak that a bit.

Fish. Finally can eat again without cramping due to gas, so meat it is!

Okay, so this won't sound like it all goes together but it's all stuff that sounded good at the time. Mashed squash because apparently my husband just doesn't like it and I just can't get enough. Salads because we need to be eating salads. And pizza burgers. I was going to have a regular old cheeseburger until I was looking in my fridge and saw my fresh mozzarella, leftover pizza sauce and a few slices of pepperoni laying around.

. Mashed squash because apparently my husband just doesn't like it and I just can't get enough. Salads because we need to be eating salads.

I saw a recipe in a waiting room mag (no, I didn't tear it out) that called for cream and maple syrup and roasted salted pecans to go with the acorn squash. Thought I might try the combo in whatever proportions tasted good. :D

I saw a recipe in a waiting room mag (no, I didn't tear it out) that called for cream and maple syrup and roasted salted pecans to go with the acorn squash. Thought I might try the combo in whatever proportions tasted good. :D

That sounds super tasty! I'll have to remember that for next time, sans nuts.

Well, dinner failed.... majorly. My own fault really. No, I ain't going into the details, but least to say 4 chicken pieces were ruined and i feel bad about it. -sigh-

At any rate, I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.

:D wow, I saw that recipe too, shroom--in the doc's waiting room. Ladies Home Journal, maybe? I dunno.... anyhoo...Maple cream and acorn squash and thought, well, that could be yummy.

So....how was it?

Just off to make pork and leek casserole maybe with parsnips. Tempted to sneak in Brussel sprouts and swede (do you call it that?) But know I wouldn't get away with it.

Just off to make pork and leek casserole maybe with parsnips. Tempted to sneak in Brussel sprouts and swede (do you call it that?) But know I wouldn't get away with it.

Nah, Mindwarp, it's rutabaga :lol: Now don't ask me why?? Your casserole sounds good (but I think the sprouts would "overpower" it a bit??? Definitely would not get away with it. :o:D

:D wow, I saw that recipe too, shroom--in the doc's waiting room. Ladies Home Journal, maybe? I dunno.... anyhoo...Maple cream and acorn squash and thought, well, that could be yummy.

So....how was it?

Do we go to the same doc??? Anywho, haven't tried it yet, it's still in the back of me mind how I'm gonna do it. :D

Do we go to the same doc??? Anywho, haven't tried it yet, it's still in the back of me mind how I'm gonna do it. :D

well, I do have to travel an hour to see him, but not as far as NV. thank heavens. (you're still there, right? not NZ)

Okay, if I get to it first, I'll let you know--and vice versa, deal? ;)

mushroom

Especially not with a husband who hates sprouts.

Mw x

Got one here ,too, MW.

I sneak them in by braising them with bacon, shallots and some sherry, broth and herbs and chestnuts when we can get them.

I do not get it; he likes cabbage enough.

I love them! I love swede, too.

In fact, I never met a cruciferous or root veggie I did not like. :)

I'm making:

Quinoa stuffed peppers tonight.

(this should get the "curled lip look" later, but he's such a good sport, he'll eat it anyway. )

Okay, if I get to it first, I'll let you know--and vice versa, deal? ;)

Deal!!

Mindwarp, do you sautee the halved sprouts with bacon and onions? Yummy.