This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

GREAT PIC, SKI!!! :)

I just tear up every time I see you back on skis. Inspirational!! .

Still bloody cold here, so it's a beef stew kind of day.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

jerseyangel Proficient

Beautiful pic, Lisa!

I am about over this cold snap..... going to a birthday party tonight so we will probably eat a late lunch and leave it at that.

Adalaide Mentor

That pic makes my teeth chatter! You guys all look so happy though, yay!!! :D

Apparently the hubs was so thrilled with the fried chicken that he declared we were having it again. :blink: I'm gonna be so fat I won't be able to wear my yoga pants and I'll have to drag my fat arse onto my elliptical nekkid. :ph34r:

IrishHeart Veteran

....... and I'll have to drag my fat arse onto my elliptical nekkid. :ph34r:

now, THAT would be a pic to post :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Broccoli rabe most likely, if it is mostly stems.

Making some Portuguese Pulled Pork, creamy coleslaw and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Will have leftover chocolate pots de creme with toasted hazelnuts and cacao nibs.

love2travel Mentor

Broccoli rabe most likely, if it is mostly stems.

It has warmed up to -15 (minus 15) so my walk was unusually lovely. So much nicer than -32 and colder....brrrrrr....

Making some Portuguese Pulled Pork, creamy coleslaw and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Will have leftover chocolate pots de creme with toasted hazelnuts and cacao nibs.

Weird. I did not intend for this to appear in the square! <_<

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Chicken stir here, nice bit of bok choy plus the usual suspects.

We are mostly doing wet and windy here, nearly got blown away by the beach yesterday. I think I love the windswept beach as much as the sunny one ( just in shorter doses).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

Weird. I did not intend for this to appear in the square! <_<

Ever noticed, sometimes you can do things without trying that you can never do no matter how hard you try? :wacko:

love2travel Mentor

Ever noticed, sometimes you can do things without trying that you can never do no matter how hard you try? :wacko:

Exactly! :huh:

notme Experienced

tonight is:

stuffed flounder w/mustard-cream sauce

(some sort of starch)

steamed broccoli (under protest)

blah. i am sick of winter....... husband is boycotting my boycott of vegetables.

mushroom Proficient

blah. i am sick of winter....... husband is boycotting my boycott of vegetables.

My cure for the winter vegetable blahs is always a roast up of root vegetbles - sweet potatoes, potatoes, parsnips, onions, shallots, and a zucchini if you can find it and some tomatoes tossed in at the end.

Adalaide Mentor

My cure for the winter vegetable blahs is always a roast up of root vegetbles - sweet potatoes, potatoes, parsnips, onions, shallots, and a zucchini if you can find it and some tomatoes tossed in at the end.

I love things like this. I also have a nice stash of squash I haven't quite used up yet. Vegetables that don't feel all in your face but are more comfort food and wintery and palatable when all you want is meat meat and more meat.

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight I'm just making a quick beef and broccoli since we had lunch at about 3.

Speaking of lunch, just have to say that I have the best mom. We went over to visit and weren't going to stay long, but mom decided to make my daughter a loaf of bread so she can try grilled cheese. So we were spending a little more time with them and then my gram wants sandwiches so my mom goes out to the store and buys my girls Schar white bread and Schar chocolate dipped cookies and made them ham, turkey, salami and provolone sandwiches with pickles and dill pickle chips for lunch.

IrishHeart Veteran

yes, it's one of those Murphy's law-type thingers.. :D

Ditto! I loves me some root veggies (with a little wine and brussel sprouts thrown in but please hold the tomatoes for me)

so my mom goes out to the store and buys my girls Schar white bread and Schar chocolate dipped cookies and made them ham, turkey, salami and provolone sandwiches with pickles and dill pickle chips for lunch.

What a sweet Mom/Gramma! :wub: Those Schar choc- dipped cookies are pretty tasty. I had them once and thought, okay, maybe it is best if they are not around all the time as I do not need to be waddling..

GottaSki Mentor

Steak with Quick Onion Confit

Broccoli

with Mac & Cheese for the guys -- loving using sharp cheddar cheese spread for quick mac and cheese -- they are loving it more ;)

Walked 6 miles in the rain this morning with my dog -- she hates rain and water but was a trooper -- mile 4 she said she was done -- a little pep talk and she sprung back to it -- gotta love their spirit.

Then movie theater hopping date with my 17 year old -- Les Mis plus Silver Linings -- and I still am not tired. Is this how non celiacs feel their whole life?

GF Lover Rising Star

Going to experiment with these spring roll wrap things. I'm kinda scared of them, they are so thin :blink: . But I'm up to the challenge.

Colleen

kareng Grand Master

Last night - grilled steaks ( marinated a bit in Teryaki) and some red potatoes with olive oil in foil packets. Green beans. Got some odd red potatoes. The select the ones you want we're picked over so I grabbed a bigger bag. They cooked up really soft and were yellow colored on the inside. M said they are like buttery potatoes. Today I looked at the bag and they are called Butter red potatoes and meant for mashing. We liked them.

Tonight we are having lasagna. I might add a layer of spinach so we don't have to have salad, too?

I like to put what I am fixing on here because I think this talk of conflicts and pots de creme might scare regular folks away! :)

kareng Grand Master

Going to experiment with these spring roll wrap things. I'm kinda scared of them, they are so thin :blink: . But I'm up to the challenge.

Colleen

Even if they fall apart, the fillings will still be tasty.

GottaSki Mentor

Dinner for lunch today as we have a concert to attend this evening

Meatloaf

Mashed Potatoes

Peas

Ground Beef, Onions and Broccoli quick fry for me

shadowicewolf Proficient

Last night - grilled steaks ( marinated a bit in Teryaki) and some red potatoes with olive oil in foil packets. Green beans. Got some odd red potatoes. The select the ones you want we're picked over so I grabbed a bigger bag. They cooked up really soft and were yellow colored on the inside. M said they are like buttery potatoes. Today I looked at the bag and they are called Butter red potatoes and meant for mashing. We liked them.

Tonight we are having lasagna. I might add a layer of spinach so we don't have to have salad, too?

I like to put what I am fixing on here because I think this talk of conflicts and pots de creme might scare regular folks away! :)

If its a tomato based sauce, blend it up into really small pieces and stir it in. You can pass it off as parsley if asked :P I believe you can also do this with broccoli too.

Mac and cheese i think. I forgot to lay something out and yeah... ^_^

IrishHeart Veteran

Yo Ski!

While watching the Travel Channel today, I saw a place called Hash House A Go Go in SD.

He's big on bacon and even serves a BLT Mary (a bloody Mary BLT) That would be fun, except his place looks like gluten hell--all those waffles

and such.

Dinner tonight:

Pork tenderloin with onions

Applesauce

Roasted root veggies

Also:

I made some of Bette Hagman's English Muffins for the hubs yesterday. Toasted them up with his eggs today--and he was just so happy!

:)

GottaSki Mentor

Yo Ski!

While watching the Travel Channel today, I saw a place called Hash House A Go Go in SD.

He's big on bacon and even serves a BLT Mary (a bloody Mary BLT) That would be fun, except his place looks like gluten hell--all those waffles

and such.

Seen it...haven't been there -- the Bacon Bloody caught our eye as well -- once I get bacon tomato and vodka back we'll go give it a shot :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Seen it...haven't been there -- the Bacon Bloody caught our eye as well -- once I get bacon tomato and vodka back we'll go give it a shot :D

Be sure to tell him "hold the bread" on yours ( apparently, he serves it with bread and thick tomato slices) One lady was making YUM YUM sounds

on camera, so it must be good.

GF Lover Rising Star

My new favorite food accessory, spring roll wraps!!!!!

I made fruit ones, mashed taters and vegetables, fried them in butter. Oh, and cinnamon and sugar ones.

Thanks you guys for all the advice for making these.

Colleen

GottaSki Mentor

My new favorite food accessory, spring roll wraps!!!!!

I made fruit ones, mashed taters and vegetables, fried them in butter. Oh, and cinnamon and sugar ones.

Thanks you guys for all the advice for making these.

Colleen

Cinnamon - Sugar --- Oh My....

Men will be very happy with Mom -- Thanks Colleen!!!!