• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• Scott Adams

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   04/24/2018

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What is Celiac Disease and the Gluten-Free Diet? What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
3 3
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Everyone Welcome - for the next round of Tiramisu - recipe and taste right - says the expert at the table this eve - lol - I was actually a bit more worried about how long to soak the lady fingers - directions were unclear just said make sure the center wasn't still crunchy - soooo next time I know - double dunk in coffee should be perfect.

What I served was more like a Tirami-pudding ;)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

One last check in before we go, just  to say:

and yaay for being a veteran and packing up a portable kitchen. This year was so simple compared to last year.

The traveling celiac? No problem!! LOL

! xxoo 

I have a plastic box that we just leave all the possible items I would want to travel with. I just have a big strong man get it down, and I can choose what I need. The Same big strong young man who bought me a grill spatula with a wooden handle and painted it red. I also have a plastic container with stuff for packing a lunch and extras. When you find a product you like, you got to buy extras. It has my freeze able lunch bags, salad containers, etc. I just traded the van in so I have to pack lighter!

Everyone Welcome - for the next round of Tiramisu - recipe and taste right - says the expert at the table this eve - lol - I was actually a bit more worried about how long to soak the lady fingers - directions were unclear just said make sure the center wasn't still crunchy - soooo next time I know - double dunk in coffee should be perfect.

What I served was more like a Tirami-pudding ;)

I have found many people willing to try my experimental desserts. To quote my parents " we'll try any dessert experiments!"

• Upvote 1

We had to trade our van last year too, so I was double proud I did it ok on my first trip where I couldn't just throw everything in!! I don't miss the repair bill, but it was kinda cool just throwing the stroller in the back without even folding :-):-)

Still contemplating dinner, but survived rice pasta yesterday fine. Lost 20lbs since 2 Jan and feeling good. 55 or so to go...

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

• Upvote 1

We're having pizza for our anniversary tonight. Nothing fancy or anything, we're just too much in love with pizza. :D He'll order out and I'll make my own. Well, sort of. I still have 2 Venice crusts in the freezer. Five years and I'm still madly in love and he's still hilarious. Don't tell him though, I keep the eyerolls coming to keep him on his toes with the jokes.

Happy 5th Anniversary to you both!

Enjoy your pizza night   : )

Addy, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, sweets! xx

K, my portable kitchen was devised by reading your suggestions last year and adding the Koolatron.

Plus, I also found a cool collapsible colander. Less awkward to transport.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00886546000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kispla=00886546000P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-121676474-2

So cool what they make now. 

Mindwarp! 20 lbs.--that's awesome, buddy. I'm over-the-moon for you. xx

Okay guys, we drove for 8 hours and we're in VA now. There is a Bonefish Grill across the street and this place GETS IT.

We were going to just heat up the stuffed peppers we brought, but it  seemed wrong not to take advantage of this safe gluten-free dining opportunity. 

I had:

Chilean sea bass with mango salsa

herbed rice

roasted asparagus

and then, I had the nerve to have some

creme brulee.

:)

I'll probably sleep like a log.  

Ski, all's well so far. Just a tad "ouchy" from the long car ride, but they have a hot tub in the hotel and I'm going to get in it right now. ;)

IH, that sounds sooooo good :)

Turkey breast steak wrapped in prosciutto, with an egg, carrots and broccoli. Looking forward to the weekend, have a good one everyone

I wouldn't have resisted creme brulee myself. It is a vacation after all.

Today was supposed to be my last day babysitting, as the little guy was starting at a daycare to get some social skills. He spent the day home instead. I have burnt myself out getting his stuff all packed up for his mom to pick up so instead of pizza leftover for lunch tomorrow, we're just having them tonight. If I get super ambitious, I'll reheat them in the oven instead of the microwave.

This is my last sleeping in weekend. Starting next Saturday I'm starting this food co-op thing that requires me to pick up my fruit/veggies at seven-o-freaking-clock in the morning. On a Saturday. It is practically criminal! And if I want to be a semi-decent human being and volunteer.... I have to show up an entire hour earlier. Who thinks up these times?!?! I just keep telling myself I'll save buttloads of money and I have nothing better to do. (except sleep)

So yes, bring on the weekend!

Zipity Do Da!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I consumed my first legume in 18 months - thus far (3 hours post consumption and I am fine) -- Shroomie you got your ears on?

I soaked and rinsed red lentils within an inch of their life for 48 hours -- added bone broth, garlic, ginger and onion for 45 mins -- then added good helping of salt, pepper and cilantro.

Dinner included some other stuff -- oh ya steak and asparagus....but, but, but I ate a lentil.....can you feel the happy dance - and this is with only one glass of Zin --- going to pour another and keep dancing :)

I had bean with bacon soup.  Made a big pot of it on Monday but starting to get a tad sick of it by now.  Still have another serving.  Too bad daughter doesn't like it.

I think I just heard a squeal of delight over here in my hotel in Georgia. Was it the sound of victory over 'da lentils? :lol:

I had white beans in a white chili last night that we brought with us, so I see your lentil and raise you a white bean.

Lisa, this is how we reclaim our lives--one stinkin legume at a time! :) 

So excited for you, sweets ---- and I just danced around the lobby.

J sends a  Whoohoo to you too! xx

• Upvote 1

Happy Dance continues this morning -- it is a double legume happy dance...can't believe how happy my red lentils and Irish's white beans have made me :)

Dinner tonight will be more lentils and some meat and some vegies.

Haven't had chocolate mousse type substance in awhile -- big batch of that too.

and dear sister delivered three pounds of bacon for me to turn into RBJ -- house is going to smell yummy today!

Last night we had - Dali chicken, Pepper steak, Schezuan Beef, fried rice, & egg drop soup.  It was M's 17th Birthday and we went to Pf Changs!  They even brought him a little gluten-free flourless choclate cake with a candle.

Not sure what we are eating tonight.  Too much snow left to grill outside.  :angry:

You ladies with the beans - Take it easy there!  Hate to see you overindulge!  You got a designated driver?  :D

• Upvote 1

WoooHooo, Lisa-gal.  Way to GO!!!!  So happy for you.  Now don't go overdoin' them lentils, restrain yourself!!!!  The way to keep 'em is by giving them away ^_^   Jig-a-jig-jig!!!!  :D

• Upvote 1

Legumetastic news there ski!

I had roast chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mangetout and ...my 1st white potato this year! That was 2 hours ago, so we''ll see if I am a zombie tomorrow. It was baked and crispy and soft and fluffy.

Gaining things back really makes you appreciate the simple things.

• Upvote 1

happy anniversary!!  :)

I think we will have calzones with spinach and a soft cheese like Boursin if I see it. And a " regular" Chebe focaccia moz & feta pizza.

Bacon, egg and cheese on Udi's bagel for the girlies and I tonight:)

WoooHooo, Lisa-gal.  Way to GO!!!!  So happy for you.  Now don't go overdoin' them lentils, restrain yourself!!!!  The way to keep 'em is by giving them away ^_^   Jig-a-jig-jig!!!!  :D

I still feel great...but there has been a bit of gas -- wow just realizing how little gas has been generated the way i have been eating the past year or so...I don't miss it and I'm sure my honey has not missed it...limiting my little lentil friends to once a week or so ;)

Lentils sound yummy! I haven't had any in a while, I think I'll make a lentil loaf this week. Glad that you can have them. And now you have a weapon of war too. :lol: Thanks for the idea.

It isn't just getting back foods, but celiac in general makes you appreciate the little things. Every little food. Every little activity. Every last win and victory we have. Every day there is a reason to celebrate. :D

Everyone wanna reason to celebrate? Well, everyone that can tolerate eggs, dairy, and tapioca flour

that is..... Sorry. :ph34r: 

I took Addy's cheese bread and fried it in a pan like crepes. CAN YOU SAY TORTILLAS? For

softer results, use very low heat and cover the pan. For crispy, crunchy, taco-shell-like deliciousness

turn it up a little and fry uncovered. I added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little basil (not sure why

just felt right lol) I ate the first few as they came out of the pan... You can make them tiny like an egg or

huge like the size of my big deep-sided fry pan. They turn beautifully once the bottom has crisped up.

Having the last big one I made with sunnyside eggs on it right now. Oh, and I made it with romano

cheese and was far too lazy to mix it up in a blender, I just mixed it in my pyrex glass thing with the

spout with a spoon. I used olive oil spray to grease the pan, no sticking at all in my stainless.

Addy is my hero.

Frying them? That is brilliant!!! OMG I know what's for breakfast.

Oh, and I'll bet any old milk type thing and fake cheese would work for people who are into that sort of thing.

Woohoo, I am not a zombie this morning, white potatoes are back in :)

Mind you, withover 50lbs still to lose, not too often. I have worked out that I need more carbs in the few days before my period, so that will make it a bit easier.

Yes Addy, everything is appreciated more. I am thankful I can now wallk regularly, and have the energy to play with my little ones :)

Bunny Yay!

I can't eat them yet, but my sons will be extremely happy to try them...so thanks to you and Addie - I've been making crepes as substitute flour tortillas - they are alright but am excited too hear of another option!

And yes this flipping disease does make us appreciate everything - painless steps are my favorite which is close to a tie with finding out I might finally get a few foods back after four years of continually losing foods!

Lentils may have made me a bit tired as most legumes do, but I did have a very restful sleep - early here so I'm going to dream up a nice Sunday dinner for my family - Dad joining us twice a week since Mom's in the hospital - thinking Santa Maria Style TriTip - possibly with quesadillas and a bluberry cheesecake :)

Edited to add....Today is the fourth anniversary of the day I first learned the words Celiac Disease and Tissue Transglutaminase IgA....wow what a ride it has been -- off to walk six miles in celebration :D

Edited by GottaSki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

3 3

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 922 Guests (See full list)

• Top Posters +

• Recent Articles

Jefferson Adams
    Celiac.com 05/21/2018 - Just a year ago, Starbucks debuted their Canadian bacon, egg and cheddar cheese gluten-free sandwich. During that year, the company basked in praise from customers with celiac disease and gluten-sensitivity for their commitment to delivering a safe gluten-free alternative to it’s standard breakfast offerings.
    But that commitment came to an ignoble end recently as Starbucks admitted that their gluten-free sandwich was plagued by  “low sales,” and was simply not sustainable from a company perspective. The sandwich may not have sold well, but it was much-loved by those who came to rely on it.
    With the end of that sandwich came the complaints. Customers on social media were anything but quiet, as seen in numerous posts, tweets and comments pointing out the callous and tone-deaf nature of the announcement which took place in the middle of national Celiac Disease Awareness Month. More than a few posts threatened to dump Starbucks altogether.
    A few of the choice tweets include the following:  
    “If I’m going to get coffee and can’t eat anything might as well be DD. #celiac so your eggbites won’t work for me,” tweeted @NotPerryMason. “They’re discontinuing my @Starbucks gluten-free sandwich which is super sad, but will save me money because I won’t have a reason to go to Starbucks and drop $50 a week,” tweeted @nwillard229. Starbucks is not giving up on gluten-free entirely, though. The company will still offer several items for customers who prefer gluten-free foods, including Sous Vide Egg Bites, a Marshmallow Dream Bar and Siggi’s yogurt.
    Stay tuned to learn more about Starbucks gluten-free foods going forward.

Jefferson Adams
    Celiac.com 05/19/2018 - Looking for a nutritious, delicious meal that is both satisfying and gluten-free? This tasty quinoa salad is just the thing for you. Easy to make and easy to transport to work. This salad of quinoa and vegetables gets a rich depth from chicken broth, and a delicious tang from red wine vinegar. Just pop it in a container, seal and take it to work or school. Make the quinoa a day or two ahead as needed. Add or subtract veggies as you like.
    Ingredients:
    1 cup red quinoa, rinsed well ½ cup water ½ cup chicken broth 2 radishes, thinly sliced 1 small bunch fresh pea sprouts 1 small Persian cucumber, diced 1 small avocado, ripe, sliced into chunks Cherry or grape tomatoes Fresh sunflower seeds 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar  Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper Directions:
    Simmer quinoa in water and chicken broth until tender.
    Dish into bowls.
    Top with veggies, salt and pepper, and sunflower seeds. 
    Splash with red wine vinegar and enjoy!

Jefferson Adams
    Celiac.com 05/18/2018 - Across the country, colleges and universities are rethinking the way they provide food services for students with food allergies and food intolerance. In some cases, that means major renovations. In other cases, it means creating completely new dining and food halls. To document both their commitment and execution of gluten-free and allergen-free dining, these new food halls are frequently turning to auditing and accreditation firms, such as Kitchens with Confidence.
    The latest major player to make the leap to allergen-free dining is Syracuse University. The university’s Food Services recently earned an official gluten-free certification from Kitchens with Confidence for four of the University’s dining centers, with the fifth soon to follow.
    To earn the gluten-free certification from Kitchens with Confidence, food services must pass a 41 point audit process that includes 200 control check points. The food service must also agree to get any new food item approved in advance, and to submit to monthly testing of prep surfaces, to furnish quarterly reports, and to provide information on any staffing changes, recalls or incident reports. Kitchens with Confidence representatives also conduct annual inspections of each dining center.
    Syracuse students and guests eating at Ernie Davis, Shaw, Graham and Sadler dining centers can now choose safe, reliable gluten-free food from a certified gluten-free food center. The fifth dining center, Brockway, is currently undergoing renovations scheduled for completion by fall, when Brockway will also receive its certification.
    Syracuse Food Services has offered a gluten-free foods in its dining centers for years. According to Jamie Cyr, director of Auxiliary Services, the university believes that the independent Gluten-Free Certification from Kitchens with Confidence will help ease the anxiety for parents and students.”
    Syracuse is understandably proud of their accomplishment. According to Mark Tewksbury, director of residence dining operations, “campus dining centers serve 11,000 meals per day and our food is made fresh daily. Making sure that it is nutritious, delicious and safe for all students is a top priority.”
    Look for more colleges and universities to follow in the footsteps of Syracuse and others that have made safe, reliable food available for their students with food allergies or sensitivities.
    Read more.

Zyana Morris
    Celiac.com 05/17/2018 - Celiac disease is not one of the most deadly diseases out there, but it can put you through a lot of misery. Also known as coeliac, celiac disease is an inherited immune disorder. What happens is that your body’s immune system overreacts to gluten and damages the small intestine. People who suffer from the disease cannot digest gluten, a protein found in grain such as rye, barley, and wheat. 
    While it may not sound like a severe complication at first, coeliac can be unpleasant to deal with. What’s worse is it would lower your body’s capacity to absorb minerals and vitamins. Naturally, the condition would cause nutritional deficiencies. The key problem that diagnosing celiac is difficult and takes take longer than usual. Surprisingly, the condition has over 200 identified symptoms.
    More than three million people suffer from the coeliac disease in the United States alone. Even though diagnosis is complicated, there are symptoms that can help you identify the condition during the early stages to minimize the damage. 
    Here is how you can recognize the main symptoms of celiac disease:
    Diarrhea
    In various studies conducted over years, the most prominent symptom of celiac disease is chronic diarrhea.
    People suffering from the condition would experience loose watery stools that can last for up to four weeks after they stop taking gluten. Diarrhea can also be a symptom of food poisoning and other conditions, which is why it makes it difficult to diagnose coeliac. In certain cases, celiac disease can take up to four years to establish a sound diagnosis.
    Vomiting
    Another prominent symptom is vomiting.  
    When accompanied by diarrhea, vomiting can be a painful experience that would leave you exhausted. It also results in malnutrition and the patient experiences weight loss (not in a good way though). If you experience uncontrolled vomiting, report the matter to a physician to manage the condition.
    Bloating
    Since coeliac disease damages the small intestine, bloating is another common system. This is due to inflammation of the digestive tract. In a study with more than a 1,000 participants, almost 73% of the people reported bloating after ingesting gluten. 
    Bloating can be managed by eliminating gluten from the diet which is why a gluten-free diet is necessary for people suffering from celiac disease.
    Fatigue
    Constant feeling of tiredness and low energy levels is another common symptom associated with celiac disease. If you experience a lack of energy after in taking gluten, then you need to consult a physician to diagnose the condition. Now fatigue can also result from inefficient thyroid function, infections, and depression (a symptom of the coeliac disease). However, almost 51% of celiac patients suffer from fatigue in a study.
    Itchy Rash
    Now the chances of getting a rash after eating gluten are slim, but the symptom has been associated with celiac disease in the past. The condition can cause dermatitis herpetiformis, which causes a blistering skin rash that occurs around the buttocks, knees, and elbows. 
    A study found out that almost 17% of patients suffering from celiac disease might develop dermatitis herpetiformis due to lack of right treatment. Make sure you schedule an online appointment with your dermatologist or visit the nearest healthcare facility to prevent worsening of symptoms.
    Even with such common symptoms, diagnosing the condition is imperative for a quick recovery and to mitigate the long-term risks associated with celiac disease. 
    Sources:
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov  Celiac.com ncbi.nlm.nih.gov  mendfamily.com

Jefferson Adams
    Celiac.com 05/16/2018 - Galectins are a family of animal lectins marked by their affinity for N-acetyllactosamine-enriched glycoconjugates. Galectins control several immune cell processes and influence both innate and adaptive immune responses. A team of researchers recently set out to assess the role of galectins, particularly galectin-1 (Gal-1), in the treatment of celiac disease.
    The research team included Victoria Sundblad, Amado A. Quintar, Luciano G. Morosi, Sonia I. Niveloni, Ana Cabanne, Edgardo Smecuol, Eduardo Mauriño, Karina V. Mariño, Julio C. Bai, Cristina A. Maldonado, and Gabriel A. Rabinovich.
    The researchers examined the role of galectins in intestinal inflammation, particularly in Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and celiac disease patients, as well as in murine models resembling these inflammatory conditions. 
    Maintaining the fine balance between host immunity and tolerance promotes gut homeostasis, and helps to prevent inflammation. To gain insight into the role of Gal-1 in celiac patients, the team demonstrated an increase in Gal-1 expression following a gluten-free diet along with an increase in the frequency of Foxp3+ cells. 
    The resolution of the inflammatory response may promote the recovery process, leading to a reversal of gut damage and a regeneration of villi. Among other things, the team’s findings support the use of Gal-1 agonists to treat severe mucosal inflammation. In addition, Gal-1 may serve as a potential biomarker to follow the progression of celiac disease treatment.
    Gut inflammation may be governed by a coordinated network of galectins and their glycosylated ligands, triggering either anti-inflammatory or pro-inflammatory responses. That network may influence the interplay between intestinal epithelial cells and the highly specialized gut immune system in physiologic and pathologic settings.
    The team’s results demonstrate that the anti-inflammatory and tolerogenic response associated with gluten-free diet in celiac patients is matched by a substantial up-regulation of Gal-1. This suggests a major role of this lectin in favoring resolution of inflammation and restoration of mucosal homeostasis. 
    This data highlights the regulated expression of galectin-1 (Gal-1), a proto-type member of the galectin family, during intestinal inflammation in untreated and treated celiac patients. Further study of this area could lead to better understanding of the mechanisms behind celiac disease, and potentially to a treatment of the disease.
    Source:
    Front. Immunol., 01 March 2018.  
    The researchers in this study are variously affiliated with the Laboratorio de Inmunopatología, Instituto de Biología y Medicina Experimental (IBYME), Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET), Buenos Aires, Argentina; the Centro de Microscopía Electrónica, Facultad de Ciencias Médicas, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina; the Instituto de Investigaciones en Ciencias de la Salud (INICSA), Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET), Córdoba, Argentina; the Laboratorio de Glicómica Funcional y Molecular, Instituto de Biología y Medicina Experimental (IBYME), Consejo de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET), Buenos Aires, Argentina; the Sección Intestino Delgado, Departamento de Medicina, Hospital de Gastroenterología Dr. C. Bonorino Udaondo, Buenos Aires, Argentina; the Unidad de Patología, Hospital de Gastroenterología, Bonorino Udaondo, Buenos Aires, Argentina; the Instituto de Investigaciones, Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina; and the Departamento de Química Biológica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BAM

• Topics

• Thanks it helped alot  
    • Yes, tried enzymes but made my stomach burn terribly. I no longer have my gallbladder. Possibly the issue.
    • Hey fellow sufferer me too it's all from lectins..GMO lectins do same disruption to cattle and chicken too from their soy potato and corn legume based feed....I also get uti bad sensations hot urine and irritated bladder, lectins are bacteria from plants immune system Google lectins and Monsanto high lectin foods: soy wheat peanut corn tomato potato yep all of it I can't rely on gluten free foods has to be gluten-free and non GMO brain fog issues are neurotoxins from lectins etc too kind me 20yrs believing I had msg issues, wheat gluten etc...takes time but the GMO lectins disrupt our mucus layer in gut http://dysautonomia.com.au/lectins-3/
    • Hello all with these horrible pressure headaches I get all the exact symptoms and the nasty pressure points in my skull at the base and upper area. I get these associated when I'm glutened but it's actually from lectins and GMO foods. GMO foods are exactly the splicing of several plant lectins combined and all livestock ie chickens cattle have same issues with gut and yes it's in the meats too also Google meat allergy, I've a type o neg blood, I FRUSTRATEDINGLY DONT GO TO ANY DOCTORS OF ANY KIND OF WHICH THE WORD LECTINS PROBABLY ISNT ALLOWED ON THIS SITE..Google GMO LECTINS and MONSANTO..they take plant's lectins which are BACTERIA hence the flu like ill feeling, sweats, bad brain fog which is a neurotoxicity affect from lectins, my sinuses go hay wire!, muscles ache badly, eyes face, baggy eyes, major histamine release..I've had all the typical symptoms over yrs change...msg and sulphites, salycilates, amines..and the  immune systems so to speak for plants. My small intestine swells , and I'm glutened from tomatoes (sauce), potatoe and corn, wheat, SOY...all wang me out horribly. That's what lectins do naturally to animals the thwart being digested ...they disrupt our digestive tracts horribly..took me 20 plus yrs, I'm 46, to figure it out...GO TO A NUTRITIONIST..GMO LECTINS ARE WHAT MAKE WHEAT AND PEANUTS SOO ALLERGIC..IM SO FED UP AND DISGUSTED READING LOST PEOPLE MISGUIDED IVE NEVER POSTED ON ANY SITE BEFORE...currently I'm a dishwasher at a ruby Tuesday's..I used to be an aircraft mechanic for a major airline..my health and slowly went down hill. So very very recently I've discovered this, they're also blood type specific..where and how have I learned this...chiropractors also. One forum explained that a patient's Harvard educated G.I. specialist vaguely even heard of lectins. Thank you Monsanto and big pharma , also BT pesticide causes leaky gut too, it's designed to do same to catipillars too. I never believed it until my gut is now so sensitive my symptoms last for almost  a full seven day week. I just have to ride it out and take chamomile tea, organic $ brands using several tea bags and helps. Good luck to you all and leave no stone unturned in your journeys. Also look up psoriasis info caused by lectins too. i also simultaneously get uti symptoms ie bacteria from lectins, detox tea and fresh lemon flushes it out,... Soo all gluten free foods are using GMO ingredients corn starch, potato starch " modified food starch", etc etc so I can't and don't bother with shopping gluten free...read any and all Gluten Free labels..and compare non-GMO labels vs gluten free without GMO free label, most health and gluten-free bars are all soy, personally we're being scammed...this wont be posted I'm sure...why haven't I ever had a allergist explain this to me ..I'min the U.S., I've learned this from European, Australian, based nutrition sources online. Kristin.com to start  http://dysautonomia.com.au/lectins-3/ leave no stone unturned and do your own homework  
  • Blog Entries

• Upcoming Events