This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

love2travel Mentor

Roasted Poblano and Potato Soup with Pumpkinseed Oil

Roasted Carrot Hummus

Focaccia with fresh green and grassy olive oil from Croatia

Strawberries with a few drops of thick aged Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale de Modena

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

peeptoad Apprentice

Probably a spinach & mushroom frittata.

lucia Enthusiast

Welcome back love2travel! Hope Croatia treated you well. I borrowed from love2travel tonight, and made a roasted poblano and corn chowder plus an upside down vegetable cake with broccoli and cauliflower and starring dill. Nice!

mushroom Proficient

I sure hope you are working on your cookbook, love2travel - I will drool over it even if I can't make the recipes :D

Ellie84 Apprentice

Puffed potatoes with herb-encrusted salmon and a cold beet salad. Best thing: the oven does the cooking today and there'll be hardly any dishes to do.

love2travel Mentor

Welcome back love2travel! Hope Croatia treated you well. I borrowed from love2travel tonight, and made a roasted poblano and corn chowder plus an upside down vegetable cake with broccoli and cauliflower and starring dill. Nice!

Thanks, Lucia! It was the most wonderful trip imaginable. We did and saw sooooooooo much. We also ate extremely well with no fears of CC. We had donkey for the first time and we again had fresh octopus, squid, scampi, sea bass, turbot, shark, white truffles, etc. It was amazing.

Oh, that chowder sounds delicious! So does the vegetable cake. Yum! It is only 7:31 AM and and I just finished breakfast but thanks to you I am hungry again. :P

love2travel Mentor

I sure hope you are working on your cookbook, love2travel - I will drool over it even if I can't make the recipes :D

Mushroom, thanks! I've started one off and on but I literally have thousands of ideas swirling through my head and am unsure how to capture them all.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

navigator Apprentice

love2travel - have you ever thought of putting some of your recipes into a booklet? I for you would love to buy it - exciting recipes and all gluten free, who wouldn't!?!

Tonight I'm doing chicken fillets wrapped in parma ham and served with chorizo and roasted veg (butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, potato and red onions - drizzled in both rosemary infused and garlic infused olive oil and sprinled with rosemary and lemon thyme.

Edit - great minds think alike, Mushroom!!

Ellie84 Apprentice

Tonight I'm doing chicken fillets wrapped in parma ham and served with chorizo and roasted veg (butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, potato and red onions - drizzled in both rosemary infused and garlic infused olive oil and sprinled with rosemary and lemon thyme.

Great, see you at dinner then! :P

love2travel Mentor

We are having company tonight who are NOT adventurous eaters at all. They think fresh mushrooms are too exotic! They are not willing to try anything new so we are having simple which is also good...

Roast Chicken Stuffed with Lemons, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary with Herbed Citrus Butter under the skin - will deglaze the pan with white wine for a simple jus

Parboiled then roast baby Yukon golds to get them crispy on the outside and creamy inside (with fresh herbs and roasted garlic and roasted lemon)

Orange and Cumin Glazed Carrots

Mixed Greens with Peppered Almonds, Parmesan Shards and Grapefruit Tarragon Vinaigrette

Ice Cream Sandwiches with my Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sweet and Spicy Roasted Walnuts to munch on

Hopefully they won't miss the bread - they are not getting any! ;)

Edited by love2travel
love2travel Mentor

love2travel - have you ever thought of putting some of your recipes into a booklet? I for you would love to buy it - exciting recipes and all gluten free, who wouldn't!?!

Edit - great minds think alike, Mushroom!!

Navigator, that sounds incredible! How could you possibly not love chicken wrapped in parma ham et. al.? Man, I love infused oils.

lucia Enthusiast

Roast Chicken Stuffed with Lemons, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary with Herbed Citrus Butter under the skin - will deglaze the pan with white wine for a simple jus

How ignorant the NOT adventurous eaters must be of the complexity of their chicken! This sounds amazing!!!

Would also be happy to see your recipes in booklet form. Or, how about a blog?

lucia Enthusiast

Vegetarian meal:

-poblano and corn chowder, same as last night

-roasted butternut squash, chard, sliced grape tomatos and ricotta pizza with thyme

(using up leftovers)

I'm so happy to find out that I can still have pizza - as much as I want, as long as I cook it. I made my crust myself using yeast - fun!

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had grilled gluten-free SF Hot Dogs in a lettuce wrap tonight, and I would highly recccommend if you ever consider that as a menu idea, squash it. :)

love2travel Mentor

How ignorant the NOT adventurous eaters must be of the complexity of their chicken! This sounds amazing!!!

Would also be happy to see your recipes in booklet form. Or, how about a blog?

It was yummy - the chicken had a happy life as it was free range with lots of room to peck at insects in the grass. We all fought over the skin. It was a plump bird with gorgeous yellow fat. The carcass will make great soup for lunch tomorrow.

I've considered doing a blog. Perhaps it would make a great winter project! Thanks for saying so.

love2travel Mentor

We had grilled gluten-free SF Hot Dogs in a lettuce wrap tonight, and I would highly recccommend if you ever consider that as a menu idea, squash it. :)

:lol: You're funny.

I've never tried a gluten-free hotdog. Can you describe it? I haven't had a gluten hotdog for years, either. We don't do them well in our area. We do smokies well but not hotdogs.

You've given me an idea for dinner tomorrow - gluten-free bratwurst sausage with roasted purple grapes (too bad we don't have Concord). The grapes caramelize and turn into an unctuous thick marmalade-like sauce. I deglaze with a touch of Port and add finely-minced sauteed shallots and serve over potato puree.

love2travel Mentor

Vegetarian meal:

-poblano and corn chowder, same as last night

-roasted butternut squash, chard, sliced grape tomatos and ricotta pizza with thyme

(using up leftovers)

I'm so happy to find out that I can still have pizza - as much as I want, as long as I cook it. I made my crust myself using yeast - fun!

Sounds like you had a wonderful leftovers night! The fact that we can still have good homemade pizza is enough to make me tear up. Your pizza toppings combo sounds fantastic. :)

Marilyn R Community Regular

:lol: You're funny.

I've never tried a gluten-free hotdog. Can you describe it? I haven't had a gluten hotdog for years, either. We don't do them well in our area. We do smokies well but not hotdogs.

You've given me an idea for dinner tomorrow - gluten-free bratwurst sausage with roasted purple grapes (too bad we don't have Concord). The grapes caramelize and turn into an unctuous thick marmalade-like sauce. I deglaze with a touch of Port and add finely-minced sauteed shallots and serve over potato puree.

Now that sounds good! I can't remember the name of the manufacturer of the hot dogs, but I bought them in US at a membership store. We had to buy a a box of them but I was hankering for a hot dog, so it worked. We had an adventure with those hot dogs, made slaw dawgs, dogs in the blanket, cheese dawgs, grilled dogs. I guess I left the lettuce wraps for the end, thank goodness.

They were organic and all beef, big help, right? SS, but they might not be availabble in Caanda even if they're ok in the States. :D

samie Contributor

We had sandwiches and jello. We did it easy tonight cause i cook alot and thats what kids want.

mushroom Proficient

Now that sounds good! I can't remember the name of the manufacturer of the hot dogs, but I bought them in US at a membership store. We had to buy a a box of them but I was hankering for a hot dog, so it worked. We had an adventure with those hot dogs, made slaw dawgs, dogs in the blanket, cheese dawgs, grilled dogs. I guess I left the lettuce wraps for the end, thank goodness.

They were organic and all beef, big help, right? SS, but they might not be availabble in Caanda even if they're ok in the States. :D

Were they Ball Park by chance?

Ellie84 Apprentice

Foo yong hai, it's a Chinese omelette filled with mushrooms and vegetables in a sweet tomato sauce. Meat, fish or chicken are optional. I'm making the vegetarian version tonight, so sshhhht, don't tell my partner... He usually complains when there's no meat in a dish but he eats this one without a fuss.

navigator Apprentice

Navigator, that sounds incredible! How could you possibly not love chicken wrapped in parma ham et. al.? Man, I love infused oils.

Aren't infused oils great? I always have a collection of them - such an easy way to add flavour to cooking. Now, get on with starting your blog with gorgeous recipes and cooking tips!!

Tonight I'm doing free-range corn-fed chicken portions, once they've cooked for a bit I'll add chorizo, crushed dried chillies, thyme,tomato puree, red peppers,garlic,onions and rice(all cooked for a few minutes in olive oil and then chicken stock). Then shortly before it's ready add black olives and parma ham. I love one-pot cooking - so easy!

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight we are finishing up leftovers from this weekend and for tomorrow my little one gets to pick since it is her 2nd birthday!

I asked her want she wanted and she said she wants tanksgivin :)

So tomorrow we will be having turkey, cranberry sauce, smashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing and probably carrots. Now I just need to figure out what to give her for her special birthday breakfast and dessert, but at least dinner is taken care of.

love2travel Mentor

I asked her want she wanted and she said she wants tanksgivin :)

How cute is that? :D I would not be able to resist!

love2travel Mentor

Aren't infused oils great? I always have a collection of them - such an easy way to add flavour to cooking. Now, get on with starting your blog with gorgeous recipes and cooking tips!!

Tonight I'm doing free-range corn-fed chicken portions, once they've cooked for a bit I'll add chorizo, crushed dried chillies, thyme,tomato puree, red peppers,garlic,onions and rice(all cooked for a few minutes in olive oil and then chicken stock). Then shortly before it's ready add black olives and parma ham. I love one-pot cooking - so easy!

A lot of infusing goes on at our house! Lots of oils. I also like infusing honey with ground dried chipotle and other delicious things. You're right - it is a very simple way to add WOW to things.