This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Mateto Enthusiast

I had chicken breast and spuds with this seasoning I found randomly shopping.

And chocolate covered almonds :D

Oh, and Gluten Free Pantry chocolate-chip cookies :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Simona19 Collaborator

Empanadas, empanadas, empanadas!

Wow, they were delicious! My husband ate 5, I had 3 and my son 10 (his were smaller). I used a dough from my recipe "Gluten free apple empanadas". I didn't put sugar in it. I made meat filling (beef, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, 3 mashed potatoes, red paprika, and salt) and for my son, a vegetarian version (1 small can of vegetarian beans- mashed, 3 mashed potatoes, cumin, oregano, 3 Tbsp. peas from can and 2 Tbsp. of shredded Monterey jack cheese).

Jestgar Rising Star

Empanadas, empanadas, empanadas!

mmmmmm

I had bean soup.

Lisa Mentor

Tonight was homemade chick salad with tomato aspic and deviled eggs on a bed of lettuce. It was so suitable for a hot day in May.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Chopped off a piece of right (dominant) thumb yesterday on my mandoline so am not cooking. DANG IT! Amazing how much we take our thumbs for granted. Makes things tricky (like this typing which is taking ages).

Oooh, I did that on my middle finger!!!! The dude at urgent care wanted to put a stitch through my nail. I advised him to use glue if he wanted to live.

Hubs threw out the mandolin and I refuse to buy another one.

Hope you feel better soon. Yes, it is awkward. I was so happy when mine healed to a certain point.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Grilled shrimp in pomegranate /orange/ginger marinade

Kale slaw with red onion and carrot and bacon

Honeydew if it's worth a flip

notme Experienced

DP smoked a chicken today, just the way I like it. No sauce. Just mesquite chips and coal.

We had that with Greek salad and Glutino parmesan garlic bagel chips. WalMart is carrying them! Stonyfield Chocolate ice cream for desert.

Yesterday he smoked spare ribs I'd marinated overnight in papaya, cinnamon and brown sugar, then gave him a mop sauce of organic apple cider vinegar, minced jalopeno pepper, parprika and water, reduced. I had roasted root vegetable salad, he had supermarket potato salad. The ribs were fabulous! :)

marilyn: me and you could totally hang :D i think we smoked a chicken the same day lolz!!

hubby has been frustrated because he was afraid the Big Smoker Grill would make me sick and he bought a smaller bullet one to use - which he hates - ("i can't get the temperature to stay right! rawrrrr!!") so a few weeks ago, he reseasoned the cast iron grates on it and we smoked a pork shoulder. i did not get sick!!! yay!!! so we have been smoking *everything* :D our neighbors are drooly :D might do a salmon this weekend!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sora Community Regular

Slow cooking a corned beef brisket with red potatoes, carrots and cabbage.

It's a grey day and damp so it will warm my bones. :)

cougie23 Explorer

We are grilling steaks that I marinate in worchesshire (?) sauce , garlic and.black pepper. Red potatoes cut in little squares, tossed with olive oil and Italian seasoning, put in a foil packet and grilled. Regular salad. Hub's millionth birthday so I will make a BC brownie mix with Kraft Carmel bits, hot from the oven, vanilla ice cream and Carmel sauce.

Tomorrow. It's chili with ground turkey breast in case we haven't had enough turkey.

EVERYTHING SOUNDS SO YUMMY...I'm drooling...everyone has such yummy Ideas...ESPECIALLY the BBQ...MMMMmmmmmm!

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH....THIS LOOKS LIKE FUN!!! CAN I PLAY!!!LOL! :P

KAREN...MARILYN,you've been holding out on me! LOL!WHY didn't you mention this...!LOL...keeping it all to yourselves!I want to play "whats for DINNER!"

Phewwie...haven't decided yet! :(:blink::lol:

Lovetotravel...pricklypear...hope your fingers are doing better!

Just cut the tip off my pinky on the cheesegrader last week myself...ouch!(making graded apple ,carrot cinnomon ,trailmix salad w/honey)

Marilyn R Community Regular

marilyn: me and you could totally hang :D i think we smoked a chicken the same day lolz!!

hubby has been frustrated because he was afraid the Big Smoker Grill would make me sick and he bought a smaller bullet one to use - which he hates - ("i can't get the temperature to stay right! rawrrrr!!") so a few weeks ago, he reseasoned the cast iron grates on it and we smoked a pork shoulder. i did not get sick!!! yay!!! so we have been smoking *everything* :D our neighbors are drooly :D might do a salmon this weekend!

DP loves nothing better than smoking, watching sports and drinking beer. We live in the deep south so he gets a bit warped in the summer, the sunshine adds too much heat to the smoker! I really need to buy an umbrellla stand and a SUVP umbrella or some shade cloth for him. That whole chicken was on sale for a little over $6. I had it every day for lunch this week. (Greek salad, rice mac & cheese and smoked chicken, chef salad, smoked chicken on bagel chips and fruit salad. There's still enough left for pizza tomorrow (with pesto) and I'll probably be able to teach the dog a few more tricks with it. (Because it's smoked, I'm okay with using it more than 3-4 days.) He smokes whatever pork is on sale, and what's left over is always good for soup or etc. And yes, our neighbors are torturted too. I buy him some gluten-free beer occasionally for his grill adventures. I used to have to watch him like a halk, it was just nature for him to pour beer on the hunk of meat. He's been a Dennis the Menace, but he's finally got it down.

Way to go on reaseasoning the smoker. He actually bought a new one, but it was an end of season sale at a big hardware chain and got it for $40.

We're smoking duck this weekend. A Kentucky ducky Derby weekend, he says. I got him some Mexican beer to, because it's Cinco de Mayo. Duck is a little more involved, but it is out of this work and Duck Soup is over the top!

MadelineJ Newbie

Tonight we are making a quinoa salad with kale, tomatoes, probably some garlic and topping it with cooked shrimp. We're also trying out a gluten free salad dressing that claims to go with everything from Kraft. If the dressing fails the taste test we'll use gluten free champagne dressing.

Mateto Enthusiast

I had a healthy-in-my-own-eyes supper :P

A Glutino English muffin toasted under the grill, with a gluten-free turkey sausage-thing, a tomato, and vegetables on the side. Then I had a Kinnikinnick Banana muffin, chocolate-coated almonds, dark chocolate Cadbury bar...hmm, what else, OH! Chocolate homemade flourless cookies with quinoa.

It was my only meal, so I had to fill myself with SOMETHING :D

Breakfast was a measly (small) bowl of cereal. Yuck.

MadelineJ Newbie

Tonight we are having quinoa salad with kale, spinach, tomatoes, a basil paste I picked up from safeway, probably some garlic too!

We'll top it off with some shrimp and a new gluten free dressing that's supposed to be good on anything. If the taste test fails we'll use the gluten free champagne dressing.

Think this recipe calls for some Chardonnay :rolleyes:

notme Experienced

DP loves nothing better than smoking, watching sports and drinking beer.

i know this guy! does he keep wood chips soaking in a bowl on the counter? lolz :D

we have yet to try smoking a duck - challenge! - with all Love2's talk of duck i am wanting to do it!

last night we made shrimp scampi w/rice noodles - hub says he likes the rice noodles better than fettuccini - annnddd:

first salad greens from the garden - delicious - i mixed in some beet greens and herbs. the cheap-o in me loves eating from the backyard :)

alex11602 Collaborator

Tonight I am making floret lasagna with sweet Italian sausage. I have been smelling the sauce while it has been simmering for a few hours already and dinner can't come quick enough.

HoosierMother Newbie

I soaked large lima beans last night and slow cooked them today made long grain white rice in my rice cooker to go along with the beans.. It was really good...

We ate the rest of IrishHeart's chocolate cake which is delicious with strawberries...

IrishHeart Veteran

We ate the rest of IrishHeart's chocolate cake which is delicious with strawberries...

So glad you liked it!! :) I do it with fresh whipped cream and berries myself...yum! (and makes for tight jeans! ) :lol:

HoosierMother Newbie

So glad you liked it!! :) I do it with fresh whipped cream and berries myself...yum! (and makes for tight jeans! ) :lol:

The fresh whipped cream sounds really good but I have a lactose intolerance.. :(

I thought the flourless chocolate cake tasted like a chewy brownie...

Excellant!

sora Community Regular

Thai fried rice with cucumber and lime.

IrishHeart Veteran

The fresh whipped cream sounds really good but I have a lactose intolerance.. :(

I thought the flourless chocolate cake tasted like a chewy brownie...

Excellant!

Yes, a fudgy brownie! Sorry about the LI :( --I had that, too...for a LOOONg time, but now, I can tolerate it . Maybe you will get it back? Hope so.Best wishes.

sora Community Regular

In honor of Cinco de Mayo we are having Taco Salad.

IrishHeart Veteran

Guacamole, mango salsa, Beef Tacos and flan here! :)

I love Cinco de Mayo!

Lisa Mentor

Wine....big lunch. :unsure:

alex11602 Collaborator

Pork tacos for us

sa1937 Community Regular

Pizza...thankfully I had frozen a crust last time I made it.