This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

jerseyangel Proficient

Told my hub it was " David from Ireland's " recipe & he got excited about it cause every recipe we have tried has been great.

We love David's stuff too. I took that oven risotto recipe and have made it with the chicken, without as a side dish, and added spinach, shredded carrots, a little garlic, and more cheese for a really yummy main dish. Using veggie broth and simply omitting the chicken (maybe subbing mushrooms) would make it a nice vegetarian meal.

Tonight however, it's going to be pizza using the GFP French Bread Mix for the crust and salad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

We love David's stuff too. I took that oven risotto recipe and have made it with the chicken, without as a side dish, and added spinach, shredded carrots, a little garlic, and more cheese for a really yummy main dish. Using veggie broth and simply omitting the chicken (maybe subbing mushrooms) would make it a nice vegetarian meal.

Tonight however, it's going to be pizza using the GFP French Bread Mix for the crust and salad.

Are you putting fresh spinach or frozen in it? At the beginning or after oven time? I have had some bad experiences with over cooking fresh spinach in things.

jerseyangel Proficient

Are you putting fresh spinach or frozen in it? At the beginning or after oven time? I have had some bad experiences with over cooking fresh spinach in things.

This was so good--I started the onions in the olive oil and then added the shredded fresh carrot (about 2). A few minutes later I threw in a box of frozen chopped spinach that I had microwaved for 7 minutes. I let all that saute together for a couple minutes, added the rice, then the broth. When I took it out of the oven, I added 2 tablespoons (or so) of butter and a lot of grated pecorino romano.

Jestgar Rising Star

For brekky I had eggs scrambled with onions, tomatoes, and turnip greens over a bowl of mixed salad greens. ( I know it's not dinner, but it's dinner-like.)

jess-gf Explorer

Tonight I am going to try creating a gluten free teriyaki sauce. All of the premade sauces have gluten in them and I have tried using gluten-free soy suace + honey + sesame oil. That combo is pretty good but it's still not quite teriyaki. I did some research and this time I'm going to try splashing in some Mirin and fish sauce!

Nor-TX Enthusiast

Tonight I am going to try creating a gluten free teriyaki sauce. All of the premade sauces have gluten in them and I have tried using gluten-free soy suace + honey + sesame oil. That combo is pretty good but it's still not quite teriyaki. I did some research and this time I'm going to try splashing in some Mirin and fish sauce!

Mmmm... Please post the recipe when you have perfected it. There is a gluten-free teriyaki sauce I think by San J... but it is mostly salt and too strong.

Wenmin Enthusiast

We had shrimp and sausage jambalaya with white beans. MMMMMM!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Marlie Apprentice

I thought it might be fun if we had a thread where we shared what we're cooking up for dinner:) I am not an experienced cook so coming up with gluten free menus for me and my boyfriend feels like a challenge. It's also weird since I only started eating meat since my diagnosis, so I have 0 experience preparing meat.

Tonight I'm going to try that Tinkyada spiral pasta with some gluten-free pasta sauce and gluten-free meatballs I got from TJ's.

\

Dinner tonight is homemade buffalo wings, white rice and broccoli.

Emilushka Contributor

I was making food only for myself tonight. This may be gross to everyone else, but I made 1/2 bag of California mixed frozen veggies, 2 tbs chopped fresh shallots, 1 can of salmon (drained), and a couple big squirts of wasabi mustard. I nuked the shallots with the frozen veggies, then added the salmon and wasabi mustard and stirred. Simple, easy food with lots of flavors.

I'm a sucker for shallots and wasabi and mustard.

wheeleezdryver Community Regular

hamburger patty/ cheese/ ketchup on a warmed up corn tortilla (need to buy some gluten-free hambuger buns), and Alexia french fries w/ ketchup.

Jestgar Rising Star

Ground turkey cooked with sauteed onions, frozen spinach, peas, and beans. Added in some garlic, smoked paprika, curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Served over mung bean noodles.

kareng Grand Master

We all just had sandwiches and carrot sticks. Everyone likes that sometimes. We each have what we want - pb&j, grilled cheese, grilled pepper cheese and roast beef, & roast beef cold.

Tomorrow night we are having crock- pot turkey chili. Either plain, chili Mac or taco salad

RideAllWays Enthusiast

A bowl of popcorn, and a bowl of frozen blueberries. Might eat a can of corn if still hungry later...I call it the student diet!

Emilushka Contributor

"Ancient Grain mix" made in veggie broth (with extra veggie broth and some veggie oil added) in the rice cooker with shallots, garlic, and jalapenos, then spinach wilted over the top and a can of tuna mixed in at the end. I am all about the canned fish for ease of cooking.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Health Valley cream of chicken soup with steak bites served over rice. And green beans. Tonight will be the kids' favorite-tuna noodle casserole :)

sa1937 Community Regular

Ham, nuked sweet potato and fresh asparagus last night. Tonight is too far off to think about. :P

mbrookes Community Regular

Yesterday made red beans and rice in the crock pot. Tonight it's sauted shrimp with garlic, twice baked potatoes and green salad.

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Tonight I'm making some "winter carnival", a recipe my mom always made in the wintertime.

1 lb ground beef

1 bell pepper chopped

1 small onion chopped

2 cans tomatoes with sauce (add water if no sauce)

1/3 cup Karo syrup

1 tsp kosher salt

1 tsp chili powder

2 bay leaves

2 cups cooked rice

Brown ground beef until cooked, mix in peppers and onions and cook until soft. Mix in everything else, (add half a cup of water if needed) and simmer for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better it will taste). Remove bay leaves before eating. If you want you can top with cheddar cheese. This is winter comfort food for me!

missy'smom Collaborator

For me:

this minus the potatoes http://www.befreeforme.com/ViewRecipe.aspx?RecipeID=582 and some pine nuts sprinkled on top before serving and maybe some kalamata olives on the side, red wine to drink

for kiddo:

homemade easy chicken and rice soup-homemade broth from the freezer(from the Thanksgiving turkey carcass), Trader Joes basmati and wild rice blend, diced carrots and leftover chicken from a Costco roasted chicken, plus cheese toast and fruit salad

Emilushka Contributor

Seared scallops with olive oil, garlic, and steamed veggies over gluten-free pasta.

Jestgar Rising Star

Ghirardelli white mint dark chocolate squares. :ph34r: :ph34r:

sa1937 Community Regular

Yum! My kind of dinner!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lisa Mentor

hahah...just finished off my Christmas stash. Yummm

Lisa Mentor

Tonight: breakfast.

Friday night: First attempt at Gumbo

Saturday night: marinated lamb chops - grilled or roasted - mint jelly

teeny tiny new potatoes - roasted with garlic and herbs

asparagus

Pamela's chocolate cake - with french vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce.

Company is commin' :D

celiac-mommy Collaborator