Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Had chicken fettuccine Alfredo. Used Thai straight cut noodles, classico Alfredo sauce and cut up chicken. Also had a side salad with a spring mix, hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes, generous amount of sunflower seeds, bit of cheddar and ranch dressing. :D

The first time we were ever adventurous enough to try making our own Chinese restaurant style breaded chicken at home was after I was gluten free. Since then my husband has been dying to have sweet and sour pork. He wasn't happy with how the sauce turned out but the pork was delicious. It was also cheaper to buy the meat already cut up at the store because it was the less awesome parts of the pig I guess. Whatever, imo all the parts of the pig are awesome.

Roast Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Spices (from yesterday)

Potatoes Sardalaise

Cabbage and Lime Slaw

...and...

Double Chocolate Truffle Cake with Chocolate Buttercream (our only dessert this week!).

STILL Roast Leg of Lamb with Moroccan Spices

Grilled Eggplant with Feta, Mint and Garlic Croutons

Persian Rice Cakes with Toasted Almonds

Tonight we had trash can turkey, green salad, homemade beans, new potatoes with green beans, grape salad, and homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert! It's been forever since we've had trash can turkey!! ??

Tonight we had trash can turkey, green salad, homemade beans, new potatoes with green beans, grape salad, and homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert! It's been forever since we've had trash can turkey!!

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but what is trash can turkey? Sounds "interesting". laugh.gif

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but what is trash can turkey? Sounds "interesting". laugh.gif

Haha interesting name, huh? It's exactly as it sounds!! It's turkey cooked in a trash can, literally. The turkey is on a stand, metal trash can upside down over turkey, tin foul to seal the edges and hot charcoal on top of the can and all around the sides for a few hours....it's amazing. If you're interested I can give you the play by play by IM lol it's a bit lengthy but delicious!

Haha interesting name, huh? It's exactly as it sounds!! It's turkey cooked in a trash can, literally. The turkey is on a stand, metal trash can upside down over turkey, tin foul to seal the edges and hot charcoal on top of the can and all around the sides for a few hours....it's amazing. If you're interested I can give you the play by play by IM lol it's a bit lengthy but delicious!

Well, that certainly does sound interesting!!! Uh, I don't think I'd ever make it though...I'd be eating turkey for a whole year, I'm sure. laugh.gif

Well, that certainly does sound interesting!!! Uh, I don't think I'd ever make it though...I'd be eating turkey for a whole year, I'm sure. laugh.gif

It sure does make a lot! We have family visiting from Ontario so my Dad and Uncle decided there was no better time to whip up a trash can turkey! Haha we might be a little redneck, but what the hey?! ??

It sure does make a lot! We have family visiting from Ontario so my Dad and Uncle decided there was no better time to whip up a trash can turkey! Haha we might be a little redneck, but what the hey?! ??

Even though I had never heard of it before, I just googled it and found a recipe attributed to the Boy Scouts. Bet they have fun making it, too.

Leftover Lamb Shepherd's Pie (with red wine sauce)

Lime Cabbage Slaw

Shouldn't you be about outta lamb by now? tongue.gif Need some help eating the rest of it? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! As much as I adore lamb, this is getting to be a bit much. The leg was a 7 pounder - we should have invited guests instead of tackle it ourselves. Hopefully I can make something else tomorrow. The offer of your coming up here still stands. No shoveling required! :P

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! As much as I adore lamb, this is getting to be a bit much. The leg was a 7 pounder - we should have invited guests instead of tackle it ourselves. Hopefully I can make something else tomorrow. The offer of your coming up here still stands. No shoveling required! :P

Set an extra place!!! Glad there's no shoveling in July!!! laugh.gif

Set an extra place!!! Glad there's no shoveling in July!!! laugh.gif

OK. Will meet you at the airport at 1830 hours. :P

Yaaay! I really didn't want to cook tonight anyway. biggrin.gif

Great. We finally get to meet! :P Tomorrow I will make you a breakfast you will never forget. Same goes for lunch. Oh, and dinner which will be Thai or Cambodian inspired.

Great. We finally get to meet! :P Tomorrow I will make you a breakfast you will never forget. Same goes for lunch. Oh, and dinner which will be Thai or Cambodian inspired.

OMG! That sounds fantastic! I'll even offer to wash the dishes for you!!! biggrin.gif

Tonight I am making:

Pureed Soup of Carrot and Sweet Potato with Citrus and Spices

Black Plum and Mango Salad with Lavender-Infused Honey

Steak tonight. I'm thinking about stopping at a roadside stand on the way home for some corn. I have frozen corn but it just isn't the same as corn on the cob. Worst case scenario I'll have to just have plain old corn with mashed taters and slather it all in some gravy. Poor me! :lol:

Sole with lemon oil and thyme, Basmati rice and a garden salad.

Oh, I love sole. It is such a blank canvas.