This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Persei V. Enthusiast

Trying to keep out of processed foods, so brown rice, cooked chicken and some steamed veggies (carrots and potatoes). Will try to make rice cakes tomorrow with the leftover...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

CarolinaKip Community Regular

It's Friday! nachos and some wine!!

sora Community Regular

Not sure yet but probably Tostadas and some Blackthorn cider my son bought me.

sa1937 Community Regular

Pizza! Last weekend I made two smaller crusts so just pulled one out of the freezer.

sora Community Regular

I'm thinking breakfast for dinner. Bacon and eggs.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Mac and cheese and broccoli :3 My stomach is finally back to normal (aka not trying to kill me rofl), so i wanted something comforting.

I had made beef soup last night, added too much cornstarch. It was edible but O.o weird....

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Roast lamb, pots and parsnips, broccoli, green beans and carrots.

Mmmm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm thinking breakfast for dinner. Bacon and eggs.

Good idea, considering all the prep you are doing for Thanksgiving tomorrow :)

Happy Thanksgiving, SORA!... and to all our Canadian friends!!

like Love2Travel...who is in Croatia right now.

I am making chicken cacciatore tonight IN THE SLOW COOKER....I am so glad you gals told me to break that thing out of the dusty box and USE it.

Never was the crock pot considered "cooking" to me.

But now, "Oh babycakes, I have seen the light!!" :lol:

sora Community Regular

Thanks IH. Still have a pumpkin pie or maybe two to make tonight.

I actually ended up doing a mac and cheese again. Had an unexpected friend show up.

I am asking Santa for a new crock pot. My daughter got me one last Christmas but it is too small for us now.

IrishHeart Veteran

Thanks IH. Still have a pumpkin pie or maybe two to make tonight.

I actually ended up doing a mac and cheese again. Had an unexpected friend show up.

I am asking Santa for a new crock pot. My daughter got me one last Christmas but it is too small for us now.

I LOVES me some punkin' pie....!(drool)

Santa always brings us what we want. :)

happy day tomorrow, sweets!

shadowicewolf Proficient

mac and cheese seems to be popular XD

At any rate, i need to get a crock pot... -sigh-

And i might have to replace to of my cooking pots... Lets just say, i had put them in the dishwasher before, added some boosting agent that i had not used before without reading the lable, and yeah now i have two pots (plus a lid) without any enamel on them -_-

So yeah... at least i didn't put the big one in and i still have my fry pan but still.

No idea if i even should still use them. THe bigger of the two at the moment is being used as a humidifyer.... but yeah....

kareng Grand Master

All the talk about pies and pie crusts, made me want a pumpkin pie with a ginger snap crust. So we are having that , burgers, oven fries, tossed salad with apples on it.

kareng Grand Master

mac and cheese seems to be popular XD

At any rate, i need to get a crock pot... -sigh-

And i might have to replace to of my cooking pots... Lets just say, i had put them in the dishwasher before, added some boosting agent that i had not used before without reading the lable, and yeah now i have two pots (plus a lid) without any enamel on them -_-

So yeah... at least i didn't put the big one in and i still have my fry pan but still.

No idea if i even should still use them. THe bigger of the two at the moment is being used as a humidifyer.... but yeah....

I reccomend you get a Rival Crock-pot (Crock-pot brand). They last the longest and seem to have the best safety record. I have one that a plastic part of the lid broke. LId works fine. I wrote them to ask about buying a replacement plastic piece and they are sending me a whole lid, free!

I have seen the smaller 4 qt ones at Target & Walmart for less than $20. I think they all have the removable crock (easier to wash).

sora Community Regular

Canadian Thanksgiving today so Turkey, stuffing, gravy. Mashed potatoes with parsley, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and toasted almonds, corn, brussel sprouts and all the extras. Pumpkin pie and french vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I am bursting! :huh:

jerseyangel Proficient

Canadian Thanksgiving today so Turkey, stuffing, gravy. Mashed potatoes with parsley, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and toasted almonds, corn, brussel sprouts and all the extras. Pumpkin pie and french vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I am bursting! :huh:

That sounds delicious!

I just put a chicken in the oven, stuffed with lemon slices and garlic. Drizzled butter over the top/salt and pepper.

sa1937 Community Regular

A bow of chili here. And it's chilly...only 43

sa1937 Community Regular

I reccomend you get a Rival Crock-pot (Crock-pot brand). They last the longest and seem to have the best safety record. I have one that a plastic part of the lid broke. LId works fine. I wrote them to ask about buying a replacement plastic piece and they are sending me a whole lid, free!

I have seen the smaller 4 qt ones at Target & Walmart for less than $20. I think they all have the removable crock (easier to wash).

I have several in different sizes, including Hamilton Beach in 4 and 6 qt. sizes that have locking lids if you ever have to carry them with you. Both have removable crocks.

jerseyangel Proficient

IrishHeart Veteran

mushroom Proficient

Chilly here too, sweets. BRRRR

I Do NOT want WINTER to come...waaaa!!

I want SUN!

Heading back to sun in four weeks, YAY!!!. Of course, we still gots warm sun here too (for now :ph34r: )

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Just spent a week in florida with 90 degree days with matching humidity. This New England 50 degree weather is seeing pretty awesome to me right now!... Be happy to go back down south in a few months though, I'm sure...

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Oops, I'm having eggs and a bagel for dinner! :P

shadowicewolf Proficient

Oh how i miss having wood burnings stoves, don't miss getting the wood and hauling it in though.

Left over mac and cheese with broccoli... sooooo goooooooood.

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh how i miss having wood burnings stoves, don't miss getting the wood and hauling it in though.

Not my favorite part either, but at least this year, I am well enough to help again. whoohoo! :)

Slow cooker being put to work again (you guys have me convinced-- it is a GREAT idea!)

Pork ribs, sauerkraut, potatoes , onions all seasoned with peppercorns, caraway, bay, juniper berries and some white wine.

I found this recipe on Chowhound.

Love2travel has me looking at recipes from all over the place now. (Like I need more recipes for fattening desserts <_< )

Speaking of tons of recipes --have you guys seen this? My cousin sent the link to me--an amazing collection. Maybe someone already posted it somewhere.

http://punchfork.com/glutenfree

Persei V. Enthusiast

After spending the whole afternoon fueled by only three super small cupcakes, I ate baked potatoes, brown rice and a chicken wing. With a banana, a scrambled egg and caj