Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Pan seared salmon with creamy citrus dill sauce, garden salad with raspberry cabernet dressing and bacon tomato bisque. It's soup season again!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Since discovering that squash is in fact awesome I am seeing which ones I like best before stocking up for the winter. Tonight is oven roasted delicata with lemon and herb pork tenderloin and I'll either have some mashed taters and gravy or some jasmine rice with it. Since my husband won't go near either of those I think I may force feed him some sweet potato fries or something else moderately healthy that acts like a vegetable.

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Steamed carrots with lettuce. I should've eat (eaten?) some chicken breast along with it, but my tummy does not agree with the idea... Bleargh, healing is hard.

Lactose free: 8/6/2006

Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012

Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

Grandma Brown Baked Beans topped with bacon and Oscar Mayer hot dogs.

I am able to tolerate legumes occasionally now:)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Tonight I'm going with cubed steak and vegetable casserole - comfort food night. This weekend I'm going to attempt to make a broccoli cheese soup - I used to make it with Velveeta, but my system doesn't like it anymore (I swear it just sees the words Processed Cheese Product and revolts). I have a great recipe for Cream of Asparagus soup so I think I'll just tweak that a bit.

Fish. Finally can eat again without cramping due to gas, so meat it is!

Lactose free: 8/6/2006

Gluten and dairy free: 5/2/2012

Grain free: 11/12/2012

I am able to eat somre processed foods again (chocolate, lollipops, soysauce).

Okay, so this won't sound like it all goes together but it's all stuff that sounded good at the time. Mashed squash because apparently my husband just doesn't like it and I just can't get enough. Salads because we need to be eating salads. And pizza burgers. I was going to have a regular old cheeseburger until I was looking in my fridge and saw my fresh mozzarella, leftover pizza sauce and a few slices of pepperoni laying around.

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

. Mashed squash because apparently my husband just doesn't like it and I just can't get enough. Salads because we need to be eating salads.

I saw a recipe in a waiting room mag (no, I didn't tear it out) that called for cream and maple syrup and roasted salted pecans to go with the acorn squash. Thought I might try the combo in whatever proportions tasted good. :D

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I saw a recipe in a waiting room mag (no, I didn't tear it out) that called for cream and maple syrup and roasted salted pecans to go with the acorn squash. Thought I might try the combo in whatever proportions tasted good. :D

That sounds super tasty! I'll have to remember that for next time, sans nuts.

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

:D wow, I saw that recipe too, shroom--in the doc's waiting room. Ladies Home Journal, maybe? I dunno.... anyhoo...Maple cream and acorn squash and thought, well, that could be yummy.

So....how was it?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just off to make pork and leek casserole maybe with parsnips. Tempted to sneak in Brussel sprouts and swede (do you call it that?) But know I wouldn't get away with it.

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

Just off to make pork and leek casserole maybe with parsnips. Tempted to sneak in Brussel sprouts and swede (do you call it that?) But know I wouldn't get away with it.

Nah, Mindwarp, it's rutabaga :lol: Now don't ask me why?? Your casserole sounds good (but I think the sprouts would "overpower" it a bit??? Definitely would not get away with it. :o:D

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

:D wow, I saw that recipe too, shroom--in the doc's waiting room. Ladies Home Journal, maybe? I dunno.... anyhoo...Maple cream and acorn squash and thought, well, that could be yummy.

So....how was it?

Do we go to the same doc??? Anywho, haven't tried it yet, it's still in the back of me mind how I'm gonna do it. :D

Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

mushroom

Especially not with a husband who hates sprouts.

Mw x

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

Do we go to the same doc??? Anywho, haven't tried it yet, it's still in the back of me mind how I'm gonna do it. :D

well, I do have to travel an hour to see him, but not as far as NV. thank heavens. (you're still there, right? not NZ)

Okay, if I get to it first, I'll let you know--and vice versa, deal? ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

mushroom

Especially not with a husband who hates sprouts.

Mw x

Got one here ,too, MW.

I sneak them in by braising them with bacon, shallots and some sherry, broth and herbs and chestnuts when we can get them.

I do not get it; he likes cabbage enough.

I love them! I love swede, too.

In fact, I never met a cruciferous or root veggie I did not like. :)

I'm making:

Quinoa stuffed peppers tonight.

(this should get the "curled lip look" later, but he's such a good sport, he'll eat it anyway. )

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Okay, if I get to it first, I'll let you know--and vice versa, deal? ;)

Deal!!

Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Mindwarp, do you sautee the halved sprouts with bacon and onions? Yummy.

Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009