jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

I think I'm gonna beat you guys to the cream maple syrup squash. I have a buttercup squash, butternut, and acorn here. I'm gonna cook it all up, smash it all together, and do the cream and maple syrup thing. I think squashes are best when you mix at least three together. Can include sweet potato and turnip too.

So I just looked up a recipe for that online, and it calls for oven roasting bite size pieces of the squash in olive oil and maple syrup and then putting a cream sauce on top. Way too much effort. I'm gonna bake, squish, and pour- I'll let you all know how it turns out!

I think I'm gonna beat you guys to the cream maple syrup squash. I have a buttercup squash, butternut, and acorn here. I'm gonna cook it all up, smash it all together, and do the cream and maple syrup thing

Shroom, Bunz....I found it! :)

http://www.lhj.com/recipe/acorn-squash-with-maple-cream-bacon-and-nuts/

I tried to make some baked carrot sticks (as in baked french fries, only that... carrot fries :unsure: ) though carrots without something to cover up the taste other than salt and olive oil aren't exactly my thing...

That, and a green salad with beef.

My stomach is still rather grumpy and upset, I think I have a stomach bug... Thank Merlin I'm recovering :P

Since my alfredo plan was scrapped, i made a butter sauce to put over the pasta (butter + water then season and add parm cheese). Oh dear god, thats rich TT_TT I hope this doesn't come back to bite me. I did have a nice pile of broccoli with it though.

Good plan!

I tried to make some baked carrot sticks (as in baked french fries, only that... carrot fries :unsure: ) though carrots without something to cover up the taste other than salt and olive oil aren't exactly my thing...

That, and a green salad with beef.

My stomach is still rather grumpy and upset, I think I have a stomach bug... Thank Merlin I'm recovering :P

Well I hope you feel better.

As far as the carrot fries go, we use olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and cinnamon.

Well I hope you feel better.

As far as the carrot fries go, we use olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and cinnamon.

I'll definitely try that, sans honey. Yep, my tummy doesn't like it <_<

No agave around here (really, there isn't even a Portuguese name for it, I looked up), but plenty of brown sugar around my house. :D

It would have a more carmalization effect. Heck i've been known to sprinkle a little over steamed carrots.

Speaking of brown sugar, i've got some apples that need to be eaten up. Probably going to cut them thinly and cook them up :)