jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Made some baked french fries this time :D A new week started, I may have two dishes with potatoes again.

The fries went along well with grilled chicken breast and some lettuce.

Yesterday I picked up a really nice rack of pork ribs at half price, so that's supper. I got a call rousing me out of bed at the crack of 10 this morning calling me in to sub the afternoon class, which means they'll have exactly enough time all wrapped up cozy in their rub before being baked. I think I have a buttercup squash laying around somewhere to cook with them. No clue what kind of vegetable my husband will eat but I'm sure I'll think of something.

carrot fries - brilliant

I've been making oodles of butternut squash fries which I prefer over sweet potato fries...I'm off to turn carrots into fries - Thanks!

Oh that sounds good.

Still havent fixed dinner... the meat has yet to fully de-frost. <_<

It was good! Comfort food. It's the type of meal I start craving in the fall along with more soups, chili, etc.

Pork chops marinated in Whorchestshire sauce and pepper and cooked on the grill. Foil packets of red skin potatoes in olive ol & Italian seasoning & salad. He cooked some chicken for enchiladas tomorrow night.

Corn couscous with cinnamon and brown sugar, plus a glass of passionfruit juice and an omelet seasoned with olive oil and oregano.

Oh, oh. Also trying to reintroduce dairy to my diet and ate a grilled thin slice of cheese to see if I can handle it.

Today wasn't a good day for cooking. I couldn't find unshelled almonds so I bought ones with shells and cut myself four times trying to unshell them with a knife, only to realize I had a nutcracker at home. Then I didn't unshell enough to make flour to the bread recipe I wanted to try, hence I tried to make butter and it didn't work, so I added chocolate and made some not so tasty brigadeiros with it.

Then I tried to make the bread with rice flour. Nope, I ended up with a flat and hard as rock "bread". Out of frustation, I ate two slices of grilled cheese instead. Turns out I can't handle dairy yet and I found myself bloated. :(

So my dinner is a tablespoon of rice fried with carrots with a bite of chicken breast.

I just didn't feel like doing anything today and my husband wanted pizza so it all worked out. We went and picked up a pizza for him somewhere then went somewhere else for me. I had vetted them over the phone previously and kind of just stored the info for later when I finally felt like a pizza. It was a pretty great price for a gluten free pizza, 12 bucks for a pizza with pepperoni, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil. And it was absolutely amazing! It's hours and hours later and if it weren't for the fact that I'm a woman I'd be feeling great still. Well that and the fact that I may be a teensy bit bloated from eating an entire 12 inch pizza. :ph34r: