Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

I make mine with dried rosemary tucked in, minced garlic on top, and generously sprinkled salt. (And olive oil.)

They are wonderful. I made mine tonight with pork tenderloin. Amazing.

Sounds delicious! I love how the outside edges become so crispy and the centres remain tender. Mmmm....

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

I'm still working with the flash frozen haddock fillets that Sprouts has for sale for $3.97 per pound, regular 9.00.

I defrosted a pound and rinsed them and cut them into serving pieces. On a dinner plate I placed about 1/2 cup of gluten free Bisquick and seasoned it with salt, pepper and paprika. I coated the fish pieces with the flour mixture flipping the pieces over several times and tapping the mixture into each piece.

In a frying pan I placed a bit of oil and about 2 TBSP gluten and dairy free Smart Balance margarine. Once the fat was hot I carefully placed the fish and cooked on each side until golden and crispy and the fish flaked. It took about 4 - 4 1/2 minutes per side.

I peeled some asparagus and dropped them into some simmering salted water for a couple of minutes. Had a slice of buttered Katz gluten free bread and it was a delicious and safe meal. Brought the rest to work today for lunch.

I plan to go back and buy 10 more pounds of fish from Sprouts so I can have some yummy, easy to meals to last me through a couple of upcoming surgeries.

Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

5 minute lasagna

preheat oven to 350

in a big bowl mix together:

2 beaten eggs

15 oz container of ricotta

1/2 c grated parmesan cheese

2 tbs italian seasoning

1 jar pasta sauce

1/2 jar of water

1 box of penne pasta (dry)

pour into baking dish

top with mozzerella

bake 350 for about 45min

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

5 minute lasagna

preheat oven to 350

in a big bowl mix together:

2 beaten eggs

15 oz container of ricotta

1/2 c grated parmesan cheese

2 tbs italian seasoning

1 jar pasta sauce

1/2 jar of water

1 box of penne pasta (dry)

pour into baking dish

top with mozzerella

bake 350 for about 45min

OMG, this sounds good and EASY! How large a box of penne do you use?

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Tonight I'm cooking zucchini pancakes with balsamic mushrooms and leek and roasted tomato. And some home made gluten free sour dough bread. Dessert will be blackberry friands. I'm excited... I better get cooking :)

could someone please,pretty please , tell me what zucchini pancakes are, and how to make them ,,,,pleasssseeee :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Sylvia, I had the same question!!!!!!

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Sylvia, I had the same question!!!!!!

Sounds like a really good emergency meal to me...and since I live alone and it would freeze well, it would be several emergency meals. :D

Sylvia

An 8oz box. It was the Hodgson Mills gluten-free penne.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

could someone please,pretty please , tell me what zucchini pancakes are, and how to make them ,,,,pleasssseeee :D

They can be made a couple of different ways but I suspect in this case they are like potato pancakes (i.e. grated, mixed with egg or whatever for binding and seasoning then fried). They are very good!

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

An 8oz box. It was the Hodgson Mills gluten-free penne.

Glad I asked as it would make quite a difference to use too much. Thanks a lot!

Sylvia

They can be made a couple of different ways but I suspect in this case they are like potato pancakes (i.e. grated, mixed with egg or whatever for binding and seasoning then fried). They are very good!

Thank you :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Tonight I had a baked tilapia fillet, baked potato and fresh green beans. I love this thread!!! Gives me lots of ideas and some good recipes, too!

Sylvia

Had my "go to" meal last night because we got in late from a doctor's appointment. Had sardines packed in mustard sauce mushed up on toasted Udi bread with thinly sliced tomatoes and lots of salt and pepper. Had some pickles and corn totilla chips - Santitos I think. I know that alot of people don't like sardines, but I grew up eating them and like them. We never had the flavored kind back then, but these are good.

Gluten Intolerance, Colitis, IBS, Lactose and Casein Intolerance, Gastro-Paresis, GERD, Arthritis. Taking Remicade and Asacol, 2 Prilosec/day among other meds. Officially a senior citizen! New knee is doing well.. now about that other knee...

Food is in my dreams and in my nightmares!

Glad I asked as it would make quite a difference to use too much. Thanks a lot!

Of course! :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Had my "go to" meal last night because we got in late from a doctor's appointment. Had sardines packed in mustard sauce mushed up on toasted Udi bread with thinly sliced tomatoes and lots of salt and pepper. Had some pickles and corn totilla chips - Santitos I think. I know that alot of people don't like sardines, but I grew up eating them and like them. We never had the flavored kind back then, but these are good.

I love sardines, too...and I also grew up eating them.

Sylvia

Tonight my 12-year old granddaughter is spending the night with me and we're having pork and sauerkraut (it's in my crockpot), mashed potatoes and applesauce. She loves all of it and has for years.

Sylvia

Thank you :D

You are welcome! :D

No idea what to make for dinner tonight yet. Maybe chili bake topped with cornbread. But last night I made chicken and dumplings using the gluten-free bisquick. It was super tasty and even better for leftovers for lunch today. I didn't really follow any recipe and added cut up red potatoes and carrots to add a veggie component to it.

Don't know about tonight, but last night we had a shrimp and mushroom risotto with parmesan and cream.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Let's see-- Thurs I had Caesar's gluten-free Lasagne, yesterday was Amy's gluten-free mac & cheese, today was Thai Kitchen Pad Thai... yes, there is a theme going here... my hubby had oral surgery (4 teeth taken out) on Thursday, so until he heals, it's easy meals all around at our house. We already have more than enough to deal with here!!

Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!

My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

Leftovers tonight! :D :D :D

and Lemon Lover's Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting. I've been wanting to make these for months and today my granddaughter and I did. They are so yummy! I only had one lemon so saved 1 tsp. of grated lemon rind for the frosting and dumped the rest into the cake. It worked fine. Definitely a recipe I'll use again.

Sylvia