This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

I don't generally do perky, but for scallops and risotto there is little I wouldn't do. :ph34r:

I have duly noted this and will keep it in mind.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

shadowicewolf Proficient

i love bacon... but it kills meh (GERD disapproves of it greatly).

Pasta with broccoli :)

GottaSki Mentor

crock pot is brewing up pulled pork to be used on schar's ciabatta rolls for everyone 'cept me...I'll have mine atop zucchini noodles.

butternut squash fries

asparagus for all - sesame dressing for those that can eat it

GottaSki Mentor

Parents had an issue....dinner reworked itself into pulled pork burritos and tacos for men and an extra large bowl of spag squash, asparagus, coconut oil salt and pepper for me.

Adalaide Mentor

I have duly noted this and will keep it in mind.....

I really should learn to do 2 things. First is go to bed at a reasonable time. It is leaning towards midnight and well, here I am. Second, I should learn to think things through before speaking or typing. I have the feeling that is going to bite me one day and leave me quite a sore butt. :lol:

I got ambitious enough after a nap to actually cook something. Sort of. I had some chicken thighs in the fridge and just did the Bisquick oven fried chicken thing with them. It wasn't bad but needed way way more flavor added. I'll have to try harder next time.

love2travel Mentor

Tonight is:

Chicken Marsala (of course with my usual C and S)

Baked Potatoes with Maître d'Hôtel Butter

Tangy Red Cabbage Slaw

At the moment I am making vichyssoise soup for lunch again (a staple at our house).

GFinDC Veteran

Well cooked crock pot sweet potatoes, onion, and black beans. Stirred in Enjoy life choc chips too and a little Splenda. and salt. Actual;y wasn't too bad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Pork and veg stir fry, rice.

Greek yogurt with vanilla and honey

jerseyangel Proficient

Greek yogurt with vanilla and honey

I love that for breakfast with walnuts stirred in :)

GottaSki Mentor

Well cooked crock pot sweet potatoes, onion, and black beans. Stirred in Enjoy life choc chips too and a little Splenda. and salt. Actual;y wasn't too bad.

Ok...this sounded gross - yet when I went to turn my large pot of broth into carrot/garlic soup/sauce and realized I forgot to buy carrots...this post had stuck in my mind so I added sweet potatoes to my minuscule carrot supply -- mistakes often yield the best results :) Thanks Paul!

mushroom Proficient

I made a very deep-coloured and -flavoured soup out of carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin -- mmm!

GFinDC Veteran

Ok...this sounded gross - yet when I went to turn my large pot of broth into carrot/garlic soup/sauce and realized I forgot to buy carrots...this post had stuck in my mind so I added sweet potatoes to my minuscule carrot supply -- mistakes often yield the best results :) Thanks Paul!

Ha Ha, I suppose it does wierd. The flourless black bean chocolate brownies work, so I figured this combo would work too. Encore today but Daiya cheese like shreds instead of chocolate chips. Not bad again. Your carrot sweet tater soup sounds good Lisa! :)

GottaSki Mentor

Ha Ha, I suppose it does wierd. The flourless black bean chocolate brownies work, so I figured this combo would work too. Encore today but Daiya cheese like shreds instead of chocolate chips. Not bad again. Your carrot sweet tater soup sounds good Lisa! :)

It is - its my go to sauce for quick meals - that and cilanto or basil pesto type substance made with almonds :)

cahill Collaborator

I havent eaten meat in awhle but all this talk of lamb reminded me how much my body likes lamb.

I could not find any ground lamb so I picked up some lamb shoulder cuts and put it in the crock pot. ( the only way I can eat meat if it is not ground up is to slow cook it untill it falls apart )

To go with it ,I am thinking some rice sauteed with red onion in olive oil

shadowicewolf Proficient

I had lamb once. It was waaaay to greasy/rich for my tastes.

mushroom Proficient

Whoa, don't come visit down here - we live on that. (You do have to degrease / defat, though :rolleyes: )

shadowicewolf Proficient

Whoa, don't come visit down here - we live on that. (You do have to degrease / defat, though :rolleyes: )

It could have been from the way it was prepared though.

On the other hand, i adore elk burgers..

Adalaide Mentor

I love lamb. Bear? Now there is greasy gross animal. Blech, my dad can keep those to himself if he shoots another. Yuck! I agree that elk is good, moose too.

GottaSki Mentor

I loved Lamb until one of my dogs absolutely freaked on the BBQ like we were cooking his best friend -- was so bad we had to pull the lamb chops off the q and finish in the house -- that was years ago and I haven't purchased lamb in years. Think maybe it is time for a leg o' lamb for New Year's or maybe a trip down under - that sounds fun -- silly road trip -- well -- silly plane ride ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Forgot to post dinner

We were out at a restaurant with my folks, sis and my men after a attending an fun play this afternoon - 'A Christmas Carol' set as a 1940s Radio Broadcast -- then Mexican in Old Town. Made yummy enchiladas for one son, other knew he would order "safely" off the menu and I had my normal fare with a nice large glass of vino -- Margaritas for everyone else of age - one day that'll be me too :)

love2travel Mentor

We have lamb often and I always trim as much visible fat off that I possibly can. It is definitely true that it is also in the preparation! :)

love2travel Mentor

Juniper and Apple Cider (et. al.) Brined Roast Leg of Pork with Maple Bourbon Glaze

Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Baby Potatoes

Honey Cardamom Glazed Carrots

Mixed Greens and Raw Shaved Asparagus with Pecorino, Toasted Hazelnuts, Crispy Capers and Tomato Pomegranate Molasses

Creamed Peas and Baby Onions

Chocolate Pots de Creme with Cacao Beans

WHEW! I am in serious pain. We have my husband's family over this weekend. I thought it would help doing lots in advance but as I do every single thing from scratch from seasoning blends to mustards to all it really, really took its toll on my poor body. So many things have many components which I love - just not today. :(

GottaSki Mentor

L2T deserves a massage and a nice long soak - well every day -- but especially today :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Juniper and Apple Cider (et. al.) Brined Roast Leg of Pork with Maple Bourbon Glaze

Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Baby Potatoes

Honey Cardamom Glazed Carrots

Mixed Greens and Raw Shaved Asparagus with Pecorino, Toasted Hazelnuts, Crispy Capers and Tomato Pomegranate Molasses

Creamed Peas and Baby Onions

Chocolate Pots de Creme with Cacao Beans

WHEW! I am in serious pain. We have my husband's family over this weekend. I thought it would help doing lots in advance but as I do every single thing from scratch from seasoning blends to mustards to all it really, really took its toll on my poor body. So many things have many components which I love - just not today. :(

Oh hon, didn't we talk about maybe" taking it down a notch" while you had your company? You need to take a break

Seriously. Massage tomorrow! That's an order. :). x x

IrishHeart Veteran

We have lamb often and I always trim as much visible fat off that I possibly can. It is definitely true that it is also in the preparation! :)

I agree.

Lamb is delicious and one of my favorite meats. I have never found it to be

all that greasy or fatty or dry ...just MHO. Many people complain it is "'too dry".

That's because all too often, it is cooked to within an inch of its life.

It should be cooked rare./medium rare.

Lamb can be very succulent.... if prepared properly

Lamb shanks done properly--should make anyone swoon with delight and the meat should fall right off the bone.

But we all have our own tastes/likes. I LOVE it ....and the hubs...well, meh, not so much.

Like any meats ...or fish or poultry..I think it's all in the preparation.... and in our taste buds. :)