This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

Made coconut-herbed pizza with cherry-tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, oregano, garlic, baby romaine and jumbo shrimp. Not bad, for a first time, but a pizza in a brownie pan is a bit sad.

Sounds great! I have had to resort to making a square pizza on occasion. or other geometric/crazy shapes. For example, the Chebe dough does not "do round" very well. Sometimes, it comes out like an octagon .........or a home plate . :D ah well, whatever we have to do to have pizza.

Dinner tonight:

Honey mustard chicken thighs with bacon and carmelized onions

Roasted herbed mixed veggies: rutabaga, brussel sprouts, turnips, carrots, leeks, garlic and whatever else is around.

Applesauce

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

cahill Collaborator

fried sweet potatos with lots and lots of butter and cherries for desert

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

A friend took me to a restaurant. I had half a bottle of Italian red wine, a small mixed greens salad, braised venison with red wine reduction, oven roasted potatoes, leafy greens, and chestnut puree. I also had flourless hazelnut-chocolate cake with whipped cream and moscato wine for dessert.

Now I am sleepy...

love2travel Mentor

A friend took me to a restaurant. I had half a bottle of Italian red wine, a small mixed greens salad, braised venison with red wine reduction, oven roasted potatoes, leafy greens, and chestnut puree. I also had flourless hazelnut-chocolate cake with whipped cream and moscato wine for dessert.

Now I am sleepy...

Now THIS is the type of food I love to cook. Sounds yummy. I love venison!

jerseyangel Proficient

Bucking the system as usual.....husband and son (who comes over for dinner most every night :rolleyes: ) will both be absent for dinner so I'm thinking homemade popcorn and a Pepsi Throwback. B)

GottaSki Mentor

Bucking the system as usual.....husband and son (who comes over for dinner most every night :rolleyes: ) will both be absent for dinner so I'm thinking homemade popcorn and a Pepsi Throwback. B)

No like button on cell - this was my special alone time meal for years - coke classic tho ;)

Love2travel, same here! First thing I did was trying to find recipes - I need to learn how to treat game, because I love game meat. I also find that game meat is, in some cases (not all), more humane than factory farm meat, which I have entirely cut out of my fare (which implies cutting out whole sections of dining institutions).

Though my finding recipes backfires: I have reverted to my old adage - "never eat at a restaurant something you can make yourself" - so that kind of makes it difficult when someone wants to take me out for dinner :) !

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

No like button on cell - this was my special alone time meal for years - coke classic tho ;)

:)

IrishHeart Veteran

you rebel, you! enjoy!!

et tu, Ski? now, see I never liked either. I liked root beer, birch beer and cream soda. Now, I don't drink any of them The sugar makes me squirmier than a 2 year old.

I have reverted to my old adage - "never eat at a restaurant something you can make yourself" - so that kind of makes it difficult when someone wants to take me out for dinner :) !

Same motto here, BC. :) I always choose something I rarely cook at home. That is typically something like duck or sea bass (or more exotic fare). Hubs does not like either of those. But I do!!! yum.

GottaSki Mentor

Quote error doh here and you are doing triple flips!

Meant to say

Tout va bien ;)

IrishHeart Veteran

Quote error doh here and you are doing triple flips!

Meant to say

Tout va bien ;)

and I am sooooo not hiding that "quote only" because I think it's cute that you did it ----while I mastered the triple quote hehehehehe

oui, "it's all good " indeed. (there's a Tout Va Bien --French restaurant--in NYC, BTW. )

Dinner tonight:

um, Not sure. I have to decorate this stupid lovely tree today. I mean it this time.Today. It's still NAKED, Ski.

Adalaide Mentor

and I am sooooo not hiding that "quote only" because I think it's cute that you did it ----while I mastered the triple quote hehehehehe

oui, "it's all good " indeed. (there's a Tout Va Bien --French restaurant--in NYC, BTW. )

Dinner tonight:

um, Not sure. I have to decorate this stupid lovely tree today. I mean it this time.Today. It's still NAKED, Ski.

I have a stupid naked tree. In a box. In my closet under my stairs.

I was supposed to make a roast last night but got around to my peanut brittle late and then... well my roast is still sitting in it's package today judging me. I have some potatoes to use up, I'm sure I'll think of something to do with them. I'm working today and there is snow and ice and ICK!! Kinda feels like a squash kind of day with maple and brown sugar to make me all warm and gooey inside.

kareng Grand Master

I hid it. It was offending my delicate sensibilities!

(there's a Tout Va Bien --French restaurant--in NYC, BTW. )

Hey, that's good to know - I'm taking a friend out before the Messiah at Carnegie Hall, would you recommend that bistro? And are the gluten-free friendly?

shadowicewolf Proficient

No idea what to do for dinner :)

I can't do soda anymore, its just to much caffine for my stomach and GERD doesn't agree with its existance, sooo. :blink: When i did get to have soda rootbeer was a favorite along with orange soda on occasion.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Mmmm rootbeer. Hard to get here, and soda rots my guts. Can't do caffeine. Or alcohol come to to that. Its fun fun fun chez Mindwarp.

Tonight is Mr Mws works do so I totally gave in and ate with the kids their choice. Bacon eggs beans potato letters. Classy.

My son was ill and off school so we added to our already decorated tree. I think if we averaged out the tree decorating I have at least 4 of you covered. And you don't have to clean up glitter for weeks :)

love2travel Mentor

Love2travel, same here! First thing I did was trying to find recipes - I need to learn how to treat game, because I love game meat. I also find that game meat is, in some cases (not all), more humane than factory farm meat, which I have entirely cut out of my fare (which implies cutting out whole sections of dining institutions).

Though my finding recipes backfires: I have reverted to my old adage - "never eat at a restaurant something you can make yourself" - so that kind of makes it difficult when someone wants to take me out for dinner :) !

We rarely eat out because I seriously can cook as well as most high-end places (excluding those such as Per Se, French Laundry, NOMA, etc.). Game is so wonderful to cook. We enjoy elk, caribou, moose, venison, quail, pheasant, wild boar, etc. And I completely understand what you are saying about humanely-raised meat/poultry as opposed to factory farmed. We thankfully have an excellent free-range farmer near where we get much of our meat - another farm raises very happy lambs. The meat is delicious!

love2travel Mentor

We rarely eat out because I seriously can cook as well as most high-end places (excluding those such as Per Se, French Laundry, NOMA, etc.). Game is so wonderful to cook. We enjoy elk, caribou, moose, venison, quail, pheasant, wild boar, etc. And I completely understand what you are saying about humanely-raised meat/poultry as opposed to factory farmed. We thankfully have an excellent free-range farmer near where we get much of our meat - another farm raises very happy lambs. The meat is delicious!

I just did something dumb. I wanted to edit my post and hit "Reply" instead. Oops-a-daisy! :blink:

Adalaide Mentor

The ONLY thing I miss about being back "home" in PA rather than out here in wonderful, dry UT is my dad and brother and their hunting. I do not miss lake effect snow. I do not miss summers so humid it is like trying to breathe soup. Oh the other hand, my brother shot 6 deer this season. My dad has brought home elk, buffalo, moose, and bear that I recall immediately. An uncle is a small game hunter and archer, although I've never been a fan of eating small furry things and never had the opportunity to eat his birds. If anyone in the family ever shoots a wild boar I may just be booking a plane ticket home.

Of course I miss our own grass fed beef too! Mmmm those are some tasty cows my family raises. I miss eating them too, just not enough to go back and breathe soup all summer long and spend all day every day sweating in the shade smelling like mosquito bait.

IrishHeart Veteran

I have a stupid naked tree. In a box. In my closet under my stairs.

I can hear it screaming from here. For godsakes Addy, let it out.

I hid it. It was offending my delicate sensibilities!

snort..where are those located exactly? under your chocolately coating?

Hey, that's good to know - I'm taking a friend out before the Messiah at Carnegie Hall, would you recommend that bistro? And are the gluten-free friendly?

BC, I have never been there and would never recommend anything I have not personally road- tested myself :DI can recommend Craft, CraftBar or Colichio and Sons. I imagine LeBernadin can handle special requests.

Enjoy the Messiah! Here's a "Cliff Claven factoid": It was first performed in Dublin in 1742 (and before anyone asks, no, wise guys, I was not there to see it) <_< I saw it a few years later in 1788.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I want to go to Per Se SO BAD.

IrishHeart Veteran

We tried to get into French Laundry when we were in Napa in 2003. No chance--booked solid.

I want to go to CHEZ LOVE2TRAVEL so bad.

mushroom Proficient

We tried to get into French Laundry when we were in Napa in 2003. No chance--booked solid.

I want to go to CHEZ LOVE2TRAVEL so bad.

We got in and had a fab meal - what a luxury to have the table for the evening, wander in the herb garden, peek in the back door of the kitchen.

But it would be even more of a luxury to eat a CHEZ LOVE2TRAVEL meal :) (in Croatia :lol: )

IrishHeart Veteran

We got in and had a fab meal - what a luxury to have the table for the evening, wander in the herb garden, peek in the back door of the kitchen.

But it would be even more of a luxury to eat a CHEZ LOVE2TRAVEL meal :) (in Croatia :lol: )

Oh, Shroom!!!! that sounds wonderful! I did have glorious meals in Napa, so I was not complaining, honest, but we did so wish to try it.Maybe next time we are in California. (SkiLisa , get ready)

And, I felt that way at LeBernadin and Aureole and Daniel and The Mark in NYC... we got to peek in the kitchen, go into the tasting room, view the wines and have a server float a new napkin onto my lap every single time I "moved"

Yes, we all need to experience LOVE2TRAVEL CROATIA --great name for a restaurant, eh?

(cuz if'n we all go to Alberta, we have to shovel ----and the cabana boys will be chilly )

mushroom Proficient

(cuz if'n we all go to Alberta, we have to shovel ----and the cabana boys will be chilly )

Nothin' worse than a chilly cabana boy ;)