Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Oh, gee, now I have to look for sumac... Except that I have filled my spice counter, and it's either another jar of spices, or my roommate, and spices don't pay rent, so... Does anyone here know where I can find piri piri in the US? I have been searching high and low, with no success. It also took me a while to find tandoori spices :o

Dinner is grapefruit, mixed greens, and ginger tea: I have been eating chocolate all day because I still have a gazillion essays to grade...

Did anyone here suddenly crave sugars after the gluten-free diet? Like, unnaturally craving sugar?

Hmmm, bit closer. Is Mr Clooney to old to do the job? Mr Depp?

Not too old for me. Just right.

MW, Shroom, LOVE2,... anyone....have any of you guys ever made Lamingtons?

I am thinking if I could make a tasty G F sponge cake, they would be something fun and different for Christmas.

Dinner tonight:

George Clooney

ok, focus Irish

Antipasto (using up some proscuitto, various cheeses, marinated peppers, spiced olives, marinated artichokes, etc from last weekend's dinner party)

Hey guys, when making RBJ, or rather when storing, does it have to stay in the fridge? I'm assuming

so, and also, how long does it keep? I want to know how far in advance I can make it!

I'm not sure any of these folks have kept it long enough to know. :)

Hey guys, when making RBJ, or rather when storing, does it have to stay in the fridge? I'm assuming

so, and also, how long does it keep? I want to know how far in advance I can make it!

Bunz, Yes to the first question....and the recipe says "stores up to 4 weeks", but , I gave some away and we ate some (awesome on buttered toast, on burgers and bison meatloaf ....).and so, er, it may not make it....

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

Also, this particular cabana boy would be my personal favorite:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005245/

yowzers!! yes.. First saw him on Criminal minds years ago.

Bunz, Yes to the first question....and the recipe says "stores up to 4 weeks", but , I gave some away and we ate some (aweome on buttered toast, on burgers and bison meatloaf ....).and so, er, it may not make it....

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

I haven't made any yet due to my whole not supposed to be eating bacon thing <_< but, how does someone find out that it would last 4 weeks? I mean, the idea that anyone remotely human with working taste buds could make it last even half that long is beyond my comprehension.

Oh, gew I have to look for sumac... Except that I have filled my spice counter, and it's either another jar of spices, or my roommate, and spices don't pay rent, so... Does anyone here know where I can find piri piri in the US? I have been searching high and low, with no success. It also took me a while to find tandoori spices :o

Dinner is grapefruit, mixed greens, and ginger tea: I have been eating chocolate all day because I still have a gazillion essays to grade...

Did anyone here suddenly crave sugars after the gluten-free diet? Like, unnaturally craving sugar?

I buy sumac at a middle Eastern store. Adore it. Make my own blends but McCormick's just came out with piri piri.

We have Penzys spice shop & I think they have sumac in a small jar for the same price I got a big bag from the Halal meat store. If you have a Muslim community, you might have a store like that. We have a Persian restaurant and they said they would sell me some. Be careful, some packages of sumac have salt added which you don't want. You can add your own salt.

My boy of choice is Colin Firth. I saw him first! :wub:

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/sunnys-bacon-bark/

Bacon Bark! Sounds like what my dog would do to get some bacon but looks interesting. Not sure what Hungarian Paprika is or what could sub for it here. Have to go to Penzys this weekend, so may see if they have some.

We found an olive oil and vinegar store ( next to Penzys). You can taste the oils and vinegars. Try a bit of one oil with a vinegar to see how you like it. They have oils with blood orange in it! Yum! I got a toasted sesame oil and it is yummy! Seems to be the missing ingredient in my spicy peanut dressing!