Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Which two? You've piqued my interest.

Well, there are many things of which we have two :rolleyes: Now we need to know the answer to your question, if it's noteworthy that K has two of them :P

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Oh, gee, now I have to look for sumac... Except that I have filled my spice counter, and it's either another jar of spices, or my roommate, and spices don't pay rent, so... Does anyone here know where I can find piri piri in the US? I have been searching high and low, with no success. It also took me a while to find tandoori spices :o

Dinner is grapefruit, mixed greens, and ginger tea: I have been eating chocolate all day because I still have a gazillion essays to grade...

Did anyone here suddenly crave sugars after the gluten-free diet? Like, unnaturally craving sugar?

Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Grave's disease (2011). It must have been a Black Friday.

Intestinal dysbiosis. Suspected damage to my vili (2012). NCGS according to my dermatologist upon seeing my post-wheat rash.

Gluten-free. Sept 2012.

Canola, almonds, soy = evil.

Grain-free, legume-free. December 2012.

No peanuts and tree nuts. February 2013.

Erb-Duchenne palsy from birth trauma.

My body is trying to kill me.

Ended up making Ginny's recipe--with basmati rice. It had bacon plus I had all of the ingredients on hand.

Delish!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Well Bunnie, I can tell you for sure we wont be fighting over the boys - those 2 are yours ;)

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

It had bacon plus I had all of the ingredients on hand.

Delish!

:) can never go wrong with bacon.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Hmmm, bit closer. Is Mr Clooney to old to do the job? Mr Depp?

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

Hmmm, bit closer. Is Mr Clooney to old to do the job? Mr Depp?

Not too old for me. Just right.

MW, Shroom, LOVE2,... anyone....have any of you guys ever made Lamingtons?

I am thinking if I could make a tasty G F sponge cake, they would be something fun and different for Christmas.

Dinner tonight:

George Clooney

ok, focus Irish

Antipasto (using up some proscuitto, various cheeses, marinated peppers, spiced olives, marinated artichokes, etc from last weekend's dinner party)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

MW, Shroom, LOVE2,... anyone....have any of you guys ever made Lambingtons?

Wasn't that a puppet with a TV show when we were kids?

Wasn't that a puppet with a TV show when we were kids?

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

you're a riot, Alice. Bang zoom.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Hey guys, when making RBJ, or rather when storing, does it have to stay in the fridge? I'm assuming

so, and also, how long does it keep? I want to know how far in advance I can make it!

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Hey guys, when making RBJ, or rather when storing, does it have to stay in the fridge? I'm assuming

so, and also, how long does it keep? I want to know how far in advance I can make it!

I'm not sure any of these folks have kept it long enough to know. :)

Interesting. We may need to clone him.

Bunz, Yes to the first question....and the recipe says "stores up to 4 weeks", but , I gave some away and we ate some (awesome on buttered toast, on burgers and bison meatloaf ....).and so, er, it may not make it....

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

Also, this particular cabana boy would be my personal favorite:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005245/

yowzers!! yes.. First saw him on Criminal minds years ago.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Bunz, Yes to the first question....and the recipe says "stores up to 4 weeks", but , I gave some away and we ate some (aweome on buttered toast, on burgers and bison meatloaf ....).and so, er, it may not make it....

http://leitesculinar...-bacon-jam.html

I haven't made any yet due to my whole not supposed to be eating bacon thing <_< but, how does someone find out that it would last 4 weeks? I mean, the idea that anyone remotely human with working taste buds could make it last even half that long is beyond my comprehension.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Oh, gew I have to look for sumac... Except that I have filled my spice counter, and it's either another jar of spices, or my roommate, and spices don't pay rent, so... Does anyone here know where I can find piri piri in the US? I have been searching high and low, with no success. It also took me a while to find tandoori spices :o

Dinner is grapefruit, mixed greens, and ginger tea: I have been eating chocolate all day because I still have a gazillion essays to grade...

Did anyone here suddenly crave sugars after the gluten-free diet? Like, unnaturally craving sugar?

I buy sumac at a middle Eastern store. Adore it. Make my own blends but McCormick's just came out with piri piri.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

We have Penzys spice shop & I think they have sumac in a small jar for the same price I got a big bag from the Halal meat store. If you have a Muslim community, you might have a store like that. We have a Persian restaurant and they said they would sell me some. Be careful, some packages of sumac have salt added which you don't want. You can add your own salt.

My boy of choice is Colin Firth. I saw him first! :wub:

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/sunnys-bacon-bark/

Bacon Bark! Sounds like what my dog would do to get some bacon but looks interesting. Not sure what Hungarian Paprika is or what could sub for it here. Have to go to Penzys this weekend, so may see if they have some.

We found an olive oil and vinegar store ( next to Penzys). You can taste the oils and vinegars. Try a bit of one oil with a vinegar to see how you like it. They have oils with blood orange in it! Yum! I got a toasted sesame oil and it is yummy! Seems to be the missing ingredient in my spicy peanut dressing!