This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Wild guess - we have a winner on the left ;)

There was two people in that picture? :ph34r: :ph34r:

:P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

There was two people in that picture? :ph34r: :ph34r:

:P

Only one volleyball player ;)

Marilyn R Community Regular

Well, wait a minute here!! I refuse to be in charge of everyone else's poop :ph34r:

Sorry a lot! I just have known for 2 years that you're really smart and figure stuff out. (I have a box of gloves on the rig.)

xxx

happy new year

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Sorry a lot! I just have known for 2 years that you're really smart and figure stuff out. (I have a box of gloves on the rig.)

xxx

happy new year

HAHAHAHA!!! Notice she doesn't let you out of poop duty, just gives you a really

good reason for assigning it to you. Slick!

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I think I might hold off coming till this poop thing is sorted :)

It was +12 here yesterday. That is normal. For April. The UK just had the second wettest year since records began. Only missed wettest by an inch or something. That would be great if we didn't keep getting our rivers roads and railroads flooded. I am not complaining.too much though. It is lovely and green here. And not humid, can't do humid, makes me come out in a rash and not breathe. How about a Vegas trip? We could take over a hotel and commandeer the buffet for gluten-free. There are some actual cabanas there too.

mushroom Proficient

Sorry, I can't be reached by flattery. And besides, you've not seen me around electronics. Everything I touch turns to poop :huh: Oh well, guess that does make me qualified for the job :P But I still decline, even with chamois leather gloves.

IrishHeart Veteran

Okay, I admit it.... I know how to empty the tanks and drive an RV.

I can hook up a tow bar. I do it all We had one for awhile.

Shroom, you've been reassigned. Can you pour us drinks until the cabana boyz are hired?

And for the love of mike, people FOCUS here: It's Addy's special weekend.

Giraffe THINGERS tongues are in her future.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you grouchy little thing! xxoo

Have a BRILLIANT day today!

birthday-song.gif.......birthday-dancer.gifbirthday-present.gifbirthday-party-blower.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sora Community Regular

Crap! That means, at the end of this, that I have to keep SUD.

It always turns out like this.

(Ya'll are still welcome down. We'll just leave suck up Danny for driving & emptying our tanks & general banter, occasional banging.)

Leave him.

I know how to do the tanks. I had one of those years ago.

GottaSki Mentor

Yay -- I can back up Irish in driving the rig and can hook up the tow car

Happy Birhtday to Addie!!!!

.......birthday-dancer.gif

birthday-present.gif

birthday-party-blower.gif

sora Community Regular

I could do the 80 thing in the winter for a while I suppose. Honestly though, I escaped that hot, humid BS back in PA and there is no way I would volunteer for that again. No way, no how. Bring on the 95 and dry, but hot and humid? Sorry but you'll be on your own. :P

Tonight I almost made tacos. Then I just didn't. Headed out shopping for tomorrow's excursion. Picked up a Costco chicken, some baby carrots and a mango and got everything all packed up in neat little containers in the fridge. I just had a little of the chicken and a mashed potato for supper.

I'll add some fruit leather, some V8 fruit thingers and a camera to my backpack and I am pretty much ready to go tomorrow. I have no idea how I am going to sleep tonight. I'm practically bouncing off the walls as it is. I intend to drop the film off tomorrow for digital developing so hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow night!

Edit: Oh, and we're going out to eat tomorrow. Woo! Rodizio Grill, which is a Brazilian grill sort of thing is amazing and nearly gluten free. The only thing they serve I can't eat is the chicken. They even serve gluten free bread, and always have! And deep fried polenta sprinkled with parm. To die for! They have people (usually good cabana boy candidates) that just bring a never end parade of grilled meat to your table and slice it off for you right there, and grilled pineapple too. Plus a salad bar with killer quinoa salad, and they keep all the gluteny stuff (all like 2 of them, or maybe its just the rolls) away from the gluten-free stuff and have people watching so morons can't walk up with dirty plates or some retarded thing.

Happy Birthday!

(wear a hat, they slobber)

IrishHeart Veteran

Happy Birthday!

(wear a hat, they slobber)

Wear a bib too! I got slobbered on pretty good by one.

Friendly sort, they are....

(like those cabana boyz I told you all about that started this whole mess :lol: )

Woooooo happy birthday Addy :)

mushroom Proficient

Happy birthday! Kiss a a giraffe for me!

sora Community Regular

Tonight is turkey soup with tiny little ring noodles we found from LeVeneziane and lots of veggies.

Short ribs tomorrow, need more wine. :rolleyes:

IrishHeart Veteran

I've got bison -stuffed peppers going in the slow cooker.

(Also have a slow cooking beef bone stock going on the stove top)

It smells great in here, all mixed with the scent of "Christmas"

Still have my tree up....that comes down tomorrow :(

bummer..guess the holidays are over....

kareng Grand Master

We'll just leave suck up Danny for...., occasional banging.)

What?

Okay, I admit it.... I know how to empty the tanks and drive an RV.

I can hook up a tow bar. I do it all We had one for awhile.

Shroom, you've been reassigned. Can you pour us drinks until the cabana boyz are hired?

And for the love of mike, people FOCUS here: It's Addy's special weekend.

Giraffe THINGERS tongues are in her future.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you grouchy little thing! xxoo

Have a BRILLIANT day today!

birthday-song.gif.......birthday-dancer.gifbirthday-present.gifbirthday-party-blower.gif

Ditto!

Adalaide Mentor

Thanks everyone! The morning was freakin awesome! I'm just chillin' til dinner. My husband is warming up, I think he is pretty much a hub-sicle. Poor guy, and I'm the one of us who doesn't normally handle the cold well. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

I'm late to the party but have a great rest of your day! I hope you are very, very spoiled and enjoy some amazing food and other thingers things. When you used "thingers" yesterday I laughed out loud. Your sense of humour is so very refreshing! I love reading your posts. :P

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm late to the party but have a great rest of your day! I hope you are very, very spoiled and enjoy some amazing food and other thingers things. When you used "thingers" yesterday I laughed out loud. Your sense of humour is so very refreshing! I love reading your posts. :P

Her sense of humor is rapier sharp and we are all glad she likes us :lol:

Here is what she did today!

http://www.celiac.co...or/#entry847007

Adalaide Mentor

Ah... but the remainder of what I did today. Now this involves food. And an endless parade of cabana boys meat servers whose entire night was filled with pleasing me. This is a small taste of the variety you'll get should you ever venture this way. http://www.rodiziogrill.com/about-us One actually slice off a rather large piece of beef then said "sorry it's so large" and went on his way. I completely lost it. :lol:

I enjoyed a few of the rolls, cheesebread made from teff. It is light and fluffy and comes out warm. It melts in your mouth and is just mmmmm.....

Cheesebread_zps7e323bf5.webp

I had a Brazilian limeade which I never ever go without when I go there. I have a thing for limes. It has just occurred to me, literallly as I type this that I'm not supposed to do citrus. Crap. I foresee a vision problem incoming... and that is all I'm gonna see for a while. :D That little green/red thing behind the glass is how you let the cabana boys know if you want them to keep coming or not. Oh yeah, keep on coming boys.

Limeade_zpsd4138bec.webp

The real reason I go though? The menu. They don't hand you a menu and say this is what you can eat. They give you this. This is what you can't eat. Sure, it includes most of the desserts. (But they have creme brulee, flan and fresh made ice cream so um... who cares?) A "menu" of what I can't eat the size of most restaurants menus of what I can eat? Yeah, sign me right up!

menu_zpse317056c.webp

Her sense of humor is rapier sharp and we are all glad she likes us :lol:

Yeah... Sharp as a spoon most days. And we aren't talking grapefruit spoon either.

Addy, I am so glad you had a fantastic day, what an amazing experience, you look fab. I can't get over that menu,, amazing.

Edited to add, I wonder if love2 could sort the rest of that menu out to be gluten-free too, just for the heck of it?!

Me again, popping in while you all sleep (maybe except mushroom). I am not allowed to weigh myself during the whole30 but I did just have to make a new hole in my belt :) :) :) .

While I am doing it for health primarily, I am more than happy to lose a few pounds on the way.

I am visiting a dietitian this week, I will have to try and look away when they weigh me...

IrishHeart Veteran

Me again, popping in while you all sleep (maybe except mushroom). I am not allowed to weigh myself during the whole30 but I did just have to make a new hole in my belt :) :) :) .

While I am doing it for health primarily, I am more than happy to lose a few pounds on the way.

I am visiting a dietitian this week, I will have to try and look away when they weigh me...

You're doing great, W30 buddy!!

I do not wear belts, so I have no clue what's going on.

I am sleeping better, but I am also having w/d symptoms and my joint pain is through the roof.

I miss half and half in my coffee and I miss "happy hour" but, I'll do anything to dump some of this pain.

I have been reassured by Ski and a few others that we will be fine in a few days.

Having done this no grains, legumes, dairy thing before, I recall the first few days were "wonky", so I push on.

Dinner tonight:

Roasted chicken

Sauteed chard

sweet potato for me

and yukon golds for the hubs

GottaSki Mentor

Keep going Ladies - you can do it!!

That first week is a b%$@# - but thankfully it gets better - sometimes with amazing results :)

You can do it!!

IrishHeart Veteran

Keep going Ladies - you can do it!!

That first week is a b%$@# - but thankfully it gets better - sometimes with amazing results :)

You can do it!!

Thanks, sweets. :)