This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

GottaSki Mentor

I'm here - well somewhere and that sounds y-u-m .... Let us know how it tastes - please :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I'm here - well somewhere and that sounds y-u-m .... Let us know how it tastes - please :D

you betcha, kiddo! :)

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Well hellooo

Salmon, sweet potato carrots, broccoli.

But I want that pizza.

This whole30 is doing weird things now, I am craving stuff, including things I don't even like. Keeping going.

IrishHeart Veteran

This whole30 is doing weird things now, I am craving stuff, including things I don't even like.

If you start wanting things like moose brains, elmer's glue or bat guano, call me and I'll talk you out of it.

I had to make my flourless chocolate ganache cake for my Mum's Birthday. It smells like heaven in here :unsure: and I can't even have any of it....plus I have to eat out in two restaurants this weekend while traveling. Wish me luck--and a giant gluten deflecto shield.

Adalaide Mentor

I'm sorta kinda here. I haven't been sleeping well so mostly I'm a zombie and lurking. Last night I managed maple glazed pork chops with rice and steamed corn. I had picked up a pack of 5 chops and my husband seemed to think I would cook 2 yesterday and the rest tonight. Yeah... I just cooked them all and tonight I'll throw them in the oven to get them warm and make a little more glaze for them. I may even find a frying pan in a cupboard somewhere for some green beans.

I did get pretty excited yesterday though. The tank at the dairy busted and I spent most of a week without milk then they were only letting people buy a single gallon on Monday so I had to ration. Yesterday the store got another delivery and they were letting people buy 2 gallons, so I did and I've been drinking as much as I want. I even finally made my Tazo cocoa last night sweetened with brown sugar. So good!

jerseyangel Proficient

Dinner tonight.... Pizza for the guys and a small steak and veggies for me.

Intermittent fasting was an epic fail. I gained weight.....carbs are not my friends:(. Planned to give it 6 weeks but had to cut my losses. ( or gain)

Going back to what is tried and true for me-- Paleo. I feel the smelling the cake, G.

Darn good thing I like almonds.....

IrishHeart Veteran

.....carbs are not my friends:

....hear that......starting to think the same thing here....super-sad.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

....hear that......starting to think the same thing here....super-sad.gif

Seriously. *one day* of Paleo and I can feel the bloat going down. My late afternoon exhaustion was much, much less today too.

IrishHeart Veteran

Seriously. *one day* of Paleo and I can feel the bloat going down. My late afternoon exhaustion was much, much less today too.

Oh yes. 2 weeks on this whole 30 plan and I saw a major difference. It was rocky at first, but now, I see: no more bloating and a weight loss (I suspect )and much better sleep. I also learned I have a histamine issue and I took those HH foods out which helped reduce the burning sensations in my skin and bones AND I learned that (and this is no surprise) I really, really like sugary treats and cheese ...and cocktails.......... and chocolate and cream in my coffee and I miss them all .

:lol: so much "self discovery".. I did have brown rice one day because I lost so many foods from the repertoire and felt like I needed the fiber, but now I am not so sure. Still experimenting and I dumped the rice again.

HUBS LIKED THE PIZZA!

I used chebe pizza mix for the dough.

Recipe is here: (Please note: It contains white bean puree for those of us who are legume free!!)

http://chefchloe.com/entrees/roasted-apple-butternut-squash-and-caramelized-onion-pizza.html

GF Lover Rising Star

Hubs made me a burrito with meat and beans, cheese, sour cream, yellow tomato and lettuce. Mandarin oranges for dessert.

Supper Yumms

Colleen

mushroom Proficient

And super good to see you back :wub: and eating well, also, I see! Good for hubs.

GF Lover Rising Star

And super good to see you back :wub: and eating well, also, I see! Good for hubs.

thanks mushroom. It's GREAT to be back. I missed every single person here. And hubs has me eating well now that I can eat.

Colleen

jerseyangel Proficient

Hubs made me a burrito with meat and beans, cheese, sour cream, yellow tomato and lettuce. Mandarin oranges for dessert.

Supper Yumms

Colleen

Colleen!! So good to see you back:)

GF Lover Rising Star

Thank you so much Jersey.

Takala Enthusiast

A GIANT GLUTEN DEFLECTO SHIELD ? I WANT ONE OF THOSE. :D I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHAT I AM HAVING FOR DINNER. WE NEED TO GO TO THE GROCERY AND IT'S FRIDAY NIGHT AND 7 O'CLOCK ALREADY. BUT WE HAD TACO SALADS FOR LUNCH WITH A SIDE OF BLACK BEANS.

IrishHeart Veteran

Supper Yumms

Colleen

happy-dancing.gif whoohoo!!!

hey girl! so great to talk with you last week...and even better to see you here..... and eating!!!

You just made my day!!!!! xx

love2travel Mentor

Good evening, all! Count me as present. I posted the following twice but as it did not show up, am attempting again. I made:

Velveted Kung Pao Chicken

Mung Bean Noodles

Strawberries with thick, syrupy, authentic aceto balsamico tradizionale de Modena

We were going to have a lovely spicy Japanese cucumber salad but we got sorta busy.

GF Lover Rising Star

happy-dancing.gif whoohoo!!!

hey girl! so great to talk with you last week...and even better to see you here..... and eating!!!

You just made my day!!!!! xx

Where did you get the dancing one :wub: you don't even know how our conversation helped me. I was smiling all weekend!!

I'm dancing too, you just can't see it, lol.

2 fruits, 2 vegies and meat, light on the beef and work up to 30 minutes a day of aerobic. I can do that that :D

IrishHeart Veteran

Where did you get the dancing one :wub: you don't even know how our conversation helped me. I was smiling all weekend!!

I'm dancing too, you just can't see it, lol.

2 fruits, 2 vegies and meat, light on the beef and work up to 30 minutes a day of aerobic. I can do that that :D

Well, I was laughing and smiling with you too ( the hubs said he could hear me in the other room)

I figure, whenever anyone laughs, it's always a good thing.

I have become an emoticon thief, liberally pilfering from the internet. :lol:

YOU. ARE. AMAZING.

Keep up the great work. We all :wub: you.

kareng Grand Master

I have become an emoticon thief, liberally pilfering from the internet. :lol:

smiley-vault-misc-037.gif

Hi Colleen! Glad you are upright and laughing

jerseyangel Proficient

smiley-vault-misc-037.gif

<snort>.

Must learn how to post emoticons and pics....

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Eating back to normal, cravings vanished. Phew. Roast chicken, rotabaga, cauliflower, carrots, mange tout.

I am eating loads of the veg I don't normally have because Mr Mindwarp isn't keen. I decided as I am cooking 2 or more different meals I would do stuff I like.

Just roasted sweet potatoes and onions while the oven was on, and couldn't resist an onion. Who would have thought that a roasted caramelized onion would be better than candy.

I don't even mind.now that everyone else had ice cream for dessert. My onion was fantastic :)

GottaSki Mentor

Hip Hooray for Colleen being back!

We just climbed in the car again 8.5 hours and we'll be home :)

Dinner was at lunch today

Chicken roasted with apples and onions, Japanese sweet potato and broccoli

Dinnertime will be In&Out -- probably central valley area

Adalaide Mentor

Hip Hooray for Colleen being back!

We just climbed in the car again 8.5 hours and we'll be home :)

Dinner was at lunch today

Chicken roasted with apples and onions, Japanese sweet potato and broccoli

Dinnertime will be In&Out -- probably central valley area

I so love In&Out but haven't been there in forever. Burgers all wrapped up in lettuce, fries the way they were meant to be, just potatoes... fried, and shakes that make your hips 2 inches wider just while ordering. Maybe we need to plan an evening out this week. :D

It has been a while (feels like a while) since my whole incident involving mac & cheese and a follow up with alfredo. So, to that end I am testing the alfredo waters tonight. Crossing my fingers and hoping that in a few hours I am not curled up in a ball on the floor in agony vomiting. :ph34r:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Darling, I love you, but I have to ask- how is alfredo worth that?