This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Have fun, wave if you fly over the UK :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

Adalaide Mentor

Enjoy your spring thaw! I'm sure we all can't wait to hear the amazing things you'll have to share with us.

notme Experienced

Not I, not me. (I love doing that, did you notice?) LOL

also good answers to many questions :)

notme Experienced

yesterday i made my pie, finally.  sort of.  i used the canned pie filling (cherry) and my pie plate was ginormous for the amount of filling i had - i could just about turn the rest of the bottom crust over it to cover it.  so that's what i did.  like a rustic tart.  brushed it with egg was the last 10-15 min and sparkled it with turbinado sugar.  i also made the crust with unsalted butter instead of shortening and it tastes almost shortbread-y.

it turned out GREAT and i still has pie crust.  in the freezer.  i am invincible :P 

and i completely lied about what was for dinner last night.  forgot i had chili lef douvres and when i opened the friger it called my name.  in spanish (not really)  

LFitts Apprentice

Lots of work and first harvests from the community garden has influenced the menu this week ---

Roasted radishes (who knew?!), indian carrot salad, and curried red mustard greens & kidney beans with jasmine rice. Getting in pink / purple carrots this week too!

GottaSki Mentor

Haha I have 7 years brain fog induced paper filing to deal with. Always the first thing to go when the fog sets in....

I've got 13 .... started and stopped at least a few times per year over that time period...have made a dent these past few months -- for that I am extremely grateful -- flippin' frogs ;)

GottaSki Mentor

Lots of work and first harvests from the community garden has influenced the menu this week ---

Roasted radishes (who knew?!), indian carrot salad, and curried red mustard greens & kidney beans with jasmine rice. Getting in pink / purple carrots this week too!

pink and purple carrots? -- yum -- need to find or grow a few of those -- love adding more color as often as possible :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

Did someone say pie?????

I think I'll make an apple crumb -- still working on bribes for honeydos -- men are happy lately...but my list has only a few items scratched off -- this weeked they are mine --- insert evil laugh here!

LFitts Apprentice

pink and purple carrots? -- yum -- need to find or grow a few of those -- love adding more color as often as possible :)

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/298293_10200521040521475_1999901580_n.webp

The kids aren't too sure about them, ha

IrishHeart Veteran

Those are awesome and your daughter is adorable!

Tonight is looking like grilled chicken and asparagus (since it will be nearly 80 today) and NO potatoes.

Going low carb for a while to shed some (as LOVE2TRAVEL delicately calls it) "adipose tissue"

...bikini season ( a permanent one it turns out ) is fast approaching B)

kareng Grand Master

But it matches her outfit!

Adalaide Mentor

She looks highly suspicious. :lol:

Tonight I am cooking a boneless turkey roast. I love easy dinners. Pan. Oven. Two hours. I can worry about veggies at the end or something.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

I am loving the pink carrots!!!!!!

I used to wear pink a lot, but I am so out cuted by my 3 year old, I can't carry it anymore :)

GottaSki Mentor

She is adorable and now I want the carrots even more -- grandbaby girl LOVEs pink -- much to the chagrin of both myself and her Mom -- we are sporty chicks -- yep sounds better than TomBoy ;)

Although I must say I have  been enjoying all the fushia clothes I've added to the wardrobe to wear while in her presence....must find some pink carrots....and some seeds too!!!!

Adipose Tissue :wub:

I've seen Irish and L2T use that term but it finally sunk in -- off to cycle a bit of mine off :)

Oh Dinner is Breakfast -- found some nice looking fresh breakfast sausage so waffles and eggs with those for the men...encore chicken and parsnips for me -- lol parsnips are not the color I am looking for in my carrot shaped vegie today :ph34r:

shadowicewolf Proficient

Hey now, i love the color blue, so most of my stuff is that color.

Have you guys tried udi's pizza crusts? Are they any good?  I'm thinking about picking a package up and was wondering about it. I'd probably just put some cheese, olive oil, salt & pepper, and something else on it (no idea what).

Adalaide Mentor

I'm not really sure when it happened. I grew up obsessed with purple. Not just a little but enough that I had tantrums when we redid my bedroom when I was 6 and got a purple carpet. Then... somehow I migrated to pink. Maybe it is in part because I look terrible wearing purple. But, more than half of my shirts are pink. Even my sneakers are pink! If my husband is out shopping with me (and he usually is because I'm evil) he'll usually ask me if I want shirts in another color. I managed a blue and pink one last time instead of two different shades of pink. :lol:

I would totally eat pink food. Especially pink vegetables.

GottaSki Mentor

I'm not really sure when it happened. I grew up obsessed with purple. Not just a little but enough that I had tantrums when we redid my bedroom when I was 6 and got a purple carpet. Then... somehow I migrated to pink. Maybe it is in part because I look terrible wearing purple. But, more than half of my shirts are pink. Even my sneakers are pink! If my husband is out shopping with me (and he usually is because I'm evil) he'll usually ask me if I want shirts in another color. I managed a blue and pink one last time instead of two different shades of pink. :lol:

I would totally eat pink food. Especially pink vegetables.

I wear hot pink regular now with jeans or royal blue -- the little bit's brother loves royal blue  -- my favorite color is green -- lucky for me it's my birthstone so i get to wear it around my neck with anything :)

Adalaide Mentor

I got boned on my birthstone. Garnet? Seriously? It is the color of old, dried, crusted blood. Ewwwww! My oldest daughter lucked out, December and her favorite color is blue.

GottaSki Mentor

I got boned on my birthstone. Garnet? Seriously? It is the color of old, dried, crusted blood. Ewwwww! My oldest daughter lucked out, December and her favorite color is blue.

SIL is garnet too and she feels ripped off!

My kids are two diamonds and one citrine -- makes an awesome mothers ring...I've got two clear cz eternity bands with a citrine cz band sandwiched in there -- hubs is under instruction to get me a real set - one of these days -- for now this set sparkles at me nicely.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Mine is apperently alexandrite (june).... a yellow/green stone....

Adalaide Mentor

I get to pick and choose for a ring, December and June. :D I either want a black pearl and turquoise or alexandrite and zircon. While I absolutely love the tanzanite, it would look terrible next to June's stones. Of course, I have to stop being poor too. A girl can dream.

For now I better shuffle off to the kitchen or the only dinner we're going to have are dreams instead of actual dinner!

ETA: pearls Shadow... pearls!!!

kareng Grand Master

Its sleeting and snowing here! Forutnately, the lacrosse game has been cancelled.

So... tortilla soup for dinner - I add chicken, corn & black beans to maek it more of a meal.

Adalaide Mentor

SNEET!!! Sounds like fun times.

shadowicewolf Proficient

True true

I see my udi's question was skipped over :lol:

Adalaide Mentor

I wasn't skipping it, I simply have never tried them. I once had a Glutino brand frozen pizza. I do not recommend them, mostly because the crust sucked. The only other ready pizza crust I have ever had I order online from Venice bakery. Those I can not recommend enough! I am beyond excited for their new products to release.