Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Spinach fritatta with black olives and oregano (garden!!)

Brown Rice with Carrots

Kiwi

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

<_< OOH. I haven't had single malt in years. Over a decade.

Tonight we ate like peasants, and it was really good. I made potato pancakes and homade chicken soup.

We had salad later, and I made a bomb dressing with chopped fresh herbs, leftover hummus, left-over balsalmic vinagrette, grated cucumber and coarse mustard. I stuck my immersion blender in the bowl and the dressing ended up all over the place, including my face, walls and appliances. I haven't checked the ceiling.

Thank God for profanity. That dressing probably never would have made it if I hadn't been able to really curse.

(The really stupid part is that I'd do it again, because it was the first really delicious creamy salad dressing I've made ever, even pre-gluten-free.)

Have you ever tried a mortar and pestle? I use it often for salad dressing and it works beautifully. (Start with raw garlic and salt, and add herbs, then liquids and mustard.)

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

BBQ chicken, green bean and potato salad, corn on the cob and possibly some banana "ice cream" for dessert. http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

I went to my son and DIL's and brought potato salad. My son grilled hamburgers (I 'grilled' him on the state of his grill yesterday...pun intended), I brought my own hamburger bun and mayo. My DIL fixed Caprese salad (yum!), had relishes, fruit and made gluten-free Betty Crocker brownies for dessert. I got to meet their new 4-month old puppy...also brought my dog. It's hotter than blazes here so we ate indoors. Fun day!

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Quinoa salad with beet stalks and cucumbers

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Tacos tonight. Easy peasy.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

Last night we had chicken pasta salad with olives, marinated artichoke hearts, onion, celery and broccoli, with italian dressing.

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

pancakes and cheesey eggs :D

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I don't believe any of you people are actually making all these yummy things! I am thinking about coming round to your homes to check on the quality of the food! Will require good planning so I don't have to back track. B)

I can't even imagine dinner tonight. I'm so out of ideas. If only there were a thread wherein everyone posted their dinner ideas.....

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Korean marinated beef skewers on bibb lettuce with sesame dressing; bay infused Jasmine rice; shaved raw asparagus salad with Parmesan shards and lemon vinaigrette. Again, coconut layer cake with coconut buttercream for dessert.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Tonight I'm going out so I brought a sandwich on Udi's to work.

Tomorrow... Chicken legs, baked in the oven with a little butter and lots of Tabasco sauce (brand name is gluten-free unless you are too sensitive for vinegar). It tastes kind of like hot wings. Brown rice in the cooker, and I'll steam some broccoli.

I don't believe any of you people are actually making all these yummy things! I am thinking about coming round to your homes to check on the quality of the food! Will require good planning so I don't have to back track. B)

It's called freeloading, I believe :rolleyes:

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Some leftover turkey burgers with fresh chives wrapped with lettuce, pickles and roasted onions....roasted veggies on the side. Fresh fruit. glass of chardonnay or two, it was a very hot day!

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

Korean marinated beef skewers on bibb lettuce with sesame dressing; bay infused Jasmine rice; shaved raw asparagus salad with Parmesan shards and lemon vinaigrette. Again, coconut layer cake with coconut buttercream for dessert.

Would love the recipes!!!!

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

Come on over! The chicken is gone, but if you get here soon you can have some of the strawberries I'm eating now for my dessert. :)

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

I want strawberries!

Quinoa pasta w/ a touch of pizza sauce, lots of spinach, a few stray bits of frozen yellow squash, black olives, fresh oregano, and pecorino romano

Blueberries and cherries with a spoonful of sunbutter

(pizza sauce = tomato sauce with so much garlic and herbs that you don't so much notice the tomatoes)

4/2010 Negative biopsy

Teriyaki chicken on rice. Served with broccoli and beans for me and carrot sticks and celery for Mr Man.

Last night was roasted pork belly (with crackle), roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots. Followed up with a yummy rich chilled chocolate custard/pudding. nom, nom, nom.

hamburger patties with mustard and mayo.

I got organic hamburger meat (on sale) ground turkey (not organic, but on sale) and mixed them together with some garlic, salt, pepper, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Molded the meat into patties between parchment paper and stuck them in the freezer. They separate nicely and you can do a quick meal with them.

- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

I want strawberries!

You'll have to get Kareng to pick you up on the way. I have plenty left! I was going to freeze them but if y'all get here by morning you can have them over some gluten-free/DF/SF pancakes. :D